NiGHTS: Bug Reports

This is my first time using a mod for Civ so I'm sorry but you could lehmens terms vanilla G+K for me etc?

I basically just re-downloaded civ in steam after reading about this mod, installed it via the install forum, and tried to play. Sorry for noobiness.

This is my first time using a mod for Civ so I'm sorry but you could lehmens terms vanilla G+K for me etc?

I basically just re-downloaded civ in steam after reading about this mod, installed it via the install forum, and tried to play. Sorry for noobiness.

Vanilla just means the base game without G+K's (Gods and Kings expansion).

I simply can't get this to work...
The tech-tree is messed up showing something like txt_archery_something instead of the names of the techs, and in the city building screen no buildings are available to build.

Would love to try this mod.

I'm having a similar issue. At first the mod wouldn't detect on the mods screen, so I re-installed steam and downloaded it again. Now I can load the mod, but I get the tech tree tags rather than the descriptions, and cannot research or produce anything.

I've cleared the cache and ModUserData folders, restarted the game and my computer... Is there a simple fix for this issue? My game version is fully up to date, 1.0.1.674

I simply can't get this to work...
The tech-tree is messed up showing something like txt_archery_something instead of the names of the techs, and in the city building screen no buildings are available to build.

Would love to try this mod.

I'm having a similar issue. At first the mod wouldn't detect on the mods screen, so I re-installed steam and downloaded it again. Now I can load the mod, but I get the tech tree tags rather than the descriptions, and cannot research or produce anything.

I've cleared the cache and ModUserData folders, restarted the game and my computer... Is there a simple fix for this issue? My game version is fully up to date, 1.0.1.674

Do either of you have any mother mods installed? Manually check your MODS folder and delete everything in there except for Nights - in combination with the cache/moduserdata deletions, the tech tree should display properly.

Cleaned the MODS folder, checked that ModUserData and Cache were still empty. Nonetheless, when I fired up the mod with a new game, I couldn't select any production in my city and the Tech Tree was still not displaying correctly.

Cleaned the MODS folder, checked that ModUserData and Cache were still empty. Nonetheless, when I fired up the mod with a new game, I couldn't select any production in my city and the Tech Tree was still not displaying correctly.

Ahh - not exactly up to date on CIV V's patch history, (so installation instructions would be out of date in this respect) but the recent fall patch is 10.0.2.13 - and there's been at least 1 hotfix patch since then - so you're quite a few patches behind. Steam should update your copy of Civ automatically which will solve the tech tree problem

Hmm, that's odd. I thought steam updated to the latest version, I'll have to double check that, possibly repair my steam install.

still getting a CTD after 150-250 turns on huge highplayercount games. How do i get inside the innards of the game to copypaste the lines prior to the crash (cause maybe that will help diagnose what the problem actually is...?)

The tech tree is a little messed up in the GK version of the mod. I cannot scroll down the tech tree.

Just started using the G&K version (via Steam). Cleaned out the directories and all that (in fact, had to delete and reinstall from scratch) and have a couple of issues already:

Three games running, and Sacred Waters doesn't provide any additional happiness. Goddess of Love also fails to provide happiness. Religion-based happiness appears to work, but pantheon-based do not. I will further try as Byzantium and see if either Pantheon-based, when taken as the additional religious mod, cause increases. although I suspect not.

Locked up on Production - one game two three games now, it stopped letting me chose new production when I completed the last thing in queue (Obelisk, I think). Could not alter queue or add things in other cities at that point either. This seems to happen when I hit a 3rd city...

Even more info: if I verify files, it tells me 2 files need updating. After I do that, it crashes on launch (but verify says everything is OK). If I blow away everything, and reinstall, then I can play (but have the above errors), and if I verify... it tells me 2 files need updating. If I manually delete all the files (just in case Steam wasn't cleaning up fully) ... I got the message about two files needing updating... and *didn't* crash after that. Still have both the pantheon-happiness and production-lock issues though. :(

And post-production lock... I am back to 2 files needing an update, so it looks like something is getting overwritten during the game. And after they update, back to crashing on load. *sigh*

After a reinstall, I can load the saved (production locked) game, and it will continue.

Also, when I cannot select something to produce, I cannot alter city production focus, or citizen placement, or purchase... the <back> seems the only viable button in the city screen...

----------------------------------------------
Ok, the whole file integrity thing... seems to have been some Steam/Java interaction. Java patch applied, and the file corruption no longer happens. We'll see if production lock still does. Sacred Waters definitely still not working.

