NiGHTS: Bug Reports

When you convert a puppet/other civ's city into your religion, the religion symbol doesn't show on the name bar of the city.

The production of a unit & building/purchase of a unit & building/buy tile button stops being clickable when the map zooms out when you discover more area - never happened on early era game. Sometimes this just happens even if the map zooms out.

The game is played under windowed settings and Gods and Kings Expansion Version of the mod.

I'm new to Civilization Nights. I started a fresh game from the recent version a few days ago and have been enjoying it immensely, much more than vanilla. Thank you for creating it. It's an excellent mod.

I've found some things that you might not be aware of.

Bugs:
  • Constabulary claims that Police Station is a pre-requisite. It is not.
  • It is not possible to convert salt mines to manufactories.
  • When a manufactory is built on gems, copper, and gold (and possibly others), and a worker or indentured servant is selected, a white mine icon appears over the resource tile, suggesting that a mine should be built there, even though a superior improvement exists.
  • In the City State interface, when you select Give Gift and then offer to improve a resource, you can improve a Mine to a Manufactory, and a Manufactory to a Mine. It's an infinite loop of "improvement."
  • Policies: Commerce, last policy on the right: says "Requires Ecology," but doesn't.
  • Caravel has no upgrade path.
  • Hydro Plant claims to give +3 production in each river tile but gives none.

Design suggestions:
  • If it's possible to make policy/wonder modifiers to building bonuses appear on the building's tooltips, that would be ideal. It's very hard to keep track of which social policies and which wonders apply to which buildings. Does building these Walls really increase my production by 2?
  • It's currently possible not to select a government in the government selection screen. Is this intended?
  • Workshops and docks are mutually exclusive. But they're a false choice. Workshops are a pre-req for both Ironworks (workshop in every city!) and Factory. I don't see much reason to choose docks. Recommend either removing docks or making them qualify as a workshop in terms of pre-requisites.
  • Odeon mentions +15 Culture after adopting Educated Elite. Is this a one-time bonus? Per turn? What is "Educated Elite?" Is it a policy? I saw no names for policies.
  • Policies: Order: 4th from the top on the right: "Banks increase a city's gold output by 15%" - they already do by 40%. It's not obvious from the tooltip that this changes the 40% value to 55%, and I didn't find out until I built a bank and chose the policy.
  • Policies should have names so that you can refer to them in tooltips, so that players can discuss them on fora, and so that players can report bugs about them ;-)
  • Government wonders should be displayed on the government selection screen. I had no idea which wonder was associated with which government, or even that each government had its own wonder, until I lost out on building one and then dug through the forum and then through the tech tree and made my own list. This information should be presented up front to the player.

okay, what the hell?!

200 turns in a deity game versus 7 military civs, and I've never been at least denounced by any of them, I've had Askia and Augustus coveting my lands since the moment we first met, and still no aggression at all. My army force is non-existent - any city state on the map has more units than I do, and it's deity for gods' sake - I'm in the bottom of score board. why no one bothers me?

okay, what the hell?!

200 turns in a deity game versus 7 military civs, and I've never been at least denounced by any of them, I've had Askia and Augustus coveting my lands since the moment we first met, and still no aggression at all. My army force is non-existent - any city state on the map has more units than I do, and it's deity for gods' sake - I'm in the bottom of score board. why no one bothers me?

Make allies of friends of a few City States. They go bonkers over city states.

Make allies of friends of a few City States. They go bonkers over city states.
making them angry is not the point, they are OBLIGED to attack me because of both the difficulty, and the huge gap in sheer military power

so far I was able to expand safely, and the worst our relations gone was 'neutral' - the condition when I still was able to trade them off luxuries for 600 gold.

Seriously, the aggro meter for AI is just wrong.

they are OBLIGED to attack me because of both the difficulty, and the huge gap in sheer military power

Why? It sounds like you've already lost. No military, no support from city-states. If you do start to pull ahead tech-wise, then you'll start to earn favor with city-states whether you try to or not, and that'll anger your neighbors. Eventually you'll get your invasion, and I suspect you'll learn that you lost the game early on.

It's also worth noting that the difference in military power required to conquer may be more than you suspect. In this mod it's much, much more difficult to capture a city than in vanilla. Any city with two or more fortifications requires multiple siege weapons to crack if it's being defended intelligently (even without units), and cities with four or more fortifications are truly difficult and require significant sacrifices. I watched Babylon attack Wittenburg - they took the city-state, but lost several knights, a catapult and a longswordsman. Wittenburg wasn't particularly heavily fortified - they had a defense rating of 36, if I remember right.

All of this is by way of saying that a significant difference in military power might not mean that one power is able to conquer another. I'm not an experienced player of the mod, but maybe some others can let us know if I'm correct. Also, you might get more comments by discussing this outside of the bug thread.

