OFW2 "The Roman capitol killing atheists"

NIce finish NP, and thanks to those of you who came to help finish the game when we only had 3 and I was having some rough times.

Very good game, I hope to have time to play some more sg's in the future.

I am glad that Ted called for the help and that he and conehead stuck with the game all the way to the end.

It was a great victory for the Beloved Roman Empire:)

Well done everyone :goodjob:

Thanks to OFW :thumbsup: for the idea & the game, thanks to everyone who answered my call for help when it looked as if the game might founder.

This has been one of my all-time favourite games. The outcome was uncertain until quite late on and those early and middle turns were nail-bitingly tense with a very real possibility of us losing.

Looking forward to seeing you all in another SG soon.

Ted

Great Job and thanks for joining. Anyone ready for a sid version of this game :lol: (just kidding).

I would like to thank all of my teammates for all of the hard work we put in. This was the most difficult game i ever played.

Wow.
May I add my voice to the congratulations to our team for this victory. When I joined the game, victory seemed a very remote possibility indeed: playing it was very exciting, and winning even more! :D

So, thanks to Ted for inviting us into an extraordinary game, and to OFW for the great (and crazy) idea -and please, do come up with something even crazier ;)

If you guys are interested you can join my SG located HERE It will be pretty challenging.

I still don't have conquests yet, or I would be interested.

You might want to post your game in the Succession game registry, (I am subsribed to that and I am sure others are also) It might help ya get some more players.

I do plan on buying conquests in the very near future, but before I try any sg's I think I need to practice some solo games as I have not played much recently.

@Karasu, I have all kinds of crazy games in my head, that I was thinking about and OFW3 will probably be :crazyeye: :devil2: :evil: :smoke:
So, keep your eyes open:D

I hope I'll be able to play in OFW3 too. I should mention, though, that I'll be unavailable for Civ purposes in both May and July, so I won't be starting any new games until August.

I'll pm both of ya when I figure out what it is. like I said I need to get conquests and practice a little. I really have no Idea when I will start a new sg though. I had some other Ideas, kinda variants like this, but I cannot remember them. I guess I'll write them down next time I think of something.

If you come up with a good idea then you can count me in too :)

Ted

I don't understand your thesis for this game, Rome was actually pretty impresive when it came to religious tolerance during its Golden Age, and it was only until poltical leaders claimed morals to eliminate their rivals had they began to demand something of religion.

But at any rate, good job dawg.

Edit: But then again, the very purpose of civilization games is its unique ability to manipulate history for someone's will, so I really shouldn’t compare it as ‘what should be’.

Well, I never expected to see this one on the first page again. :eek: I'm glad someone is reading and enjoying the old threads. :goodjob:

The basis of this game was One Fast Warrior's imaginative capital-killing atheist challenge, not any theory about Roman history. I'm fairly certain, although I only joined the game halfway through, that the Romans were just chosen as a good warmaking civ, since the difficult premise plainly required one.

Wow, someone reading old games. good to see that!

Yes this game had nothing to do with any history. I only was trying to make a difficult game, that would be both fun and challenging. And It was definately both.

Good to hear from you again, OFW. :) Are you playing any succession games at the moment?

I am still around. I have not played any SG's since finishing this one. I only recently started to play again at all. RL was a bit harsh over the last year, so I did not civ much. I played a gotm and did a couple QSC's recently, but that is about all. I was kinda looking at the gotm sg's with possible interest though.

OneFastWarrior said:
RL was a bit harsh over the last year, so I did not civ much.

Sorry to hear that, though I suppose I more or less knew it from your later posts in this thread. :( I certainly recommend the SGOTM--normally an excellent experience, though one team does collapse into savage mutual recrimination in every game. :lol:

Top Bottom