NOTW L: The Immortals [Game Thread]

I read over the tally and Pizza has 4 votes against him: Verade, Frozen in Ice, choxorn, The Black Knigh.

The Black Knigh has 2 votes against him.

It makes no difference to the outcome but I want to say that an experienced leader such as AskThePizzaGuy should not make so many mistakes (including getting the thief suspect wrong).

If Pizza flips town, remember this vote. He has expressed skepticism of both Pizza and TBK (as they are both frontrunners)
I think Pizza and The Black Knigh need to make their cases because they are front runners at the moment.
, pointed out that they are both close
Pizza has 4 votes against him: Verade, Frozen in Ice, choxorn, The Black Knigh.

The Black Knigh has 2 votes against him.
, so his vote can make them almost tied (4 to 3) and then claimed that no,
It makes no difference to the outcome
what he votes. He then votes for Pizza, thereby basically guaranteeing that Pizza is lynched.

Shame on you, Bad Player.

choxorn, can someone else attest that you have been doing something in private that is useful to the town (you don't have to specify what, I just want a third party confirming this)

I don't think I expressed skepticism of The Black Knigh at any point, I actually defended him to Pizza privately.

I could have chosen to cast no vote and not attract any attention to myself but scum will win if townies are too afraid to make ripples and cast controversial votes. I voted right before night cut off anyway so it would make absolutely no difference to the outcome whether I voted or not.

As I said, if townies are too afraid to make ripples and cast controversial votes, the demons/usurpers have too much influence on the lynch votes.

I don't think I expressed skepticism of The Black Knigh at any point, I actually defended him to Pizza privately.

I could have chosen to cast no vote and not attract any attention to myself but scum will win if townies are too afraid to make ripples and cast controversial votes. I voted right before night cut off anyway so it would make absolutely no difference to the outcome whether I voted or not.

As I said, if townies are too afraid to make ripples and cast controversial votes, the demons/usurpers have too much influence on the lynch votes.

ah, I see. Unvote Bad Player for now. Since Exar gains strength from bandwagon lynches, last minute vote for ATPG (if the day genuinely is almost over)

NIGHT Six

“Is there anyone here who hasn’t been accessed at some point?” Asked the Vampire King. “Our silent folk seem to have got off…” Ventured the Prespurian Lord. “Indeed but who among you gives us the greatest concern?” There were yells around but the greatest noise spoke to doubt of the Prespurian Regent’s innocence. “My dear Regent, How can you protect your professed love when you are dead?” The Regent glowed red. “Lord Exar, you should know I serve you, I can see your doubts. If I could serve you best by giving you my life then I would. But you and I both know I can serve you better alive!” The Vampire King Laughed. “You know that I will put you to the test?” The Prespurian Regent nodded “Yes my King.”

Exar's fist connected with such force that the Regent flew across the room and colliding with the Ljosaalfar Ambassador who failed to scramble out of the way in time. “You will die if you don’t defend yourself!” Boomed the King and he rushed towards the fallen body of the Regent. The next blow was evaded by the Regent as he quickly rolled to the side and leapt to his feet. Exar's next attack was too swift, although the Regent caught Exar's fist his strength was not enough to turn the blow and it connected heavily. The Regent collapsed against the walled breathing deeply and blood tricking out from his mouth. Exar stood tall over him and spoke. “I guess you pass the test.” The Regent coughed “I pray that there be no more…”

Askthepizzaguy, the Prespurian Regent’s was partially lynched
Spoiler :
and survived.

The Governor of Durnovaria carefully approached the King. “My Lord, It appears that the plague from the capatail has spread. There are reports from Durnovaria where folk of my own household have become ill. I do not think we can ignore the situation. What if it spreads here to us?” The King agreed. “We must take precautions then. While we are maintained an effective quarantine here, I will ensure that it is strengthen. Though a little plague would go amiss considering some of the feeding habits displayed here.” And with this he glared at the Prespurian Lord.

“Claimants please collect you Mana Orbs, I am to retire for the night.”

~~~

Accusations:
Askthepizzaguy (Frozen In Ice; The Black Knigh; choxorn; Verarde; Bad Player)
TheBlackKnigh (Nintz; )
Frozen in Ice (Askthepizzaguy; )
KingMorgan (Visorslash; )
Visorslash (KingMorgan; )
Catharsis (Zack; )
choxorn (spaceman98; )

Chaos Mana in Purple
KingMorgan (Askthepizzaguy; )
Catharsis (Catharsis; Frozen In Ice; spaceman98; )

Body Mana in brown
Catharsis (Askthepizzaguy; Frozen In Ice; Catharsis; spaceman98; )
The Black Knigh (The Black Knigh; )

Air Mana in Gray
KingMorgan (Askthepizzaguy; KingMorgan; Frozen In Ice; )
Askthepizzaguy (Catharsis; )

~~~

Exar's Character Sheet
Name: Exar (NPC)
Role: Vampire King
Nation: Calabim
Race: Immortal

Alignment: Innocent
- Primary Victory Condition: Eliminate all threats.
- Secondary Victory Condition: Survive to the end game

Strength:
15 (20)

Affinity:
Death Mana
Law Mana

Orbs:
Nil

Spells:
Nil

Natural Abilities:
Complete Lynch - Causes 10 Damage to target and the Vampire King heals 2 strength.
Partial Lynch - Causes 5 Damage to target

Personal Objective:
Acquire 3 orbs of Death Mana.

