Nikis-Knight's Erebus for ExtraModMod

[to_xp]Gekko

QCT junkie
Just a few fixes and tweaks to the original ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=247328 ) to support EMM better:

1) Removed vision of some areas from Svart, Sidar and Elohim ( leftovers from an older version of the map )

2) changed nightmare and toads near the Broken Sepulcher to horse and sheep ( otherwise the nightmares turn to cows after the first turn )

3) removed Brigit and the goblin archers so they don't get doubled on game start.

4) changed starting civics to EMM ones for Kurio, Elohim and Sidar

5) changed the penguins near Illians to resources instead of improvements so they show up correctly on the map

6) preplaced capitols so they don't get founded in unintended spots.

7) changed the tower southeast of Balseraphs to The Palus, guarded by an iron golem

8) changed the dungeon west of Sheaim to Bair of Lacuna, guarded by a mobius witch

9) added Tarch's Tower near the Illians

10) enabled diplomatic victory, puppet states and advanced tactics

Attachments

• KE huge ICE.rar
    41.6 KB · Views: 412
  • KE huge ICE postfinal.rar
    41.5 KB · Views: 451
added a tweaked version that moves the useless peninsula west of the hippus south so it connects the island to the mainland. adds a bit more room to a cramped area.

moar changes to the postfinal version:

1) Hippus gain plains hill start ( helps them pump out some early warriors so they don't get eaten by the Khazad very early )

2) Luchuirp lose plains hill start ( not needed anymore with cheaper mud golems ) , changed their leader to Beeri to compensate a bit with Industrious trait.

3) Balseraphs moved east near the cliffs of Hastur so they no longer share their natural first expansion spot with the luchuirp. made a few minor changes to accomodate this:

a) moved the oasis from the tiny useless desert island to where the incense was, so they don't found their 2nd city right on the incense in a terrible spot.
b) moved the incense to where the barrow was, removed the floodplain.
c) moved the barrow to where the goblin fort was, otherwise Orthus spawns just next to their 2nd city.
d) moved the goblin fort to where their capital used to be
e) changed the Cliffs of Hastur tile to a peak so they don't settle a completely useless city on it.
f) switched the copper and horses with the 2 cows from their former starting spot. they still start with 2 cows, marble and gold.

4) disabled Aggressive AI since there's tons of land and it can lead the AI to crash its economy in MNAI.

5) moved the Palus east to a more lore appropriate remote swampy spot.

6) removed Sailor's Dirge so it doesn't destroy the hippus' fishing boats straight away and it can spawn via event with its intended skeleton crew instead.

That corner of the map is much improved now, the 3 civs are balanced vs each other and have room for a few more cities before they go to war. I STRONGLY recommend you change Loki's AIweight to -200 in Assets/XML/Units/Civ4UnitInfos.xml unless you want him to steal all of the luchuirp and hippus cities :D

moar changes to the postfinal version:

1) restored resources in Balseraph lands to their original spots, instead I just shifted a couple tiles 1E to make sure the AI doesn't found terribad cities but the layout remains almost identical.

2) added some missing floodplains to riverside desert tiles

3) changed the goblin forts near the balseraph and elohim to forts. this ensures orthus spawns on the mainland near the clan. the forts are still guarded by a weak goblin archer.

4) changed doviello leader to mahala ( so the amurite/illian have a fighting chance ) and calabim to flauros ( to keep male/female ratio and have no aggressive leaders )

5) illians get plains hills start ( warriors vs doviello rush ) , svartalfar get plains hills start ( warriors to avoid dogpile by malakim and ljosalfar ) , bannor get plains hills start ( warriors vs orthus ) , calabim lose plains hills start ( to keep em balanced with flauros )

I've tried your postfinal version a couple times now, and had quite a bit of fun. I plan on trying it a third time tonight (maybe I'll actually win this time). I did adjust Loki's weight to -200. The AI seem quite aggressive without that setting turned on.

