Noob Question here about making let's play vids

The_CatSnack

Warlord
I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to make a "let's play" style video of your games of civilization?

I'm not getting the game till the 12th but I'd like to immortalise my first ever game experience and maybe even share it if I don't get destroyed and it's too embarrassing! I've never tried anything like this before and I am a technical noob so the easier the better.. Thanks guys

Well I just started my first ever lets play 2 weeks ago, (http://www.youtube.com/user/miztigers55 is where you can find it), and for me I use Camstudio, which is free, and the Xvid Codec. This seems to work pretty well for me.

I guess you should check out the "How to create your own Let's Play video series" in the stories and let's plays sub-forum. It really ha some great info and vids that let me know where/how to start.

I use Bandicam for recording. It costs if you want to remove the watermark, which you will want to do. For the games I'm doing right now, no compression is needed and I just record and then throw them up on YouTube. For Civ5, I will be needing to compress my videos before uploading them. For that, I use Handbrake, which is free.

There are loads of tutorials. I learned this craft by following tutorials and having the fortune of being rl friends with a let's player who has done this for a long time and he gave me some good tips on microphone-business and other stuff.

Any software that has no limit to recording time? And is free? I don't mind playing later I just want to try to make some lets play videos first.

You guys rock.. thank you
(and Quill, I was a big fan of you Gods and Kings Byzantine playthrough! Very entertaining :))

Top Bottom