No medieval wars *sigh*

I the game I played today I was attacked in the medieval age by France and the Americans. My trade routes (4 at the time) was all plundered on the first turn of war (who else should I have traded with). This resulted in in a negative gpt and loss of science. I started to build units (I had some but not enough). When that war ended, I have sure missed to build some important buildings but I have conquered one city for the French (Orleans), one for Americans (Philadelphia) and also the Vatican City. Perhaps it was very stupid for the French and the Americans to attack me (Germany) during the Medieval age. I have lost time and I must repair a lot, fix happiness and also kill some rebels (due to happiness). I think I can bounce back rather quick. The most important thing in wars is to do it quick. If I would have gone for more cities it would have taken a lot of more time and the only ones that would have won with that would have been the other five civilizations that wasn't in the war. Also since I only took one city each, I haven't been denounced by anyone yet, not even the Americans. The French has not spoken to me, but the Americans have offered me a DoF. I guess it was the French who wanted the war and used the Americans as hired guns.

yes and no. My last game involved several medieval era wars, but I was playing Zulu, so that creates a lot of bias around Impi (pikeman replacement), because they are awesome.

I say yes and no, because my empire did lack in basic infrastructure, I had to build barracks and troops and focus on paying for them. But that I made sure to take three key cities I had my eye on in the medieval wars. I was able to pick up steam and catch back up by modern era, where I fought an end game decisive war against the highest score civ.

I'd say that early war is more difficult, especially for civs without help on unit upkeep, and that your infrastructure WILL be behind, the question is if war gets you enough to catch back up.

I have no wars in 7 consecutive games from start till finish. The others ofc are killing themselves but Monty, Caesar and Alex refuse to use their huge armies to challenge my mighty archer. Do you think they know that he is in fact a scarcher? :lol:

It's easy if you are Assyria. Taking cities early gives you the techs you neglected to research.

"The French has not spoken to me, but the Americans have offered me a DoF. I guess it was the French who wanted the war and used the Americans as hired guns." What else is new. I have noticed that the AI likes spoiling attacks the minute your unit numbers get below a certian point.

I have no wars in 7 consecutive games from start till finish. The others ofc are killing themselves but Monty, Caesar and Alex refuse to use their huge armies to challenge my mighty archer. Do you think they know that he is in fact a scarcher? :lol:

Lucky you or :confused:

That sort of things happened sometimes in earlier civ versions but in those games (civ 1 to 4) I didn't like fighting, I liked to build so I didn't mind. Civ 5 is the first civ version that I have started to like fighting. Although I don't like being doubled by the French and the Americans.

Lucky you or :confused:

That sort of things happened sometimes in earlier civ versions but in those games (civ 1 to 4) I didn't like fighting, I liked to build so I didn't mind. Civ 5 is the first civ version that I have started to like fighting. Although I don't like being doubled by the French and the Americans.

Are you certain? I remember my phalanxes in Civ1 :spear: Zulu destroyers and Roman mech infantry and I was the peaceful one. And all that in chieftain no less (hey I was ten years old ok?)

Heck when I discovered the diplomat and Republic exploit I was forced to nuke one of my cities (captured by Shaka) to stem the tide. I still wonder why they declared we love the king day afterwards....

Are you certain? I remember my phalanxes in Civ1 :spear: Zulu destroyers and Roman mech infantry and I was the peaceful one. And all that in chieftain no less (hey I was ten years old ok?)

Heck when I discovered the diplomat and Republic exploit I was forced to nuke one of my cities (captured by Shaka) to stem the tide. I still wonder why they declared we love the king day afterwards....

O, civ 1, the only civ game I have ragequit because I was overrun by tanks, BEFORE 1 A.D. And the famous battleship who attack a spearman and sunk. Those where the days. But several games could also go by and nobody touched you.

O, civ 1, the only civ game I have ragequit because I was overrun by tanks, BEFORE 1 A.D. And the famous battleship who attack a spearman and sunk. Those where the days. But several games could also go by and nobody touched you.

Loved the civil war mechanic of that game and ability to postpone the science victory BTW. WHy they never implemented those in later incarnations....

Top Bottom