News: BtS SGOTM 08 - Wonder Crazy - Sign Up Thread

Did we Geezers get that many signups ? I am a little surprised we are 10 while there are teams with 4 or 5 players.

Does seem like a lot, especially given our sometimes wandering decision process :rolleyes:;). Lots of Geezer volunteers, I wonder if they understand the wooden spoon is a bad thing? :lol:

I'd be willing to pop off and join another team, but maybe there are some other options.

Maybe we should take this to the SGOTM7 team thread and discuss further?

I'd be willing to pop off and join another team, but maybe there are some other options.
The RMB is short members this time around, and we are going to consider our options as well, to see whether accepting new members, merging with another (changing the team name in both situations), or dispersing are feasible.

Here's the next draft of the team lists, this time using my powers of insight, intuition, and random selection - not necessarily in that order :mischief: I have followed my previous methodology, as ably described by oyzar above, to create one new team from unassigned players, and to top up those teams in need of reinforcements.

Please make me aware of any concerns, complaints, or corns I have trodden on as soon as possible. Most importantly, if I have left anyone out - please shout now! I would also like to hear from any players whose names I have misspelt. These all need to match your forum user names.

If we get consensus in the next 48 hours, I'll open the new Team Threads in Tuesday to give you a bit of time to get to know each other and to start to discuss your strategies in private.

If it's possible could I be in the same team as Iagoc? I guess it's more practical since we sometimes bump into eachother in RL...
If not, don't worry, I just won't talk to him in the next three months
(So either move me to New Team, or Iagoc to Real Ms Beyond?)

cheers

If it's possible could I be in the same team as Iagoc? I guess it's more practical since we sometimes bump into eachother in RL...
If not, don't worry, I just won't talk to him in the next three months
(So either move me to New Team, or Iagoc to Real Ms Beyond?)

cheers

Sorry, I did note your joint request, but failed to act on it. I've done a swap to put you together in the New Team.

By the way, I assume you will want to rename that team, so please get together as soon as the team threads are open and decide on a name :)

I am OK with wherever you put me and am happy to stay with trash team. But I will go anywhere so that things work out even.

1. Which level (noble, monarch, etc.) are you comfortable playing in a solo game? - Emp.
2. Have you played any Civ4 GOTM games before? - Yes
3. Have you played any succession games or SGOTM before? - Yes
4. Do you have a group of players you want to play with? - USuspects

Wasn't (aren't) well, are tardy.

Not *too* late, but a tad inconvenient!

There have been some shifts in the team lists as a result of the late arrivals (and departure). Please check again in post #183 that you understand which teams you are all in.

Not *too* late, but a tad inconvenient!

There have been some shifts in the team lists as a result of the late arrivals (and departure). Please check again in post #183 that you understand which teams you are all in.

I am sorry for the inconveniences (hollidays should be forbidden, shouldn't they?).

Thanks for your dedication.

hollidays is probably the reason for the low turnout in the first place...

Could I be put in Fifth Element please?

1) Monarch
2) No
3) Yes
4) Fifth Element

Done.

The total team member count for this game has now crept up to 110.

How would it look if you capped all teams you added random people to at 7 and made two new teams instead(that way the already formed teams might get former members more easily later)?

I don't think it's that simple, but please feel free to do this job if you want it.

The discussions I have seen indicate that dutchfire may not be a playing member, and Fifth Element *invited* their new members. They were not random additions by me.

Hi Alan,
first of all, thanks for your efforts, and thanks even to the Evil Viking for this new game.

That said, our team list seems OK, and correctly spelled.
In case Culdeus reappears, we'll be glad to find room for him, if still possible.

Eager to begin the discussion.

Top Bottom