Orions Mod Collection

You will be happy to know that I have successfully added the Water Animals Mod into Grand Inquisitions ver 256. I was able to do it using only one python file. :smug: Expect it, when I release ver 256.

After careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that King Richards Crusade is not realistic. The Crusader is an individual war fighter, not a siege unit (i.e. a machine or weapon). According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, "The Crusades were expeditions undertaken, in fulfilment of a solemn vow, to deliver the Holy Places from Mohammedan tyranny. " In other words, Crusaders do the work of Inquisitors, (i.e. purge cities of all non-state religions), only they do it by war. Therefore, I am going to redesign the Crusader to act as a war fighter and a unit that can purge all non-state religions from a captured city. The crusader will be much more powerful than an inquisitor. Thus, after capturing and purging a city, the crusader unit will not be deleted, as the Inquisitor is used up. This change will be far more historically correct and will give those who seek a religious victory, much more incentive to build the wonder.

Sounds a little bit like The_J's "Warriors of God" mod. It has two units a Monk which would spread its religion the city if it successfully defended the city from attack. The other is a Fanatic which was not a pacifist like the Monk. Both got extra exp from the state religion buildings in the city where they were built. They could only be built in cities with the state religion.

Sounds a little bit like The_J's "Warriors of God" mod. It has two units a Monk which would spread its religion the city if it successfully defended the city from attack. The other is a Fanatic which was not a pacifist like the Monk. Both got extra exp from the state religion buildings in the city where they were built. They could only be built in cities with the state religion.

But dont change it too much, i like the free units, just popping up every now and then, well worth it just for that.

From everything I've read, a crusader is a religious fanatic, i.e. they have zero tolerance for other religions. They believe it is God's will to kill. If you remember the movie, "The Kindom of Heaven," one muslim fanatic said, "To kill an infadel is not a sin, but the path to heaven." What a perfect example of religious intolerance.

From everything I've read, a crusader is a religious fanatic, i.e. they have zero tolerance for other religions.

Sorry, when I posted I could not remember exactly what The_J's fanatic did but, after checking, it is almost exactly what you are proposing for the Crusader. The Monk represents the other type of fanatic the one which wont fight since fighting/killing is a sin.

Sorry, when I posted I could not remember exactly what The_J's fanatic did but, after checking, it is almost exactly what you are proposing for the Crusader. The Monk represents the other type of fanatic the one which wont fight since fighting/killing is a sin.

I'll check it out. Do you know which mod includes the Fanatic? Found it in Warriors of God.

Update of Orion's Grand Inquisitions to ver 2.55A

I have posted a significant update to OGI. Here are the updates/changes made to Version 255A:

1. Fixed 8 OGI graphical errors discovered by CivChecker

2. Fixed 4 Stock BTS graphical errors discovered by CivChecker

3. SUMMARY: 0 missing art files and 0 undefined symbols found

4. Added Great Doctor Art provided by Roamty

5. Added Water Animals mod by TheLopez

6. New Water Animals:

...A. The Kraken (Giant Octopus)

...B. The Loch Ness Monster (Sea Dragon)

7. Updated the Crusader Unit to do the following on a successful city conquest.

...A. Removes non-state Religions and buildings. 100% chance!

...B. Pillages "extra" Gold from infadels. 250 gold more than what the Inquisitor gets.

...C. Removes 2 population points on City. This simulates the ruthless massacre of non-belivers.

...D. Spawns every few turns (based onwnership of King Richard's Crusade Wonder, era and game speed)

very nice friend.

keep at it.

ohhh weee i wasnt aware your mod became so large,
i gotta say well done - bbai, unique features - wonderful!
i know i asked you before - but - do you think your mod will work under multi player?
or maybe you know which mod packs you created will work on mp? like combined forces?

ohhh weee i wasnt aware your mod became so large,
i gotta say well done - bbai, unique features - wonderful!
i know i asked you before - but - do you think your mod will work under multi player?
or maybe you know which mod packs you created will work on mp? like combined forces?