First time played Kuriotates on Deity. Didn't do too bad at first. Was able to kill Cassiel's onslaught, then Jonas took one of his cities. I should not have declared war on Jonas for the city, as Cassiel had a large army coming for revenge. Plus, Tebryn attacked me from the south. On to the 2nd game.

Played Tebryn after that (emperor). Was doing good until Mahala sent an army all the way down to me, through Cassiel's territory. That game Mahala was dominating (Order religion). Killed Illians early on, and then swarmed Amurites, etc. His Raiding trait was very powerful. Cassiel wiped out Kuriotates early on as well. Noticed Bannor with Basium didn't declare war on AV civs.

Some other things concern me:

Brigit died from Lanun's world spell.

Still no puppet states that I could tell.

Mahala is a chick :D

Puppet States are enabled, but maybe the AI didn't see fit to create any. Or do you mean that you didn't have the option to create them?

About the Lanun Worldspell, I guess Brigit could get cold resistance to prevent that, nice find :)

Damn, I forgot this existed, I'm sorry... my lack of memory is the reason for me making notes for nearly everything in my tracker but in this case I even forgot to do that :(

If you don't mind, I would like to include your version of this map in the next release of ExtraModMod. I would just tweak it to use the new default values for technology game options.

sounds good to me :D

I'd recommend you use the regular version, with a couple tweaks:

1) disable Aggressive AI

2) remove the Sailor's Dirge so it can spawn on its own via event with its intended crew of skellies

edit it with notepad++, not ingame, otherwise you will end up with duplicated lair guardians

Why shouldn't I use the post final version? The changes you made seem to improve balance and to make the game more fun.

I agree, but at the end of the day it's Nikis-Knight's map and unfortunately he's not here to "endorse" my changes. I guess you can just include both and let people decide which version they like better :)

At this point the player base for FFH2 is small enough (and we all know each other) I think it's just simpler to keep everything bundled.

Actually what would be nice is if we could gather all of the community maps that still work with the most recent versions of MNAI/EMM and just bundle them with each release. Tracking down working custom maps is a royal pain in the ass.

Actually what would be nice is if we could gather all of the community maps that still work with the most recent versions of MNAI/EMM and just bundle them with each release. Tracking down working custom maps is a royal pain in the ass.

Let me know which ones I'm missing and I'll be happy to include them, as long as they are adapted for EMM.

[to_xp]Gekko;13777614 said:
I agree, but at the end of the day it's Nikis-Knight's map and unfortunately he's not here to "endorse" my changes. I guess you can just include both and let people decide which version they like better :)

I decided to give this some thought, but I have not reached a conclusion yet. I do see your point, but I prefer the modified version and including both versions seems like too much...

Does anyone anticipate any problems with using this map (the postfinal version specifically) with the latest version of extramodmod?

I didn't encounter any problems loading it up, except that a few resources seem absent from the map (stone and amber, though I imagine both of those being missing won't really cause any problems). However, I'm wondering if there were any features added in later versions of extramodmod that wouldn't work or would cause problems.

It isn't included in ExtraModMod as far as I can tell. I expected it would be based on above posts, so I checked the maps included carefully, but I didn't find it so I ended up having to download it separately here (the only erebus scenario map included seems to be Ozzy's). Mainly I just wondered whether there was anything added in extramodmod's later versions other than a few resources like stone and amber that would be missing from the map. I haven't followed extramodmod's development, so I wasn't sure how much had changed over the last couple of years, and I'm not too clear on how map compatibility works. I'll report back if I notice anything, but I test ran a couple dozen turns and it looks ok so far. Maybe I'll manually add the missing resources in the worldbuilder.

Thanks so much for converting this map. I really love it--actually, the reason I selected extramodmod for this playthrough is specifically because of how much I enjoy Nikis Knight's map (I usually play Ashes of Erebus, but this map isn't available for it). I really appreciate your work in making it available for extramodmod.

Last edited:
Top Bottom