It looks like the Social Policy Reconnaissance (under Honor) is set to give culture for:
<CultureFromBarbarianKills>100</CultureFromBarbarianKills>
<CultureFromKills>100</CultureFromKills>

The result:
1x culture for killing AI units.
2x culture for killing barbarian units.

It would seem <CultureFromKills> includes Barbarian kills.

----
ps I both tested and went into the xml, so not just confused again.

For G&K version,

Granary still show as +1 Food even with the topmost Tradition Social Policy. The increase does show on the city screen info but not on the building itself

Social Policy Hegemony (Commerce Tree)

I am not noticing any difference in production of buildings after activating it. Even running through turns, it still takes the same number of turns to build something (so it does not seem to be a display issue).

---[EDIT]----
For some reason, I thought it said +15% for all Ancient and Classical buildings and wonders...nope. Its only for Classical buildings and wonders.

Its kind of annoying not to be able to use a policy right away...but I suppose most players don't slow research as much as I do.

, just noticed: no g&k ranged units upgrade path (i.e. gatling and machine gunners)

Hi,

I just started a game of Nights for the first time, and I'm really enjoying the mod. I keep noticing this bug: After several turns 50-60, when I go to choose production I can click on items but nothing happens. The game essentially won't let me move forward or end my turn, since I can't choose what to produce.

I can save and reload the game to get beyond this bug, but was wondering what might be causing it? I'm not playing with any other mods enabled.

Thanks,

sweden's & ethiopia's traits are inversed:

Sweden

<Traits>
<Update>
<Where Type="TRAIT_DIPLOMACY_GREAT_PEOPLE"/>
<Set LandBarbarianConversionPercent="100"/>
</Update>
<Update>
<Where Type="TRAIT_DIPLOMACY_GREAT_PEOPLE"/>
<Set CombatBonusVsLargerCiv="30"/>
</Update>
</Traits>

<Language_en_US>
<Update>
<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_TRAIT_DIPLOMACY_GREAT_PEOPLE"/>
<Set Text="Gain double influence when gifting great people to city-states, and when declaring friendship, Sweden and their friend gain a +25% boost towards generating Great People."/>
</Update>
</Language_en_US>

---------------------------------------------------------

Ethiopia

<Traits>
<Update>
<Where Type="TRAIT_BONUS_AGAINST_TECH"/>
<Set LandBarbarianConversionPercent="100"/>
</Update>
<Update>
<Where Type="TRAIT_BONUS_AGAINST_TECH"/>
<Set DOFGreatPersonModifier="25"/>
</Update>
</Traits>

<Language_en_US>
<Update>
<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_TRAIT_BONUS_AGAINST_TECH"/>
<Set Text="Receive a +30% combat bonus when fighting military units from civilizations with more cities than Ethiopia."/>
</Update>
</Language_en_US>

I have a problem with the AI.

I'm playing in the Prince difficulty, in Marathon, with 24 civs included me, in a Huge map and everything was going nice until I notice something...

I already on turn 279 when I realize that the AI wasnt expanding at all! Most of then still have only one town and most of the ones who have more are the ones who conquered a city-state. What is going on!? Is very frustrating to play trough 279 to realize that I cant continue.

I noticed that most of the AI had huge armies and poor production. It's like the AI is only producing military units and no buildings or settlers.

This is a know bug? It have a solution?

Im playing with Yet (not) another map packs, the revolutions and Reseed! mods, and Im starting with -12 Happiness, I dont know if this is a bug or intended but how do I change it? Im in turn 70 and 4 civs have already lost their capitals and most of their cities to rebels.

So...just re-installed civ 5 on a new computer. Put NiGHTS on it. Game bugs out every time and crashes once I click "create game". Or whatever the verbage is after you decide difficulty, map type, etc. I installed and verified data as instructed...thoughts?

Im playing with Yet (not) another map packs, the revolutions and Reseed! mods, and Im starting with -12 Happiness, I dont know if this is a bug or intended but how do I change it? Im in turn 70 and 4 civs have already lost their capitals and most of their cities to rebels.

Make sure to clear your cache and moduserdata folders, and disable any other active mods (aside from infoaddict) - this should solve the problem.

So...just re-installed civ 5 on a new computer. Put NiGHTS on it. Game bugs out every time and crashes once I click "create game". Or whatever the verbage is after you decide difficulty, map type, etc. I installed and verified data as instructed...thoughts?

This will happen if you attempt to play the vanilla version on G+K's and vice versa - make sure you've downloaded the proper version based on whether you have vanilla or G+K's, and then clear the contents of your cache and moduserdata folders. Also make sure you only ever have 1 copy (either the G+K's or vanilla version of Nights installed) - as having both installed at the same time will also cause bugs.

Top Bottom