Unique features: Yes. I wanted to install unique and historically correct new units, buildings and wonders. I spent many hours discussing individual features and capabilities with a history buff and military expert. The result is a mod that I am sure will catch on in popularity. By the way... Watch out for those water animals, land mines, naval mines and siege towers. They will surprise your units with sudden destruction. :groucho:

Multiplayer: As for my individual mod packs, they should all work in multiplayer. I played a Grand Inquisitions multiplayer game last Thanksgiving and everything worked OK in Multiplayer. I don't believe anything that was added since then will break multiplayer. So start a multiplayer game and have fiun! :cool:

Mod packs and Components: You should know that Grand Inquisitions has tweaked the settings for many of the sub mods I have previously published. There was a specific formula, I used for determining cost and prerequisites. The result makes them come available at the appropriate times and for a realistic cost.

Buttons fix for Resources, Sevopedia screens I made replacements for for 5 of them,
main screen move and center for button on right of screen, new Res fonts, fix spy and underground water feature buttons, and 1 module added its a monster fish I was testing out Modules.
From time to time I fix other Buttons if it ok with you, so your mod real look Great its only eye candy but its does make a mod look cool.

This is my Thankyou for you added in the Water Animals Mod I wish you all the best

Orion,

Some things Ive noticed in the first game Im playing:

Longbowmen - Not receiving any exp from barracks, archery range, or vassalage civic.
Not sure if other units are affected yet.

Slingers - Are these meant to be melee units?

Ark of the Covenant Wonder - has +1000 culture per turn. is this intended.
Oracle has +16 culture per turn.

Siege Towers for early barbarians - These guys appear early. Unless you have copper or iron early as well, these units can spell doom for you. They are str 8 with city attack which makes them very hard to get rid of with str 3 archers, str 4 slingers, str 5 axes, etc. Maybe move them up an era?

I've attached a save game for you to check out. I will continue the game and see what else comes up.

Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• Jennvare Grand 2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    161.2 KB · Views: 49
OrionVeteran,

thanks for the answers my friend.

ill finish my current game in my mod - and start one with this - im really anxious to see the mines and the rest in action!

as for popularity - maybe you should do like i did - give your md a new name -
i for instance didnt know grand inquisition have so many things in it, like bbai, aviation and so on,
a thread with pictures, and a list of included stuff - just like you did in the download database of grand inq'.
just a thought.
most of all - keep at it after ill play some ill write you some feed back i hope.

multiplayer - really - thats surprising - most python stuff i know to cause oos, thats makes me happy, when m friend will wanna play ill know i got this baby to play with.

cheers,
your keldath friend.

Longbowmen - Not receiving any exp from barracks, archery range, or vassalage civic.

Longbowmen should receive two promotions: One from the barracks and one from the archery range.

Slingers - Are these meant to be melee units?

Interesting that you brought this up. Slingers are Melee units that have the capability to hurl a projectile. I was going to make the slinger a ranged unit, but decided against it in favor of giving the unit a strength value of 4. I felt this value along with the way the graphics work, was more effective and realistic, rather than giving Slingers ranged bombardment capability.

Ark of the Covenant Wonder - has +1000 culture per turn. Is this intended? Oracle has +16 culture per turn.

No. It should read 10 not 1000. :blush: Good catch.

Siege Towers for early barbarians - These guys appear early. Unless you have copper or iron early as well, these units can spell doom for you. They are str 8 with city attack which makes them very hard to get rid of with str 3 archers, str 4 slingers, str 5 axes, etc. Maybe move them up an era?

Yes! Siege Towers provide a whole new prospective to the early game. You need to understand how the Siege Tower works: The purpose of building a Siege Tower is to breach the city walls of a defending city. The siege tower is kind of like an Inquisitor unit, as it is used up after an attack. If the Siege tower attack on a city is successful, the Siege Tower will eliminate one unit and then self destruct. If the Siege tower attack is unsuccessful, it still self destructs. So the Siege Tower unit is lost either way. It is an expensive unit to produce and therefore, very powerful. It is the only unit you can build, in the ancient age, that is lethal. Although the Siege tower is lethal, it can only take out 1 unit, if it is successful. The AI knows how to build and use the barbarian Siege tower. So you must fight them off. How? By building the Oil tower and the Balista. The oldest known siege towers were used by the armies of the Neo-Assyrian Empire in the 9th century BC. This is clearly the ancient era. So moving them up an era would not be historically correct.

