News: COTM 110 Inca - Pre-game discussion

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
COTM 110 Inca - Pre-game discussion

You are Sapa Inca Pachacuti-Cusi Yupanqui, the Earth Shaker. You lead
the people of the Incas to create out of the petty Kingdom of Cuzco
the Four United Lands, Tawantinsuyu, the greatest empire on earth.

The Inca are Agricultural and Expansionist and can build the Chasqui
Scout as unique unit. It can cross Hills and Mountains as if they were
level ground and has a modest military capability.

The cost of the Chasqui Scout has been lowered to 16 shields. Unfortunately,
though, you have lost all your money and forgotten about Pottery. You
know only Masonry.

Starting location:

Minimap:

Scope of the Game:
  • Civilization: Tawantinsuyu
  • Difficulty: Emperor
  • World size: Standard
  • Landmass: Pangaea, 60% water
  • Geology: 3 billion years old
  • Barbarians: Raging
  • Rivals: 7 Preset
  • Respawn: OFF
  • Scientific Great Leaders: OFF

This game is available from December, 10, 2015.

Submissions due by January 21, 2015. PLEASE NOTE THE DATE.

Attachments

• COTM110.jpg
    COTM110.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 387
  • COTM110_MM.jpg
    COTM110_MM.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 346
Central location, lots of food and shields, but needs a bit of development. Would anyone consider settling on either grape? Usually no, but there is plenty of food, and agricultural on the river will get 3fpt in the city anyway. Hmm, a 2/3/3-2/4/4 tile is too powerful to settle on, so not the mountain grape wines. And no, we don't want to be on the grass wines either. We have plenty of hills and mountains to use the extra food on. If the forest we're on has a BG under it, c'est la vie.

Pottery? Pfft. With no-bad-stuff goody huts and fast fighting scouts I think that can be quickly overcome, and I don't really see spending time on a granary in the early game with agriculture and all the rivers. I'm thinking set research to 0% on the cheapest tech and rush all hills and mountains with the Chasiqui scouts to nab huts and find neighbors.

Hmm, I'm wondering if I should just irrigate and road the grass grape first, then irrigate the FPs. With 4 forests and the 2/1/2 unimproved grape hill I have versatility on food vs. shields in the early game.

Edit: Hmm, if I reread the description it sounds like at least a couple of opponents may also be Inca tribes and therefore might also have the same UU? I might not have a monopoly on near-mountain goody huts.

Edit 2: And at Emperor the AI starts with military. Might they get a Chasiqui scout to start with?

No, The Four United Lands was just the name the real-life Inca used for their country or empire, which they acquired through assimilation and conquest. The word "Inca" referred originally to the ruling class only.

There are no other Inca tribes in the game, just standard Emperor AI. I'm not an accomplished modder.

Sorry about that. I have sent AlanH the save. I suppose he's wating for COTM109 to finish on the 18th or he has forgotten. The prolonged period for COMT109 never made it into the overall plan that mad-bax made before disappearing. At some point we'll have to have two COTMs running at the same time or one COTM with a shorter time limit, unless we adapt the plan and delay everything.

If you want, I'll post the save here tomorrow. Feel free to post comments for or against!

Hey! Thanks for the efforts, even with it being a bit disorganized as of late. Just started doing the monthly games and enjoy them! Got my first 10 turns in tonight, looks cool!

:thanx:

Looks like Mucho Science Victory to me. Fast expansion = plenty Luxuries = high Population quickly bc of Agri. Industrious workers to start sounds like like a Republic slingshot is in order esp. with what I've heard about the goody huts. Even on emperor I would expect to be ahead in tech in the middle ages already.

Not that I don't love Domination but so many cities would make my head explode, esp. on Standard when usually I play small. :crazyeye:

@NoAnswer: You're not supposed to read the spoilers before you're further in your own game. Please read the initial post in each spoiler!

@Manasseh: It is also not allowed to post in this thread once you have opened the save. Please use a spoiler thread for such posts, again complying to the rules.

I see. The deadline is in two weeks! Isn't it time for the next thread? xD

it's such an exciting game! I'm over 100 turns in!

NVM sorry I can't play this-! I spent over 20 hours on the first 133 turns,
My estimations say I will need between 120-130 more turns to win a science victory. Even with the late Middle Ages uneventful peace period I foresee, this will still take me over 50 more hours because of the increase of cities beyond 20 and the late game micromanagement. :( Don'thave those hours! This is why I play Small and Tiny maps lol.

I hope you guys enjoy it's really quite a good one! :) Space victory turn 250 go for it!

Maybe you should try to do less micro management, especially in the late phases of the game, where it pays off less. Being able to compare games and write and read spoilers is also quite interesting. That's why we have GOTM. So let go! Press Enter!

Più Freddo;13633843 said:
Being able to compare games and write and read spoilers is also quite interesting.
And where are the spoilers?

I have now created two spoilers each for the two current games. I have asked AlanH to make them sticky, which should happen any time soon.

However, since this competition is now sort of community volunteering based after all offcial game creators silently disappeared, it is perfectly acceptable for anyone to create a missing thread. The normal pattern is to have a first spoiler thread three days after game release and a final spoiler after a week. I will then ask AlanH to make them sticky.

Top Bottom