Orbis 1.0 Bug Thread

(patch a)

Hyborem have a few icons that are wrong/pink. The Spearman icon is green text with the name inside. the icon to pick up the crown of akharien is pink.

Also I think I remember the icon that pops up on the final stage of armageddon being pink.

I'm playing as the infernals, and barbarians keep pushing my units around without killing them. A particularly perplexing occurrence is that a barbarian wolf rider has pushed my archer out of a city, and is now sitting in my city without capturing it.

It may have something to do with my having Nox Noctis.

edit, that's what it is, units in cities aren't being revealed automatically.

edit2, actually, its still happening even when archers in cities have cast reveal.

Ice Elementals are making very funny sounds when attacking/defending ;)

Are :hammers:/:food: from trade routes supposed to appear somewhere on city screen ? I have two 3 :commerce: routes and I'm running tolls, so I should get some, shouldn't I ? Or maybe they're just not appearing anywhere ?

EDIT: Oh, it's 25%, not 35% :) Thanks, Valkrionn :)

Most icons are small, why are some big?

I'm running Orbis on a Windows XP platform with a Pentium 4, 1.5 GB of RAM, and a Radeon HD4600 series graphics card.

I'm not certain if it is a problem with Orbis or just with my machine, but since patch A I have been occasionally getting an "out of memory" graphics glitch that causes a CTD with a runtime exception. The error seems related to DirectX 9.0c code; either in DirectX itself or in the code that Civ4 uses to interact with it.

Like I said, though, it could just be a problem on this end. I'm updating my graphics drivers to see if that fixes the problem. I'll report back with my findings.

For my earlier report about mixed up demon graphics, I think it was demonic (barbarian ones) units.

In my present game, my goblin workers can take elemental ancestry promotion, which allows summoning of elementals. Gobbo elementalists of doom !

Still having issues after driver update.

The text of the error is as follows:

Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings.
File: \main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp Line: 321.

This then causes a Visual C++ runtime error due to abnormal termination.

I would try reducing my graphics, if they hadn't been at their current settings for years without previous problems. It seems likely (to me, at least) that some sort of graphics bug has been introduced either in 1.0 or in patch a. However, if no one else is having problems like this, I'll have to assume the problem is with my system.

Either way, if some other people with XP could test for this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for a great mod! I am not playing other mods anymore and even though vanilla civ is more of a challenge its so simple and ugly compared so stopped playing it. :S

Anyhow few bugs:
:cry:Crusaders have no icon on map.

:cry:There is no way to claim forts. Even if grab the city next to it an my cultural borders expand i dont get the ownership. And if i move units inside it nothing happens either. WTB claim fort button again. Hm i know remembered reading somewhere that we now need melee or archers to claim them. And yes that worked...
:cry:The Old one priest are not casting tidal wave or tsunami or whats its called. They where all defending the pirate ports and become easy targets for my fleet.

Thanks for a great mod!

/I wasted 2 years of my life playing WoW, when i could have been playing civ.... :king:

Why did the fort commanders get axed?

EDIT1: It just felt wrong to have my archer get plagued from a lab in a griffons nest, also I can't enter world builder, auto CTD
EDIT2: WTF same thing with a hunter and a lions den

One of my friend has his game options changed, so he cannot use the End of Winter challenge... I think it may be the place of theses options wich are different. Is it possible to do something ?

Not sure this is a bug, as i just recently came back to play civ/orbis/ffh. i removed my old install of orbis and installed the new 1.0+patch a, and now all my units are being build with hammers and food? is this intended? i could not find any report of this here, so i thought i would post it.

If you are running the survival civic (default starting civic in one category), all units are built with food.

Also, there are still a number of pink square buttons in 1.0a such as release from cage.

Sup guys,

With the Artifact "Holy Handgrenade"..the option to take the item either from the ground or another unit is a pink square.

Also, I have been getting the "bad memory allocation" bug as well. It has to be a graphic bug because the game does not lag at all. It seems to be completely random. Im gonna start playing on the smallest maps and work up to see if I can find a pattern. Its frustrating because I like how this mod is set up and I want to play it out.

One of my friend has his game options changed, so he cannot use the End of Winter challenge... I think it may be the place of theses options wich are different. Is it possible to do something ?

After starting game it's not possible, I'm afraid. Before game,you can reset them with 'play now' option - just start a game.
Also, in case of ongoing game, you can enter WB, save game as a worldbuilder save and then load it using 'custom game' option. This way you can select new options.

Also, I have been getting the "bad memory allocation" bug as well. It has to be a graphic bug because the game does not lag at all. It seems to be completely random. Im gonna start playing on the smallest maps and work up to see if I can find a pattern. Its frustrating because I like how this mod is set up and I want to play it out.

What machine and OS are you using ? In this case RAM and OS are important.

Hi I have installed the soundpack and get background music but all the diplomacy music sounds like 2 thunderbolts. So when a diplomacy window opens for all the diffrent people i get the sound: zoom zoom. This is strange... Anyone else with this problem or should i just try to reinstall Orbis?

Top Bottom