Longbowmen should receive two promotions: One from the barracks and one from the archery range.

When I build a longbowmen, they do not have any promotions or experience upon creation. This seems to affect just them since crossbows and all other units get their experience normally.

Yes! Siege Towers provide a whole new prospective to the early game. You need to understand how the Siege Tower works: The purpose of building a Siege Tower is to breach the city walls of a defending city. The siege tower is kind of like an Inquisitor unit, as it is used up after an attack. If the Siege tower attack on a city is successful, the Siege Tower will eliminate one unit and then self destruct. If the Siege tower attack is unsuccessful, it still self destructs. So the Siege Tower unit is lost either way. It is an expensive unit to produce and therefore, very powerful. It is the only unit you can build, in the ancient age, that is lethal. Although the Siege tower is lethal, it can only take out 1 unit, if it is successful. The AI knows how to build and use the barbarian Siege tower. So you must fight them off. How? By building the Oil tower and the Balista. The oldest known siege towers were used by the armies of the Neo-Assyrian Empire in the 9th century BC. This is clearly the ancient era. So moving them up an era would not be historically correct.

Hmm...ok..good to know. I will keep this in mind. May save me from throwing slingers away at it. Do these units pillage improvements? I was worried about that as well.

Futher feedback:

I've gotten to the industrial era of my game and can see more of my AI's in game. There a couple of things I've noticed;

Does the AI know how to use the "Plant Corn/Wheat,Rice" ? With six enemy civs that I can see, none of them seems to use this. I started using it from the start and my civ exploded in size quickly. For 10 gold apiece, why wouldn't you use it?

When you use these resources, does it overwrite why may already be there? As an early instance, you cannot see iron in the beginning of the game. If I were to plant corn at what I would believe to be just an empty grassland space, would it overwrite the hidden iron deposit? How about with silk, horse, uranium, coal, etc?

Since I've taken such an enormous lead against my opponents, I will probably start a new game shortly. Is there a recommended set of settings I should play this on for more balanced gameplay against the AI? This last game was on Warlord, One continent, standard size map, normal gameplay, with Raging Barbarians.

Hope this helps with any fine tuning.

When I build a longbowmen, they do not have any promotions or experience upon creation. This seems to affect just them since crossbows and all other units get their experience normally.

I will see if I can duplicate your longbowmen problem. :hmm:

Does the AI know how to use the "Plant Corn/Wheat,Rice" ? When you use these resources, does it overwrite what may already be there? As an early instance, you cannot see iron in the beginning of the game. If I were to plant corn at what I would believe to be just an empty grassland space, would it overwrite the hidden iron deposit? How about with silk, horse, uranium, coal, etc?

Yes. The AI knows how to plant crops and seems to favor corn. The downside is any hidden resource that has not been revealed yet (like Iron), will be replaced by the new crop you plant. So your decision to plant is a strategic choice. You must choose wisely. :think:

Since I've taken such an enormous lead against my opponents, I will probably start a new game shortly. Is there a recommended set of settings I should play this on for more balanced gameplay against the AI? This last game was on Warlord, One continent, standard size map, normal gameplay, with Raging Barbarians.

Warlord is really too easy and makes for a good practice game. I suggest using the "Noble" and "Marathon" settings for a more balanced gameplay experience. :cool:

Buttons fix for Resources, Sevopedia screens I made replacements for for 5 of them,
main screen move and center for button on right of screen, new Res fonts, fix spy and underground water feature buttons, and 1 module added its a monster fish I was testing out Modules.
From time to time I fix other Buttons if it ok with you, so your mod real look Great its only eye candy but its does make a mod look cool.

This is my Thankyou for you added in the Water Animals Mod I wish you all the best

All of your graphics updates add a touch of claass to the mod. Expect them to appear in the next update. Thanks.

The monster fish is interesting. You named it a Leviathan. Actually a Leviathan is thought to be a plesiosaur, not a fish. It would be cool if someone could develop the graphics for a plesiosaur. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Plesiosaur.JPG
    Plesiosaur.JPG
    4.2 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom