[Official] Proposed Rule Change

Just curious BCLG100 but are people in your team really that impaitent with the pace that they want to quit?

I don't believe I said that anyone would quit right now but it is hard to maintain an interest in a game moving at a glacial pace where it continues indefinitely.

Playing slow kills all of these games.

Indeed

A 48 hour turn timer is nothing compared to the last game though.

This isn't the last game though and lessons should hopefully have been learnt from that.

Playing slow kills all of these games.

It's why I never bothered playing before. I suppose that "better than last game" is the bar by which all things are measured here. It's unfortunate that vision is so shackled by the miniscule steps forward from the past instead of being measured against an ideal for the future :)

I suppose thats why most things in life are mediocre :think:

Ah well - a vote is a vote. I'm looking forward to our next game in 2012 when people take the next step and meausre progress against this game. :mischief:

"This 12 hour turn time??? no way - 24 at most!!! I remember when we walked both ways to school in the snow uphill. We had our 48 hour turn timer and we liked it just fine."

:D

I'm amazed that some people consider a maximum of 2 days between turns "glacial". To me it's quite appropriate for the level of discussion we're having on our team. Perhaps other teams aren't discussing/spamming opinions enough. :p

By the way, FYI, there is a reason why we haven't ended our turn yet. We haven't accidentally forgotten to play. ;) This one turn might take us a bit more time to reach a decision, but after this we should be able to play fairly quickly for the next few dozen turns. :)

I'm amazed that some people consider a maximum of 2 days between turns "glacial". To me it's quite appropriate for the level of discussion we're having on our team. Perhaps other teams aren't discussing/spamming opinions enough. :p

By the way, FYI, there is a reason why we haven't ended our turn yet. We haven't accidentally forgotten to play. ;) This one turn might take us a bit more time to reach a decision, but after this we should be able to play fairly quickly for the next few dozen turns. :)

There is that option or there is the other option that the teams playing are not actually feeling the need to debate which direction to send a warrior and so trust those playing the turns to make an adequate decision :)

Because the only thing to talk about is warrior exploration.

I wasn't aware that your team had built any workers/settlers which required an immediate discussion in preperation of the impending turn rather than in the future and therefore unable to maintain two distinct conversations at any one time, my apologies.

Not every team clicked on "future tech" at the start and ending up teching mining first. ;)

If this was turn 150 with half a dozen cities to organise what tiles to work, and what builds to do along with the orders of dozens of units and workers to discuss, plus possible communication with other teams, then no, 2 days isn't "glacial", however on turn 5 with one city working one tile, with one build in progress and one unit to move then yes i'd say its "glacial".

While i don't deny there is a lot to discuss in terms of future research, future city locations ect, none of these effect the timing of pushing the enter button to end the current turn as these thing wont be happening for several turns leaving plenty of time to discuss, vote and poll even if the turns were only a day long

Speak for yourself. ;) Sirius has easily had a couple of hundred posts of discussion just in the past day or two, mostly discussing and analysing our specific move this turn from every conceivable angle. :p

Speak for yourself. ;) Sirius has easily had a couple of hundred posts of discussion just in the past day or two, mostly discussing and analysing our specific move this turn from every conceivable angle. :p

You guys obviously have too much time on your hands, we should reduce the turn timer to save you from your selves:D

You're in luck, we've now finished discussions and played our turn. And with most of a day to spare. ;)

I noticed just now that Team Sirius presently has 1,346 posts (and rising fast). That's pretty much a third of the total posts that Team Saturn had in the last game (4,142). And we're only at turn 7. :lol:

Yeah my post count has gone up signifcantly as well!

I noticed just now that Team Sirius presently has 1,346 posts (and rising fast). That's pretty much a third of the total posts that Team Saturn had in the last game (4,142). And we're only at turn 7. :lol:

The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy

Top Bottom