Now that dual leaders are official...

Japan with Emperor Meiji
America with Lincoln or Washington
Kongo with Nzinga Ndongo
France with Louis XIV (Napoleon is already a Great General, but that could change)

Where has it been confirmed that you can have two leaders playing the same civ in the same game?

These are the alternate leaders I'd like in the future.

America: Lincoln (Washington) or Washington (Philadelphia)
Arabia: Abu Bakr (Medina), first Caliph of the Rashidun Caliphate
Aztec: Ahuitzotl (Tenochtitlan), Tlatoani of Tenochtitlan
Brazil: I don't know much about other Brazilian rulers, but maybe someone who's capital city is Brasilia?
China: Cixi (Beijing), Empress of Qing China
Egypt: Ramesses II (Pi-Ramesses), Pharaoh of Egypt
England: Elizabeth I (London), Queen of England, or Alfred the Great (Winchester), King of the Anglo-Saxons
France: Louis XIV (Paris), King of France
Germany: Maria Theresa (Viena), Holy Roman Empress, German Empress, and Archduchess of Austria, or Frederick the Great (Berlin), King of Prussia
India: Ashoka (Patna), Emperor of Maurya
Japan: Oda Nobuna (Nagoya or Kyoto), Daimyo of the Oda clan
Kongo: ?
Norway: Margaret I (Oslo), Queen of Norway, Denmark, and Sweden, or (maybe this one doesn't count as Norway, but it's Scandinavian) Christina (Stockholm), Queen of Sweden
Rome: ?
Russia: Catherine the Great (St. Petersburg), Empress of all the Russias
Scythia: ?
Spain: it is obvious that it will be Isabella of Castille (she could rule from Toledo), but I would also like Charles V
Sumer: ?

A few leaders I would particularly like:

A great early republican Roman leader, like Cincinnatus, Lucius Junius Brutus, or Appius Claudius Caecus.

A never-before-seen American president. Jefferson, Truman, Eisenhower, and Polk all offer interesting possibilities.

A more traditionally French leader would be nice. Maybe Louis XIV with a culture bonus or Napoleon/De Gaulle with a military bonus.

A brand new English leader would be nice. I'm sure they could do something interesting with Henry VIII and the newly beefed up religious system.

I'd like a Soviet leader (preferably Stalin) for Russia, probably with a bonus to industry, but I think Catherine is more likely.

It would be nice to see Alexander the Great and his companion cavalry. 3 leaders for Greece is fine, especially if all represent distinct places and eras in Greek history. Give Alexander some conquest bonuses.

For Germany, maybe Adenaeur with a strong economic focus. Frederick II would be fine too, but I think Barbarossa already has the military aspect of Germany covered.

For Egypt: Akenaten with a religious focus would be great.

India badly needs a new leader. I won't say Akbar or Shah Jahan because I'd like the Mughals to be an entirely separate Civ. Maybe Ashoka or Chandragupta.

My guess is that Sumeria, Scythia, Poland, the Kongo, and Norway will be one-leader Civs. China, Japan, and Arabia surely warrant multiple leaders, but I don't know enough about the history in question to speculate on that.

My wishlist:
:band:

Rome - 2. Marius and 3. Scipio

England - Oliver Cromwell
US - never mind should be someone with a wig
Germany - Paul von Hindenburg
France - Raymond Poincaré
Russia - Ivan the Terrible

India - Ashoka
China - Mao Zedong
Arabia - Al-Walid
Mongolia - Timur
[party]

Didn't even see these area of the forums. Here is the post I made in another thread.

Abraham Lincoln for the United States
Agenda:
Great Emancipator
-Lincoln hates Civs that conquer and keep foreign cities and will use the Liberation Casus Belli readily to liberate the oppressed peoples.​
Ability:
The Tycoon
-Lincoln was a great conductor of the war effort and he lowers the war weariness in his population and he lowers unit maintenance during wars​

I was under the impression Greece is getting 2 leaders due to it missing 1 extra UA/UU/UB is this still correct?

France and England would get harder choices to pick, given that most ruled from Paris and London, respectively. Alfred ruled from Winchester though. And Louis XIV could be said to rule from Versailles.

Brazil probably won't have a second leader, but if we get one, it won't be Vargas I think. He literally gave his oppositor's wife as a present to Hitler! Kubitschek would be the second-best choice, ruling from Brasília, and with a cool LUA name "50 Years in 5". But when they gave the Republican flag to D. Pedro, instead of the monarchic cross-and-sphere, I guess they already ruled out a second Brazilian ruler.

I think either all civs will have a second ruler or only greece because of the missing unique feature. And the fact that D.Pedro has the republican flag intead of the monarchic cross is actually an indicator of a second ruler, D. Pedro II's fall was What started republica in Brazil after all.

In justice to Vargas, Prestes (his oppositor) tryed to kill him on a failed communist coup, and Getulio is regarded by Many as the best president Brazil had (by the end of his governement the country had no debts, he created Many worker laws, etc), some say his second to Kubitschek who I think would make a PERFECT second leader to Brazil with a district that would replace the industrial zone (JK heavily industrialised the country) and Brasilia as capital (he built it).

For England, am I the only one that would like to see Henrique IV(V?)(the one that created anglicanism) with a religion focused bonus?

I think either all civs will have a second ruler or only greece because of the missing unique feature. And the fact that D.Pedro has the republican flag intead of the monarchic cross is actually an indicator of a second ruler, D. Pedro II's fall was What started republica in Brazil after all.
Greece has no missing features, I have no idea of how that idea got spread, since from the First Look we already saw all four features! Not that it implies that all civs will have a second ruler, they have no obligation to do so! In Civ 4, only some civs got two leaders, and a few even got three, while many were left with just one. I highly doubt they'll make another leader for Scythia or Kongo, for example. They'll only add leaders who are interesting on the cultural, gameplay or personality aspects, like Gorgo is.