Background:
Exar, the Immortal Vampire King, Son of the Calabim Emperor, Flauros, rules over the eastern part of the Calabim Empire. The land was conquered by himself and his armies in a distant past, forgotten by almost all save perhaps Exar himself. He is a well-respected leader and his immense power has kept the region stable and free from conflict.

~~~​

Dawn breaks in [timer=10/21/2013 6:00 PM +13:00; Night has finished] [/timer] at 21 Oct 2013 6:00 PM (+13:00)

Night orders to me before dawn.

Roleplay (sort of):

I must say, a part of me cringes at this, for it recalls bad memories. This is what war does to friendship or love. This is why no war is productive, and those who start wars, be they the demons who attacked us, or anyone else are in the wrong. This is why peace must be a foremost priority, and when peace is impossible, aggressors must be punished for their wrongdoings. I urge the demons present amongst this council to reconsider their aggression and leave, for their actions are unjust and in the end, harmful to long term stability and progress. If they refuse (as they have so far done), then I urge the council to remain united in finding them and forcing them to stand trial for their crimes, and I urge members of this council to set aside nationalistic grievances in this time of adversity.

I to loved once, a lad from the winter court of Svartalfar, many moons ago. Then, the two courts split and war broke out....

The ambassador trails off tearful, and returns to her quarters, walking with a visible limp after being impacted by the body of the injured Prespurian Regent. She still wondered, whether the Regent's claims were genuine, or if the regent was one of the demons or usurpers. In the end, the later seemed more likely to her...

The Prespurian Regent slowly lifts himself, not feeling at all well.

"I've got broken ribs, of this I am sure.

My beloved... there is no space in this world for someone such as I.

When even love itself is questioned as a pure motive, then I have lost my own love for this world.

Death approaches, and when I fall into that sweet slumber, my final thoughts will be of you.

I will wonder if you will achieve the greatness I know is within your power. I will wonder if you will live a long and healthy and happy life. I will hope that no harm comes to you that you cannot shake off.

Most of all, I wish you love, all that you may find in this mortal life. Even now, at the end of all things, when Demons openly attack us, and nations are threatening one another with war, there is still hope.

Love may not conquer all, not here, not in this council. And I am certainly not feeling fit enough to conquer anything.

I do not yield my love, but I surrender. The council has judged me a terrible being, and this judgment does not reverse itself simply because I... was... made of sturdy stuff.

Do with me as you will. Just leave my beloved alone."

You've misunderstood me a bit. I haven't claimed expert on manas and as Catharsis says, anyone could have done what I did. But, as none else did it, I am at least the expertiest. Air has so far been the only one I haven't been able to "use" and thus not being able to see it's spells (I got them explained to me instead)

You've misunderstood me a bit. I haven't claimed expert on manas and as Catharsis says, anyone could have done what I did. But, as none else did it, I am at least the expertiest. Air has so far been the only one I haven't been able to "use" and thus not being able to see it's spells (I got them explained to me instead)

The Prespurian Lord snarls, "Keep it down you lousy peasants!"

OOG: No game talk at night.

Regent Pizza, you were proved innocent when King Exar said “I guess you pass the test”? If so, you have no need to fear any council but anyone who can protect you should do so now if you are a proven innocent.

The Regent coughs and barely whispers the following:

"The Council is not in session. Sanity may reign once more, but it won't happen until tomorrow morning. Come, anyone who wants to speak with me privately may do so.

Even you folks who think me evil. My chambers are open tonight. Come, keep me company. It is a lonely thing, what I have just experienced. Company would be nice."

DAY SEVEN

The Prespurian Lord stalked the halls; he had a hunger this night that was unsatisfied. Perhaps another opportunity might come up. He paused upon a hall way mirror and gaze upon his own reflection. A bruise was beginning to form on his fair face. He shook his head in disappointment. It was tender to the touch but would be gone by morning. He heard a shuffling noise behind him and he spun around. A shadow moved at the far end of the hall and the Lord face wore a satisfied grin and a look of greed in his eyes. He moved swiftly down the hall to follow the shadow when suddenly his grin dropped as he was confronted by a huge demon. Black mist swirled around the beast as it filled the hallway. The demons horns scraped across the ceiling and wings knocked over paintings and other objects as they complained about being unable to unfurl. The restriction gave the Prespurian Lord enough time to take a few steps back before the attack came. The Prespurian Lord’s hand glowed blue and a shield made of ice appeared and despite shattering was strong enough to deflect the demons blow. The Prespurian Lord tried to increase the distance between himself and the demon, if he could get to a smaller part of the hallway then perhaps he could flee. His hand glow blue once more as the demon lashed out with his claw. The Lord ducked under it placing his glowing hands on the floor. As his hands lifted up, a spear made of ice grew under them. He then grasped the spear, its point reflecting the dark mist and orange glow of the candles. The demon launched forwards trying to swat the spear out of the way and reach for his foe. But the Lord was nimble, he lashed out with the point keeping the demon away from him as he kept taking steps back that would bring him closed to safety. The Demon was growing frustrated, hampered by the enclosed space he let out a deafening roar. The Lord felt exhilarated, everyone else in the house would wake from that sound. This demon would be no match for all of them. However, the roar was followed by an intense heat and black flame. The Ice spear melted as the flames spread through the air towards the Lord and then screams filled the hallway. The demon took walked close to see the outcome upon his prey. He paused as the victim moved. Melted flesh slurred off the bone but the Lord was still alive. “It will take more than that he yelled. The Lords hands sparkled blue for a third time but it was engulfed in black flames.

Visorslash the Prespurian Lord was Immolated
Spoiler Alignment :
he was a Vampire Innocent.

The demon roar woke the Calcarian Aide, he threw his bed covered of and made for the door. A voice spoke behind him. “Not so fast, my love!” it whispered. The voice conveyed dread and the Aide was too frightened to look around. He did not see the sword being swung down but felt it as it cleaved his body in two. The Figure the voice belonged to continue to slice up the Aide long after he was dead.

TheLastDays the Calcarian Aide was Slaughtered
Spoiler Alignment :
he was a Human Innocent.

The Prespurian Regent was sitting at a desk in his chamber composing a letter. His body was a wreak and there appeared to be fresh wounds in addition to those inflicted by the King. He looked up as he heard the demon roar. “It is my time I fear, and here I am ,full of regret.” he sighed. There was a knock on his chamber door. The Regent was surprised “I didn’t think a demon would have any manners. Please do come in.” A figure entered into his room. “Your time has come my dear Regent.” The Regent shrugged. “At least it has come from such a handsome and strong man. My, your muscles give me goose bumps.” The figure frowned “You shouldn’t have plotted against our King. You could have been a great assets against the demons.” The Regent just laughed. “As if you haven’t thought about it yourself. I see the hunger in your eyes. The great are only the great by seizing the opportunity.” The Figure nodded as he walked closer to the Regent “And I will use this opportunity.” The Regent had little strength left.

Askthepizzaguy the Prespurian Regent had his blood drained dry
Spoiler Alignment :
he was a Usurper.

Exar was gladdened by the death of another Usurper. But it did nothing to ease his worry. "The demon has grown stronger. I fear we are on the edge of oblivion. You must find those responsible tonight!" He urged. The Vampire King beckoned to his servant. "Any news?" The Servant bowed. "We have had no new reports of the sickness. It appears effort to contain it are working. There are thoughts to slanting our stocks to ensure it is not already spread. It will need your consideration." The Servant rached into his pockets and withdrew a few Mana Orbs. "My King. the Death, Water and Metamagic orbs were found on the Regent. This Ice is from other Prespurian friend and the Aide had the Life Mana." Teh King Responded. "Very well. Can i have claimants for the mana as well as the demon please?"

