I have one more question for now. I read the unique city states forum and there is an information on page 5 that events need to be turned on while playing this mod. You from the other side say in 1 page that to play modpack i need to turn them off. Do you use some special version of ucs or Im missing smth? I will test this beta version you posted and test it if i have enough time.
Sorry for quoting myself but in such an amount of messages you could miss one of my questions ;)

[major bug - unique city-states]
Checked it quickly. They are right. Events are necessary for UCS to work. When alliance ends and 3 turns pass the appropriate event shows up. When I disabled events it was not possible. Even author, Enginseer, claims that he doesn't create this mod for multi because he doesn't play multi. So this mod isn't prepared for multi. It's a pity there's no multi version of this brilliant mod.

[minor bug - city view] First bug I found in current version: when I click on hammer icon on the right side of the screen (that big one which shows up when all construction in the city end) I am trasported to city screen, but city screen from no-eui version (read clean civ 5 city view). Then when click return and click on city everything is normal.
[minor bug - city view] Probably the same mod. First building/unit in queue in city view lacks icon. There's only nam, number of turns and additional icon for buying it out.

[suggestion - 2upt] In modpack we use 2upt system. When I want to move on to the tile where there's an unit of other country pop up shows with question about declaring war. Isn't possible to make possible move to that tile without such a question?

[minor bug - new promotions] I can see that you didn't manage to find those typos ;]. Here they are:
file: New promotions pack.xml:
Code:
line 3570 <Text>Army gets a [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %100[ENDCOLOR]  attack bonus when processing a flank attack.</Text>
line 3576 <Text>Army gets a [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %200[ENDCOLOR]  attack bonus when processing a flank attack.</Text>
line 3582 <Text>Army gets a [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %300[ENDCOLOR]  attack bonus when processing a flank attack.</Text>
line 3606 <Text>Army does [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]%100[ENDCOLOR] more damage when attacking cities.</Text>
line 3612 <Text>Army does [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]%200[ENDCOLOR] more damage when attacking cities.</Text>
line 3618 <Text>Army does [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]%300[ENDCOLOR] more damage when attacking cities.</Text>
line 3760 <Text> Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %100 [ENDCOLOR] attack/defense bonus and double movement when fighting in jungle or forest.</Text>
line 3765 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %33 [ENDCOLOR] bonus to ranged attack on all terrains.</Text>
line 3770 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %66 [ENDCOLOR] bonus to ranged attack on all terrains.</Text>
line 3775 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %100 [ENDCOLOR] bonus to ranged attack on all terrains. In addition, it gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]+1 [ENDCOLOR] to its range.</Text>
line 3780 <Text>Ship gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %50 [ENDCOLOR] attack bonus vs other ships.</Text>
line 3785 <Text>Ship gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %100 [ENDCOLOR] attack bonus vs other ships.</Text>
line 3789 <Text>Ship gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %150 [ENDCOLOR] attack bonus vs other ships.</Text>
line 3800 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %100 [ENDCOLOR] combat bonus when within 6 tiles from Capital.</Text>
line 3805 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %50 [ENDCOLOR] bonus to ranged defense.</Text>
line 3810 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %100 [ENDCOLOR] bonus to ranged defense.</Text>
line 3815 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %150 [ENDCOLOR] bonus to ranged defense.</Text>
line 3845 <Text>Army does [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]%100[ENDCOLOR] more damage when attacking cities.</Text>
line 3851 <Text>Army does [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]%100[ENDCOLOR] more damage when attacking cities.</Text>
line 3857 <Text>Army does [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]%100[ENDCOLOR] more damage when attacking cities.</Text>

[suggestion - wonder race]
When I played third game in a row, in every one all AIs started with New Grange wonder. I know that from prompts. Is it possible to make AIs use them to not to build wonders that they are obviously loosing? Why all built New Grange, is it too OP?

