News: WOTM30 Results and Congratulations

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Please join me in congratulating the winners! :cheers:

We had a lot of players head for Space this game, but the top spots were taken by Domination or Conquest wins.

Congratulations to lymond for his first fastest finish award for a 1700AD diplo win. :hatsoff:

Reading the spoiler threads, seems Dhoomstriker launched himself into space while meandering to the Cow as well. :thumbsup:
Meanwhile, kcd_swede changed course from diplo to win a cultural victory while Jove finished in his fastest Cultural victory time. :goodjob:

Condolences to babybluepants whose computer gave out as he was getting ready to conquer the world. :cringe:

And, lastly, to Conquistador 63 who, apparently, got to meet me in his game in my other identity as a Great Merchant. :lol:

Thanks for the great spoiler write-ups. I enjoyed reading them all. :clap:

Summary of Medal Winners:

hhhawk: 1454 AD Domination Victory, 300,599 points.

Cactus Pete: 1412 AD Domination Victory, 261,400 points.

Lexad: 1604 AD Conquest Victory, 203,138 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Conquistador 63: 1718 AD Spaceship Victory, 84,170 points.

Dhoomstriker: 1832 AD Spaceship Victory, 80,646 points.

Jove: 1637 AD Cultural Victory, 47,888 points.

lymond: 1700 AD Diplomatic Victory, 42,422 points.

Other Award Winners:

Fluroscent: 1752 AD Conquest Victory, 105,877 points.

UB40: 1903 AD Domination Victory, 28,426 points.

Steelhorse: 1845 AD Spaceship Victory, 24,465 points.

Grifftavian: 1836 AD Diplomatic Victory, 21,082 points.

kcd_swede: 1784 AD Cultural Victory, 18,389 points.

Ronnie1: 1849 AD Spaceship Loss, 6,366 points.

donsig: 1798 AD Conquest Loss, 1,027 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

I think we should have a special award for 2nd fastest space, because I would have a pile of them by now :)

Congrats to all who submitted, especially the losses.

Lucky me, guys went for Domi and I got an award :) Eat that, you barbs!
Congrats to hhhawk with excellent game, thanx to Leif and guys for interesting setting.

Ha! My first WOTM award ever! Kind of fitting that it is a Sheild, as defeat was marginally avoided by employing the astoundingly successful tactic of the Human Sheild.

BTW, I was going for UN diplo victory when I switched to culture, not spaceship.

Interestingly, all of the sheild awards seem to have gone to what look like rather good games, where folks were going for speed rather than score.

Congrats to all the winners, and my appreciation to everyone who participated.

Thanks Leif for a very interesting set-up. Next time you give us a floodplain paradise, I think I'll have a better strategy to take advantage of it. Unless I forget again. :lol:

Ha! My first WOTM award ever! Kind of fitting that it is a Sheild, as defeat was marginally avoided by employing the astoundingly successful tactic of the Human Sheild.
Was so interested in your Worker shield strategy that I :confused: the victory condition... ;)

Thanks Leif for a very interesting set-up. Next time you give us a floodplain paradise, I think I'll have a better strategy to take advantage of it. Unless I forget again. :lol:
You're welcome.

I'll be sure to wait some time before providing so many flood plains again then? :hide:

I have heard that as one ages, memory is the second thing to go? :mischief:

..and the first is what? The hair? :lol:

(And now I'm wondering how far down the list of "things that go" I've gotten. :eek: )

Great job with the setup and the hasty results, Leif! :goodjob:

Impressive results all around, fair share of wins on a high difficulty level game.

Now we anxiously await for WOTM31...although winning on Immortal on a WOTM is something I wasn't capable of doing yet. :sad:

p.s. Neilmeister, sorry about taking your award. I see Churchill has caused more damage in your game than in mine.

kcd - "I forget the first"

leif - nice map
give the AIs neighbors to worry about; we can develop in peace once we take care of the barbs

Alright!!! I finally won something!!!

Thanks for a great game.

p.s. Neilmeister, sorry about taking your award. I see Churchill has caused more damage in your game than in mine.

Thanks, but you thoroughly deserved it. Your date was quite a lot better than mine. Churchill was a pain, but I don't think he affected my date more than a turn or two.

Congrats to all participants! Some impressive victories!!

Thanks for the interesting map Leif :goodjob: I see only six of us settled in the Flood Plain Paradise :mischief: A very enjoyable game!

Yay! I have been trying to win a cultural award for months. This makes me happy.

Thanks to all the posters who have written cultural spoilers over the years (you know who you are ;)).

Yay! I have been trying to win a cultural award for months. This makes me happy.
Congratulations Jove! :goodjob:

Nice to see you achieve your goal. :woohoo:

Top Bottom