Orion's Grand Inquisition

I can't explain why aiFinalYields[iJ] = 0 resulted in a CTD. What I do know is that I pinpointed the SDK failure to one of those two lines. My SDK fix was the only thing that worked to allow the game to continue.

Yeah, but you didn't even rule out aiFinalYields[iJ] being 0.
If aiFinalYields[iJ] = 0, you simply don't divide it by 2. So you still keep it at 0, just don't return a new 0 value to it with that operator.

This is very strange to me, I have no idea why would it work this way, under any circumstances.
It's some kind of relief that it's not something obvious that I misunderstood, as you don't have any ideas about the cause of this either.
Thanks for your time, it was still useful to me!

TSL = True Start Location

Hmmm. This is how I would approach the coding for a Civ4 based True Start Location (TSL) for a Giant Earth Map (GEM).

1. Obtain a GEM with no starting locations.

2. Obtain the Capital city name for each civ and record the names in a Python table.

3. Get the X,Y coordinates for where each Capital City would be placed on the GEM and record those coordinates in the Python table.

4. Run a function to place the starting locations for each civ selected for a custom game.

5. Save the resulting GEM as a scenario.

6. Open the saved scenario and play.

There might be a better way. I will discuss this with the historian and see what we can do.

I'd appreciate that, thank you. I've tried similar to what you've describe above, but I keep getting python exceptions. I'll wait until you can get back to me. No major rush.

I m playing as Arabia. I built a quinquirreme, when it appears a CTD occurs.

Last time before another CTD i saw some dark beams centered at the quinquirreme.

Any sugestions?

I m playing as Arabia. I built a quinquirreme, when it appears a CTD occurs.

Last time before another CTD i saw some dark beams centered at the quinquirreme.

Any sugestions?

OK you have my attention, but I have to ask some obvious questions:

Did you use the rar file or did you use the executable to load the mod?

If you used the executable, then did you download and install the FPK art file into the assets folder?

If not its going to fail.

Note: The Quinquereme unit graphics were updated in version 3.08A, so I'm concerned about this being caused by some other issue.

The link to your image did not work.

Update: Just played Arabia and built the quinquereme unit. I moved it out of the city and had no issue.

So my next question is what kind of computer are you using? Please specify CPU, RAM and Video card memory.

gforce gtx 960m
i5-4210H
16gb RAM

I Downloaded the rar 309, i use to play many mods. recently i had the black tiles bug on "quot majesty" mod. but this one, on specific units, never

gforce gtx 960m
i5-4210H
16gb RAM

I Downloaded the rar 309, i use to play many mods. recently i had the black tiles bug on "quot majesty" mod. but this one, on specific units, never

I downloaded your saved game file and played the round. The new Quinquereme unit had no issues and moved normally on my system. No CTD. I even killed the pirate ship with the Quinquereme.

This leads me to believe you have some kind of graphics issue on your computer.

Do you have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed?

Not too long ago there was a graphics issue solved by turning on "Animations Frozen" in the Options Menu.

You might want to give that a try. If that solves your problem, then you need to check the shaders setting for your graphics card and make sure the shader cache is turned on. If you can set a shader value, then try 1.1. Hopefully adjusting the shaders settings will allow you to turn off the "Animations Frozen" menu option.

I tried everything: lowest res possible, with all graphical options turned off.
Reinstalled civilization and mod
Tried to play wth the integrated gpu

Nothing works, is it possible windows 10 might be the issue here?

I tried everything: lowest res possible, with all graphical options turned off.
Reinstalled civilization and mod
Tried to play wth the integrated gpu

Nothing works, is it possible windows 10 might be the issue here?

I have Windows 7 and used the following instructions for the installation of Civ4, Warlords and BTS: Including the patches.

My Installation path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=408537

Try the procedure, which has been confirmed to work with Windows 10.

Make sure you follow the procedure step by step.

Then try running OGI 3.09.

my was always c:/jogos/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete

I m going to give up, this bug its to much for my low lvl of informatics.

Thanks for all the help and patience. Good luck.

by the way, i got a crash dump file, would it be usefull anyway?

my was always c:/jogos/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete

I m going to give up, this bug its to much for my low lvl of informatics.

Thanks for all the help and patience. Good luck.

by the way, i got a crash dump file, would it be usefull anyway?

The log files would be better. However, I'm sure you have an installation/graphics issue. Don't give up. Persistence pays off and you will be much happier in the end.

hi,

great work man!
have you ever think about having unit per tile(choose number) like a new dawn mod?

thanks in advance.

hi,

great work man!
have you ever think about having unit per tile(choose number) like a new dawn mod?

thanks in advance.

Thanks for the complement.

Why limit the game to an arbitrary number of units per tile? In OGI, you can have as many or as few units on a tile that you want.

hi,
to be honest “stack of doom” is a common cause to not play civ iv for lot of players.
there is no strategy point on “stack of doom” .
i think the best option was on call to power 1 and 2, but thi is my idea.

thank you for your anwser, keep up the good work.

Top Bottom