[suggestion - evolving barbarians] Barbarians with that mod are too OP. I mean in turn 14th of my actual game I was attacked by 2 warriors and 2 hand-axes at the same time and (in turn 20 barbarian camp in the north changed into a town. Turn 23th and they have elephants and horses. Turn 70th - two barbarians towns, one conquered assyrian city by them, pacal and assyria has serious problem with them. Why? Probably because AI dont build warriors instead of wonders. I finished clearing nerby camps. Uff that was crazy as hell.) And it's all on normal barbarian setting. I know I can use chill option but comparing to original barbarian difficulty it is overwhelming. In previous game I couldn't destroy camp having 4 units around it :p. With authority doctrine. And few lvl 4-5 men. 8]. You could make intensity of attacks and generating units lower. That could help.

Last edited:
Introduction:
This is the Community Patch Project by Gazebo + more mods in one Modpack. It's intended for those who want to use the CPP in multiplayer (online and hotseat), but you can also use it in singleplayer to earn achievements in a modded game or as an alternative in case you are encountering any difficulties with the installation/ usage of mods.

Thank you, Barbarians are tough can I lower the difficulty and spawn times for barbarians?

[minor bug - city view] Probably the same mod. First building/unit in queue in city view lacks icon. There's only nam, number of turns and additional icon for buying it out.
Ok this is not a bug. I was mistaken by the smaller font in city view probably after using your luajit file. Then I played previous version and there was the same content, except yhe bigger font. :)

Update from me

We are currently on turn 120, no crashes, no loading screens

Steps we did - Deleted the cache, removed old mod, put the latest nmh11, put LuaJIT file and replaced the old one, started the game with dx9 instead of dx11. Put the highest possible settings in video options that dx9 supports, put automatically scale interface and made a standard earth map.

My friend is the host. What could be the reason them hmm... LuaJIT, your mod or dx11?

Update from me

We are currently on turn 120, no crashes, no loading screens

Steps we did - Deleted the cache, removed old mod, put the latest nmh11, put LuaJIT file and replaced the old one, started the game with dx9 instead of dx11. Put the highest possible settings in video options that dx9 supports, put automatically scale interface and made a standard earth map.

My friend is the host. What could be the reason them hmm... LuaJIT, your mod or dx11?
Thanks for the info! Would like to play with you and others on sunday (if possible). Ps: i entered a civ v discord group and it was intense, (i'm usual to silent multi play before) I guess everything you did cuts the use of ram and increases your computer's performance? I deleted AnC, Upgrade buildings, and medieval buildings mod. I altered a couple of mods such as flag promotion, improved city view, Vox CBO, immigration and EUI. I added Serps post fortress. Everything on nmh11.
Ok this is not a bug. I was mistaken by the smaller font in city view probably after using your luajit file. Then I played previous version and there was the same content, except yhe bigger font. :)
Is LUAJIT helping you all at all? Give some feedback. I usually play with 43 civ and 25CS on king diff using nmh modpack series. Fun and fast. Lovable LUAJIT.
Thank you, Barbarians are tough can I lower the difficulty and spawn times for barbarians?
You can, do chill barbarians and lower diff and give me feedback.
Sorry for quoting myself but in such an amount of messages you could miss one of my questions ;)

[major bug - unique city-states]
Checked it quickly. They are right. Events are necessary for UCS to work. When alliance ends and 3 turns pass the appropriate event shows up. When I disabled events it was not possible. Even author, Enginseer, claims that he doesn't create this mod for multi because he doesn't play multi. So this mod isn't prepared for multi. It's a pity there's no multi version of this brilliant mod.

[minor bug - city view] First bug I found in current version: when I click on hammer icon on the right side of the screen (that big one which shows up when all construction in the city end) I am trasported to city screen, but city screen from no-eui version (read clean civ 5 city view). Then when click return and click on city everything is normal.

[suggestion - 2upt] In modpack we use 2upt system. When I want to move on to the tile where there's an unit of other country pop up shows with question about declaring war. Isn't possible to make possible move to that tile without such a question?

[minor bug - new promotions] I can see that you didn't manage to find those typos ;]. Here they are:
file: New promotions pack.xml:
Code:
line 3570 <Text>Army gets a [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %100[ENDCOLOR]  attack bonus when processing a flank attack.</Text>
line 3576 <Text>Army gets a [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %200[ENDCOLOR]  attack bonus when processing a flank attack.</Text>
line 3582 <Text>Army gets a [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %300[ENDCOLOR]  attack bonus when processing a flank attack.</Text>
line 3606 <Text>Army does [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]%100[ENDCOLOR] more damage when attacking cities.</Text>
line 3612 <Text>Army does [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]%200[ENDCOLOR] more damage when attacking cities.</Text>
line 3618 <Text>Army does [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]%300[ENDCOLOR] more damage when attacking cities.</Text>
line 3760 <Text> Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %100 [ENDCOLOR] attack/defense bonus and double movement when fighting in jungle or forest.</Text>
line 3765 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %33 [ENDCOLOR] bonus to ranged attack on all terrains.</Text>
line 3770 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %66 [ENDCOLOR] bonus to ranged attack on all terrains.</Text>
line 3775 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %100 [ENDCOLOR] bonus to ranged attack on all terrains. In addition, it gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]+1 [ENDCOLOR] to its range.</Text>
line 3780 <Text>Ship gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %50 [ENDCOLOR] attack bonus vs other ships.</Text>
line 3785 <Text>Ship gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %100 [ENDCOLOR] attack bonus vs other ships.</Text>
line 3789 <Text>Ship gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %150 [ENDCOLOR] attack bonus vs other ships.</Text>
line 3800 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %100 [ENDCOLOR] combat bonus when within 6 tiles from Capital.</Text>
line 3805 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %50 [ENDCOLOR] bonus to ranged defense.</Text>
line 3810 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %100 [ENDCOLOR] bonus to ranged defense.</Text>
line 3815 <Text>Army gets [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT] %150 [ENDCOLOR] bonus to ranged defense.</Text>
line 3845 <Text>Army does [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]%100[ENDCOLOR] more damage when attacking cities.</Text>
line 3851 <Text>Army does [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]%100[ENDCOLOR] more damage when attacking cities.</Text>
line 3857 <Text>Army does [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]%100[ENDCOLOR] more damage when attacking cities.</Text>

[suggestion - wonder race]
When I played third game in a row, in every one all AIs started with New Grange wonder. I know that from prompts. Is it possible to make AIs use them to not to build wonders that they are obviously loosing? Why all built New Grange, is it too OP?

[suggestion - evolving barbarians] Barbarians with that mod are too OP. I mean in turn 14th of my actual game I was attacked by 2 warriors and 2 hand-axes at the same time and (in turn 20 barbarian camp in the north changed into a town. Turn 23th and they have elephants and horses. Turn 70th - two barbarians towns, one conquered assyrian city by them, pacal and assyria has serious problem with them. Why? Probably because AI dont build warriors instead of wonders. I finished clearing nerby camps. Uff that was crazy as hell.) And it's all on normal barbarian setting. I know I can use chill option but comparing to original barbarian difficulty it is overwhelming. In previous game I couldn't destroy camp having 4 units around it :p. With authority doctrine. And few lvl 4-5 men. 8]. You could make intensity of attacks and generating units lower. That could help.
I'm so lazy aren't I? :-3 I'm putting minor things aside because, well,.. Because it does not contribute to a fail like mp not working or CTD. I'll do some in this list though, so don't worry.
1Improve city view has no prob.
2promotions fixable and thanks for the code
3UCS is playable, i'm playing a quick multi around 100-200 turns. Maybe a crash in later era? Doing it three times with random settings like a scientist.
4Now it makes it so interesting ti have large armies and barbs isn't it? I'll shrug that off for now
5. 2upt, got that problem, checking for a solutions. Try to give me a solution if you can, I'll definitely do something

Is LUAJIT helping you all at all? Give some feedback. I usually play with 43 civ and 25CS on king diff using nmh modpack series. Fun and fast. Lovable LUAJIT.
I usually play small maps max 6 to 10 players so it may be invisible difference, but nevertheless I will be watching it.

