Official announcement: Hot off the presses. Next Civ game in development!!!!!!!

So after some pause and actually reading the links provided, I realise Seven is mentioned zero times. The closest official term used is "next iteration". There's no mention of 7.

I do assume it's 7, but we've been through sufficient "you guys don't have phones?" moments in recent history to at least approach this with some caution.

Am I being overly cautious here in thinking it's odd that they literally make no mention of 7?? Why wouldn't they?

The statement "Hot of the Presses. Next Civ Game in development!" is giving me anxiety...
So they can make lots of tweets over the coming weeks with references to the number seven, maintaining hype until they have the announcement trailer ready to go(my bet is on the day the Leader Pass finishes)

I'm planning on getting a new PC for civ 7. I got a i7 laptop but the hard drive space is kind of low I could connect a hard drive but I might get a new computer for civ 7 instead because the old computer is getting slow. I just don't know the specs yet. If I get the i7 I think it might work out.

So I said this in another thread and I think it makes more sense now (although evidently still highly speculative and unlikely): the new app in steamdb is somehow related to the next game. It could be a purchasable Leader and/or wonder that unlocks in Civ 7 if you buy it now for Civ 6.

Reminder they started Civ 6 DLC with this:

And then throughout Civ 6's cycle Firaxis must have experimented with nearly every DLC sale approach under the sun. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if something like this is planned.

I was already planning on getting a new graphics card this summer. Everything else is still fine.
I had to get a card when prices were too high but not at the crazy maximum. The motherboard and CPU are still from 2014 (4790k). It actually still mostly keeps up but there have been a few issues, and it seems time anyhow.

Hot off the presses=16 Letters(Civ VI release year) Next Civ game in development=24 Letters. Therefore,2024 release date confirmed
I'll be disappointed but also find it rather funny if the announcement is NOT for Civ 7 and then we'll all be like "but the comment had 7 exclamation points!" :lol:

I'll be disappointed but also find it rather funny if the announcement is NOT for Civ 7 and then we'll all be like "but the comment had 7 exclamation points!" :lol:
I mean, they know that people are looking for that kind of detail and these announcements aren't done on a whim so if the next Civ game isn't 7, then it was an intentional misdirection.

Great news!! Looking forward to getting a new computer and immersed into a new game…while also waiting 2-4 years until it’s actually complete XD

My biggest hope is that they move slightly away from the board game/ exploit the AI style of game to one that really has a strong narrative push throughout the whole game. Like, I don’t care about adjacency or diplo favor “points” but I sure as hell want to care about the story of my empire’s growth throughout the ages…ideally with some culture/tech choices that feel more deliberate and long-lasting. But still excited for the series’ future!!

I mean, they know that people are looking for that kind of detail and these announcements aren't done on a whim so if the next Civ game isn't 7, then it was an intentional misdirection.
I don't think it would necessarily be an intentional misdirection any more than "Next Civ game in development" containing 24.

They also posted that picture which had a bunch of objects with seven copies of each, if I recall correctly. And that Civ Anniversary picture has a scratch which distinctly looks like a 7. All these things were probably meaningless. The exclamation points might be meaningless.

I would love to see a better visualization of wide rivers. Nile or Amazon being just a crack between hexes is just too much of an abstract. Which also brings the question of scale. With so much building happening outside of a city center tile having maps smaller than previous iterations makes it look cluttered.
I'm ok with stylized graphics as long as we keep readability (CIV VI is actually quite good on that regard), and we get a little more diversity in terms of biomes or visible buildings.

Bruh if Civ7 will have minimum requirements that my laptop won't reach :sad:
I always buy a new computer with each Civ release. 😜

Will be eagerly awaiting system requirements so I can go computer shopping. 😁

Civ3 was the low point of the series. Still, I got my money's worth.
Civilization 5 was . Civ III was the second worst. Still had fun with it, though.

*ahem*

Called it. Now all that is needed is for the teaser to drop after the last Leader Pass pack is released.

I would love to see a better visualization of wide rivers. Nile or Amazon being just a crack between hexes is just too much of an abstract. Which also brings the question of scale. With so much building happening outside of a city center tile having maps smaller than previous iterations makes it look cluttered.
I'm ok with stylized graphics as long as we keep readability (CIV VI is actually quite good on that regard), and we get a little more diversity in terms of biomes or visible buildings.
Navigable rivers need to make a comeback.

Navigable rivers need to make a comeback.
I want to do Viking raids up rivers. Right now those inland districts are safe from the predations of my longships. 😥

Top Bottom