Next War mod civ 4 problem

chapmac

Chieftain
All of my command/icon screen buttons are missing in my civ 4 beyond the sword Next War mod? I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it several times and it does not fix the problem. Ive had this game forever, and have played it hundreds of times, when I downloaded the mod Fall From Heaven II is when this problem began. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You should direct your questions to one of the threads for the mod you mentioned. You're more likely to find help there. Click on the caution symbol beside your post and ask for the mods to move it.
EDIT: Welcome to the Forum! [party] :band: [party] :band: [party]

All of my command/icon screen buttons are missing in my civ 4 beyond the sword Next War mod? I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it several times and it does not fix the problem. Ive had this game forever, and have played it hundreds of times, when I downloaded the mod Fall From Heaven II is when this problem began. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Don't Panic! :) This is a very common problem when switching between mods. It's happened to me more than once.

What often works is: deleting the contents of your 'CustomAssets' folder, and restarting the game. The (abbreviated) path to this folder for me is: My Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\CustomAssets. I advise (by way of covering my proverbial) you to make a copy of your CustomAssets folder before deleting the contents. I have never needed this step, but it seems to me a standard precaution.

This works (sometimes), but you don't have to take my word for it. I got this from the Tech Support subforum, where this problem and this solution crop up repeatedly. And if this doesn't work, you will need more in-depth support from there. ;)

Good Luck.

Or edit the next war.ini file and tell it to ignore your custom assets folder.

Since the OP's question has been answered, I'd like to ask a question related to the Next War mod: is it possible to disable the "Too many nukes have been launched, the Earth has exploded, everybody lost, game over" feature? I like the mod but I sure hate this feature.

If you play it as a mod instead of the scenario it doesn't happen (but you don't get just the special leaders unless you specifically pick them in a custom game, and such). You can also disable it for the scenario via editing the Python for the mod.

The quickest method, involving the least fiddling around and fewest chances of messing something up, would be to edit the mod's CvEventManager.py file (open it with notepad, or some similar program) and up near the start find the part that looks like this:
Code:
g_iNumNukesWarningMessage = 7
g_iNumNukesGameOver = 20
If you change both those numbers to something big, like 9999, it will probably stop happening. (If 9999 nukes are used, you deserve to have the planet wiped out.)

Hi God-Emperor, I tried your method to increase the number of nukes allowed, but when I try to exit the file, I am prompted to save the file, but when I do, it tells me access is denied. Do you know what I can do to bypass this, or is their another subforum I should go to?

You could give "Read and write rights" to the file ^^

Should be under right klick + properties somewhere if you use Windows.

That's what you get for installing Civ4 under Program Files instead of a separate folder.

Top Bottom