I will check that. But lowering diff affects also normal players and I would like to avoid that.

Improve city view has no prob.
So you managed to repair that one bug. Glad to hear.

3UCS is playable, i'm playing a quick multi around 100-200 turns. Maybe a crash in later era? Doing it three times with random settings like a scientist..
Yeah it is fully working in single player. But in multi when you need to turn off events all cs bonuses are lasting forever so you dont need to make alliance again with the same cs. It can broke a game a bit if someone knows how to exploit it.

New Grange gives faith i suppose. Ai aiming to have a religion i guess. Uncertainty. But religion is powerful
Yeah I know. I very often drop my plan of building New Grange when I can see that it's impossible. But AI's keep trying and thanks to that they give me free hand to build whatever wonder I want from the rest of the pool without any fear. It's too OP. Players have such an advantage that way. If only AIs could make some use of the info I am getting from world wonders mod. Or maybe nerfing New Grange is some way and differentiate AIs plans a bit. Does they rush Stonehange the same way?

2upt, got that problem, checking for a solutions. Try to give me a solution if you can, I'll definitely do something
I would try to find the code that gives us that message and delete it. But..., there can be opposite effect and every unit entering tile with other unit will automatically give you war. But maybe it will help. It isn't in the mod probably but in code of the game i suppose. Im not aware how deep you can modify files.

Trying to put Cultural capital mod on EUI top panel with some alterations.. It was in vain
Maybe you could add some simple UI mods or enhance CS a bit with mods that I provided you while ago? Is cultural capital balanced well with the game?

[suggestion - music] I know that there are some difficulties with incorporating cultural diversity series. But is it possible to add some music from the mod to the game to break the monotony while playing 5h+? Would be nice addition. But it would also make the game heavier.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Would like to play with you and others on sunday (if possible). Ps: i entered a civ v discord group and it was intense, (i'm usual to silent multi play before) I guess everything you did cuts the use of ram and increases your computer's performance? I deleted AnC, Upgrade buildings, and medieval buildings mod. I altered a couple of mods such as flag promotion, improved city view, Vox CBO, immigration and EUI. I added Serps post fortress. Everything on nmh11.

I'm so lazy aren't I? :-3 I'm putting minor things aside because, well,.. Because it does not contribute to a fail like mp not working or CTD. I'll do some in this list though, so don't worry.
1Improve city view has no prob.
2promotions fixable and thanks for the code
3UCS is playable, i'm playing a quick multi around 100-200 turns. Maybe a crash in later era? Doing it three times with random settings like a scientist.
4Now it makes it so interesting ti have large armies and barbs isn't it? I'll shrug that off for now
5. 2upt, got that problem, checking for a solutions. Try to give me a solution if you can, I'll definitely do something

Did not notice the Chill Barbarians checkbox thanks. Can an option be added to adjust the amount of tiles you can found a city from another city? I prefer big maps but less AI players giving room to explore, so I would like 4 or 5 to be the required minimum tiles between cities. How can I adjust that? Thanks again.

Did not notice the Chill Barbarians checkbox thanks. Can an option be added to adjust the amount of tiles you can found a city from another city? I prefer big maps but less AI players giving room to explore, so I would like 4 or 5 to be the required minimum tiles between cities. How can I adjust that? Thanks again.
city distance has a code in it which could change how much working distance, i think there is one for city distance between other cities too

Is it ready for this weekend maybe? Thanks
hiatus, problems in real life. i'm sorry i dragged the release for my own mistakes i made.. probably updating it next week when newest VP is released. In the mean time tell me what mods you want me to implement! I put caravan build roads, city state evolve, ship no pillage, workable mountain, trade post among others :D

Top Bottom