Nitpicky Things You'd Like Fixed

The Kremlin is:
"The Law is a fortress on a hill that armies cannot take or floods wash away." –The Prophet Muhammed

The Alhambra is:
"Justice is an unassailable fortress, built on the brow of a mountain which cannot be overthrown by the violence of torrents, nor demolished by the force of armies." –Joseph Addison

Not phrased exactly the same way, but clearly derived from the same source.

And, according to Wikiquote neither of them said it.

The Kremlin is:

The Alhambra is:

Not phrased exactly the same way, but clearly derived from the same source.

And, according to Wikiquote neither of them said it.

Heh interesting - that is kind of an annoying thing then :)
There's so many good and profound sayings that could work.
And the more annoying part for me... the Kremlin is Russian. Addison is not Russian. :crazyeye:

Seriously.

“A battle is won by him who is firmly resolved to win it.” —Tolstoy

That wasn't so hard!

not having great people change grapich to cars in industrial era.
it bugs me alot to see a great general in a car when i havent even invented railroads

I noticed today that the intro for William of Orange calling the Netherlands "your kingdom", while at his time it wasn't a kingdom, but a republic with him being the appointed military leader "stadhouder".:king:

I noticed today that the intro for William of Orange calling the Netherlands "your kingdom", while at his time it wasn't a kingdom, but a republic with him being the appointed military leader "stadhouder".
To fix all that's wrong with those silly intros would require rewriting them from scratch... and severely beating the person or persons who wrote them in the first place.

I noticed today that the intro for William of Orange calling the Netherlands "your kingdom", while at his time it wasn't a kingdom, but a republic with him being the appointed military leader "stadhouder".:king:

The Netherlands weren't even a Republic yet under William of Orange, just a loosely organized revolt. They only officially became a Republic 4 years after his death. And that only happened because they couldn't get the French or the English to accept the crown.

I would like to see the "automate improvements around this city" button brought back to the worker, so I can tell it stay over here, but not have to explicitly direct it from tile to tile.

I would like to see the "automate improvements around this city" button brought back to the worker, so I can tell it stay over here, but not have to explicitly direct it from tile to tile.

Yes, I do miss being able to assign a worker to a city.

I agree, and I think this is something the AI needs to be taught to do, because right now it has a tendency to send all its workers after whatever newest thing it thinks needs to be built, and sometimes neglects to develop older territory (like sometimes the friggin' capital).

Let the unit automatically exploring the map even though there isn't any unexplored area..

Stop the A.I. switching up peace deals on the screen and saying "Looks good to me." It can swap whatever you put there for the city(ies) it already decided it was going to swap, and a change of equal number of cities of about equally long names is really misleading. It's the only time "Looks good to me" involves something other agreeing to what you put without modification.

Has the in-game mini-map been mentioned yet? I find it really annoying how it doesn't auto-focus as you reveal more of the map. I often have to reload the game to prevent continents being split in half on the display, center the map, etc.

Something that came to mind today - A selection option for random choices. I like doing Random Civ, but there are some Civs I'm just not in the mood to get and I'm gonna reroll if they pop up anyway, so I'd like to eliminate them from the random chance.

Also, an option so that Random Map will show you what map you've gotten.

Not exactly something to be fixed, but I wish there was a way to be alerted when certain luxuries/resources become available to trade.

For example, a lot of times, I need some luxury to proc a "we love the king day" or complete a CS quest. I know one of the civs have multiples of them but he has traded them all away. Within the next 30 turns I will have just 1 chance to make the deal. So I have to keep checking and rechecking the diplo menu for that single moment when the deal ends just before he trades it back out.

Destroy the "Your units are close to our borders, move them or die" message from AI. Seriously, that is such a stupid (and sometimes seemingly random) remark, I hate hate HATE it.

Top Bottom