Also, regarless of game speed, ruins seem to give less than 10 honor (not sure if it is always 5, or what.. will start keeping a record)

Happens only when running negative happiness. Now have almost 20 test cases down, and fairly repeatable. At least I can save, exit Civ, and resume.

new -> Had one case where I was running 63 happiness and it locked on Wonder built by other civ (and my city that was building it was the troublemaker)

Trying to see what is making it not 100% repeatable.

Checking: (yes, doing crazy QA :crazyeye:)

- in/out of golden age
- with/without religion
- with/without pantheon
- at war/at peace

Any other suggestions on factors to check?

Is this a known bug (searching failed me, as did skimming this thread)

there is some bug with bombardment. with ingame editor and can force peace between the civ that it fails, or in my own case when i get a CTD right upon selection of city bombardment, i can reload last turn and not bombard and things can progress, but its very annoying. happens at best guess in one out of ten bombardments, given the frequency of it and how it usually occurs within a turn or two of a new declaration of war between two civs.

Hello,

I seem to be having an issue with the technology tree. I've noticed that when I compare my game to the screenshot provided, the technology trees are slightly different. Some of the technologies are missing and the branches don't match up. I'm running with the G&K expansion and I've made sure that I have the correct version of the mod. I've also tried deleting everything (both from the MODS folder and unsubscribing), clearing out cache and ModUserData, verifying the integrity through steam and then running vanilla to make sure that mod is functioning. The technology tree that I'm getting is most definitely different from vanilla's and the policy menu changes so the mod is working.

I've made sure that I've followed all of the download and installation instruction to the letter (clearing out/deleting the relevant folders and verifying integrity) and I've tried both the Steam in game mod browser and downloading it manually from this site and I've gotten the same result both times. I've completely uninstalled Civ V and the expansion (using a registry cleaner to make sure that I've completely removed all the files) and reinstalled but I still get the same result. I've made sure to run the game using only this mod and as far as I can tell, all the other changes seem to work fine for me. I have steam set to keep the game updated and it says that the version that I'm running is 1.0.2.44.

I'm not sure what the issue is or if it is supposed to be that way and the screenshot provided on the mod download pages is just wrong/out of date. I've played a few test games with the mod to see if any other problems arise and it seems that other than the technology tree, everything seems to be functioning fine. If anyone could help, that would be very appreciated. I can also provide screenshots of what the technology tree in my game looks like for reference if necessary.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Hey, Guys.

I have one problem with this mod. Tried to find it here but couldn't.
I can't load save games. I tried to load autosave - anyway I see loading screen and nothing happened. I've tried to start new game - the same thing with load. Tried to reinstall mod - nothing changed. May someone know the solution? I like this mod and want to play it...

I have experienced a couple of "build queue" issues, where after completion of a construction it was impossible to select what to build next in a city. Until recently I had no clear idea why this happens, and a reload cured the problem (as was suggested in these forums). Although I can confirm that I am in the process of razing/annexing foreign cities but can*t really pinpoint the exact cause on this.

Today I noticed a link to the buying of city tiles function, as the both functions fail simultaneously in my current game. A reload still fixes the problem, however the buying of city tiles seems to "crash" the game in a reproducible way: I can sometimes purchase one tile, but after that the button is grayed out and also the build queue "freezes" and cannot be changed (any kind of construction unit: building, wonder cannot be selected).

Civ 5: 1.01.705
NiGHTS v12.0

Update: I went back and forth with this and it turned out that once I had viewed any puppet city (where obviously no changes to build queue can be made or tiles be bought) and would then view any of my own cities in the same or even subsequent turns, the actions were not allowed there either. If I take the exact same savegame and go directly to view my own city, both the tile purchasing and build queue work as they should. I hope this helps in narrowing down the problem and eventually to solve to it.

I had the same problem, as soon as I didn't view a puppet state I didn't have any more problems with not being able to select production, buy tiles, assign citizens, etc.

When I play in windowed mode, I can't see part of the social policy screen, is there a way to scroll left and right?

Not sure if this has been covered... I downloaded the latest version off Steam. When you get a goody hut with 10 culture points, it never gets added to your current culture score. Gold and Religous points do but not culture.

Also have the Tech=tree scrolling issue, plus will not play nice with the Ancient Med. Civs mod. Too bad, I perfer it to the standard G&K Civ 5 from fraxis

Top Bottom