[Official] Proposed Rule Change

BCLG100

Music Master
As self appointed maestro of CDZ I propose the following

The turn timer be set at 22 hours to thus equal 24 hours of actual game time

The reasons being;
1. The game has taken far too long to get going as it is, the excessive turns where nothing is happening is only going to increasingly kill interest
2. This doesn't mean at a later juncture the turn timer cannot subsequently be increased.
3. Anyone can play these turns, they are just moving warriors/scouts there is next to no micromanagement that can/has to be done.

Now some may say that it has only been a few days but this will hopefully pre-empt very long delays in the future. If someone can explain any good reason as to what needs to be discussed right now then my stance is changeable but my proposition is not so i would appreciate a team vote.

(i.e. there is no need for 40 hours discussion on where to move a scout, heck there really isn't much need to have any discussion- aim for the hills!)

2. This doesn't mean at a later juncture the turn timer cannot subsequently be increased.

I agree, and this is the strongest argument imho. The turn timer can be looked at as a flexible thing. For the sake of interest I think it's best if this is strongly considered.

If some teams need a few more turns to sort out the initial "general strategy" debates then that's fine too. Afterall, we want everyone playing at their best to have a good game. If that's the case maybe suggest what turn (approx) this could be implemented at?

May I ask a stupid question? Why does 22 hours equal 24?

Because the gameclock runs slower than the real clock. Usually when you set the turntimer at 22 hours one turn will pass in 24 hours real-time...

BTW, I am, obviously, totally in favour of changing the gameclock to 22 hours. We can always change it back to longer later on but right now there's not much time needed. All you need to do is move a scout or a warrior each turn.

What do they need to discuss for the next 50 or so turns other than the movement of a few units and the arranging of a few citizens that cannot be discussed during one day?

What do they need to discuss for the next 50 or so turns other than the movement of a few units and the arranging of a few citizens that cannot be discussed during one day?

What to tech, what to build, which tiles get improved in what order and whether to chop or save and Farm vs Cottage. Not to mention Wonders, etc but that's long term stuff.

There's plenty of things to argue about these days still.
Just wondering; is it absolutely essential that those discussions need to be completed before a new turn starts ?

There are 2 types of discussion; longterm and shortterm. Longterm are for strategy; like how close to build cities together, to go aggressively fighting and conquering or to focus on buildup.
Shortterm are for instance; scout north or north-east; improve which tile first; build a worker or a warrior etc.
Longterm discussions do not require to be completed before the turn ends and shortterm discussions can be done quicker or even in advance.

What to tech, what to build, which tiles get improved in what order and whether to chop or save and Farm vs Cottage. Not to mention Wonders, etc but that's long term stuff.
Typically, a research takes 7+ turns at minimum....how many turns(days) does it take to decide what to tech next?

No one even HAS a worker yet...

If you want to build Stonehenge, you better get on it!

I think it should be 22 hours now, but once we get going (say turn 75) we change it to 40 hours. I really don't see why it's taking so long for people to make their moves it could be done much faster and if you are planing for the future you don't have to have it done THIS turn do you?

Wait. What? How are you reading our threads? Stonehenge is ours!

I hate to break it to you, but I think the barbs got Stonehenge. Or that would be my thought.

I am categorically opposed to any rule which could result in a team's turn being skipped.
An effective turn timer of 24 will most likely have that result. IMO the absolute minimum is an effective timer of 48, and I'm tempted to up it to 72.

I am categorically opposed to any rule which could result in a team's turn being skipped.
An effective turn timer of 24 will most likely have that result. IMO the absolute minimum is an effective timer of 48, and I'm tempted to up it to 72.

I understand what your point is Dave...but THEY are SKIPPING it on purpose for the past 33+ hours....no one has even logged from team Carthage(not sure which team is playing that civ).

All teams appear to have at least a dozen members, right? At least one of them should be able to log in, move one unit and press enter. A 72 hour time turner will kill interest in this game very, very rapidly.

Pitboss games work fine with a 24 hour effective timer, why should this one be different? Especially since there are multiple people on a team who can all move units and press enter. It's not that difficult, really... ;)

If the teams wanted to move at a faster pace, there'd be no need for a turn timer change. Each team just plays faster.

Top Bottom