As for Brazil, I take back what I said. Today's livestream showed that the civilization symbol is kept between the alternate leaders, so if they add Kubitschek, both him and D. Pedro would have the same republican symbol, only in different colours.

Personally I think Ramesses II is unlikely: Qin Shi Huang is already occupying the wondermongering egomaniac slot. ;) My wishlist for our current civs:

[*]America: John Adams
[*]Arabia: Harun al-Rashid
[*]China: Taizong
[*]Egypt: Akhenaten, Hatshepsut (but Cleopatra doubtless hurts her chances of appearing, both as another woman and as a trade-focused leader)
[*]England: Elizabeth I, Alfred the Great OR Edward I Longshanks
[*]France: Louis XIV, Francis I
[*]India: LITERALLY ANYONE ELSE (but Shah Jahan is my personal choice)
[*]Russia: Catherine the Great
[*]Sumeria: Ur-Nammu

If they're not listed, I either don't want/expect them to get another leader or I simply don't care. I leave off Spain, who is already projected to receive Isabella.

For England, am I the only one that would like to see Henrique IV(V?)(the one that created anglicanism) with a religion focused bonus?
Try Henry VIII. ;) He wasn't exactly a good ruler, but he'd certainly be colorful. I'd rather see either one of his daughters, though. (Though I must admit, Henry VIII presented à la the Hans Holbein the Younger portrait would be pretty epic. If we're going to see a Henry though, I'd prefer Henry V and would be disappointed if he didn't offer at least some small portion of the St. Crispin's Day speech.)

A religion focus wouldn't really make sense for Henry VIII, though. He wasn't exactly a religious man: his break with the Catholic Church was complicated but hardly religiously motivated. A diplomatic bonus would make much more sense for the scheming, manipulative, and ambitious Henry VIII. It's also worth recalling that before his break with the Church, he was awarded the title "Defender of the Faith" by the Pope. Henry VIII's relationship with the Church was as complex and nuanced as his relationship with Catherine of Aragon, arguably the only of his wives he really loved.

For Brazil, If they ever consider a second leader, it MUST be Kubitschek.
Any other would be hugely controversial, in a way it would be better to stick with Pedro II alone.

Eisenhower: America would still be internal focused but focusing on production and/or commerce. Agenda would be to check civs with governments different to him.
Alfred: Give England more culture in the middle game and comes with a fyrd UU which is cheaper and weaker but has a combat bonus within England's borders. Hates civs that pillage other civs.
Ivan the Terrible: Bonus to counter-espionage. Hates small empires and those that spy on him.
Djoser: Great person bonus for Egypt.

I think it would be interesting if devs are going to implement not just different leaders but different houses like they already did with Athens/Sparta. And while civ6 already has Peter for Russia representing house of Romanov, alternative leader could be St. Olga representing Rurik dynasty. She could have combat bonuses for attacking barbarian encampments, extra diplomatic policy slot and non-tundra (just forest or grasslands) starting bias.

We have to consider that for gameplay purposes, alternate leaders will probably HAVE to have a different capital! Because it seems like they can be played on the same map, and having the same capital would ruin it!
I dont think its as much of an issue as you imagine, of course it would be easier if both leaders each had an iconic capital, as in Athens and Sparta (or Tessalonica should Alexander make it into the game). But in the case they don't they only need use the second most important city, problem solved. Or in the case of Rome, you could also designate another city that was used as capital at some point, like Ravenna.

America: Washington(Philadelphia)
Arabia: Muawiyah(Damascus)
Brazil: Mem de Sa(São Salvador)
China: Sun Yat Sen(Nanjing?)
Egypt: Khufu(Memphis)
England: Richard the Lionheart
France: Clovis
Germany: Wilhelm II(Berlin)
Greece: Alexander the Great(Pella), There are already Athens and Sparta, Macedonia should comes
India: Akbar(Agra?)
Japan: Toyotomi Hideyoshi(Osaka?)
Kongo: Mobutu(Kinshasa)
Norway: Haakon VII(Oslo)
Rome: Scipio, need some love for republican Rome
Russia: Vladimir the Great(Kiev)
Scythia: Atheas
Spain: Pelagius of Asturias(don't know capital)

America: Washington(Philadelphia)
Arabia: Muawiyah(Damascus)
Brazil: Mem de Sa(São Salvador)
China: Sun Yat Sen(Nanjing?)
Egypt: Khufu(Memphis)
England: Richard the Lionheart
France: Clovis
Germany: Wilhelm II(Berlin)
Greece: Alexander the Great(Pella), There are already Athens and Sparta, Macedonia should comes
India: Akbar(Agra?)
Japan: Toyotomi Hideyoshi(Osaka?)
Kongo: Mobutu(Kinshasa)
Norway: Haakon VII(Oslo)
Rome: Scipio, need some love for republican Rome
Russia: Vladimir the Great(Kiev)
Scythia: Atheas
Spain: Pelagius of Asturias(don't know capital)

Nice list. I don't like Richard the Lionheart as a king of England though. He spent maybe 6 months of his reign actually in England. For a Medieval period English king his father Henry II had a longer reign and was much much more important. Edward I and Henry V are also decent choices. For non-king leaders William the Marshal or Simon de Montfort would top the list, though both should probably be Great Generals instead along with Richard the Lionheart.

I could see a communist leader as currently the communist government have no representative. Russia could get Stalin (who have been a leader in several civ games even tought he is controversial) if not Stalin they could go with Lenin (who I do not think have been in any civ game) or maybe Khrushchev (who could be given bonuses to space race victory and science).

It is also possible that Mao make a return who have also been in several civ games.

Top Bottom