One sentence you could say to annoy an entire fan base?

PvP gamers are nothing but virtual serial killers.
Sports Games/FPS are for low IQ people with no imagination.
SMAC is just a re-skin of Pandora.
Who cares about Australian game prices (because I am not in Australia)?
Civilization isn't a Grand Strategy game like Monopoly.
Anita Sarkessian is right about games and I approve everything she says before she says anything because no reason.

The following will probably annoy only half a fan base at a time.

"Balrogs have wings." "Balrogs don't have wings."

"GIF sounds like JIF peanut butter." "No, just no. It has a hard G like, golly, GRAPHICS."

"Vi > Emacs" "Emacs > Vi" (the fanbase here being Unix users, not Vi users or Emacs users)

"Linux isn't really an OS, it's just a kernel with a bunch of stuff wrapped around it that varies from distro to distro." "BSD kicks Linux' arse."

"Balrogs have wings." "Balrogs don't have wings."
I don't have my copy of Fellowship with me, but I could have sworn Tolkien described the Balrog in Moria as having "wings of fire" or something like that, with whether those were actual wings or simply a descriptor unclear.
Either way, it is probably the most awesome scene in Fellowship.

Indeed, one of the greatest cinematic (at least fantasy wise) scenes of all time. But yeah, it's a big point of contention amongst the more fanatical middle earth persons as to whether the wings (based on the books, not movies) are real, are illusionary, or even if a balrog can just choose to have them or not. Balrogs, being maia, may well have the ability to control their shape to some extent.

EDIT: one more...

MUDs are better than MUSHes

I'll add an entry of my own…
(…)anti-Semitism? Hmmm, I thought ISIS, Hamas and Hezbollah were Semites.
Will people ever catch on?
-------------------------------------​
"GIF sounds like JIF peanut butter." "No, just no. It has a hard G like, golly, GRAPHICS."
Exactly! Haven't you ever heard of the gifs that keep on giving?
VRWCAgent said:
"Linux isn't really an OS, it's just a kernel with a bunch of stuff wrapped around it that varies from distro to distro."
*Places middle finger and thumb on bridge of nose for a few seconds, then sighs softly, wearily*
android is the best variant of linux
Wat you say? wat is this i don't even

you die, gringo!

Indeed, one of the greatest cinematic (at least fantasy wise) scenes of all time.
I'll have to disagree with you on that. I vastly prefer the opening charge of the Battle of the Pelennor.

"One of" being the key thing there. The trilogy was loaded with them, and yes the charge of the rohirrim was one of them.

And he ate sugar, too.

Don't you mean "Hermy-own"?

Goku SUCKS

That's all that I could think of, atm. Please don't hurt me too hard, DBZ fans.

TBH, Firefly only deserved one season.

The Alien movies just keep getting better and better with each new release.

Why would Chekov need a gun when he had those awesome psi powers.

My favourite sci-fi book? I love all three LoTR novels, but The Silmarillion
is easily the best of the three.

Southland was way edgier than The Wire.

Janeway and Sisko were both great captains, but the best decision by Star
Trek producers was to replace Shatner with MacGuyver.

Last edited:
Captain Kirk is the best Jedi Ever!

Top Bottom