~~~

Exar's Character Sheet
Name: Exar (NPC)
Role: Vampire King
Nation: Calabim
Race: Immortal

Alignment: Innocent
- Primary Victory Condition: Eliminate all threats.
- Secondary Victory Condition: Survive to the end game

Strength:
16 (20)

Affinity:
Death Mana
Law Mana

Orbs:
Nil

Spells:
Nil

Natural Abilities:
Complete Lynch - Causes 10 Damage to target and the Vampire King heals 2 strength.
Partial Lynch - Causes 5 Damage to target

Personal Objective:
Acquire 3 orbs of Death Mana.

Background:
Exar, the Immortal Vampire King, Son of the Calabim Emperor, Flauros, rules over the eastern part of the Calabim Empire. The land was conquered by himself and his armies in a distant past, forgotten by almost all save perhaps Exar himself. He is a well-respected leader and his immense power has kept the region stable and free from conflict.

~~~

National Diplomacy
Sheaim state is ’Guarded’
Ljosalfar state is 'Friendly'
Amurite state is ’Cautious’

Items up for Vote
Claims for the 1x Death Mana in Dimgrey
Claims for the 1x Life Mana in Green
Claims for the 1x Water Mana in Blue
Claims for the 1x Metamagic Mana in Darkslateblue
Claims for the 1x Ice Mana in Turquoise

Accusations in Bold

Night begins in [timer=10/23/2013 6:00 PM +13:00; Day has finished] [/timer] at 23 Oct 2013 6:00 PM (+13:00)

Well this is quite an eventful morning. I see that we made the right choice by not trusting ATPG's claim of neutrality. The fact that he even thought of overthrowing Exar is reprehensible, but at least there's one less usurper now. And it turns out that the usurpers can kill at night, but the fact they've waited so long to do so suggest to me they are only killing in desperation. I also have to wonder why the demon's chose now to start going after the vampires.

I would like the death mana.

bad player should have the metamagic, I might have use for water

Top Bottom