Orions Mod Collection

@Roamty
Tried that and didn't work, HOWEVER I booted from Win7 Ultimate into XP Pro and whoohoo it works great. I'll try in Win7 changing the compatibility mode to XP Pro and see what happens.

Ah Ha! It was a Windows operating system compatibility issue. Hope you enjoy the mod. You will have even more wonders and resources to choose from when I release ver 255B. I even solved the longbowman promotion issue. I have several more things to add and discuss with the historian before its released. So, have fun with version 255A for a while.

Ah Ha! It was a Windows operating system compatibility issue. Hope you enjoy the mod. You will have even more wonders and resources to choose from when I release ver 255B. I even solved the longbowman promotion issue. I have several more things to add and discuss with the historian before its released. So, have fun with version 255A for a while.

255b to be released soon I hope.

i have tried every known setting in compatibility mode, updated graphics drivers, etc.. and it still crashes in Win7 Ultimate. Any ideas for me?

Will 255B fix the Operationg system problem? It seems like a huge hassle to get my latop to run on XP just for a single mod..

255b to be released soon I hope.

i have tried every known setting in compatibility mode, updated graphics drivers, etc.. and it still crashes in Win7 Ultimate. Any ideas for me?

There is the guaranteed way to insure 100% compatibility, but you might not like the answer. Buy a new hard drive and install a copy of Windows XP. Then install Civ4, Warlords and Beyond the Sword. However, there may be another option I am not aware of to get Win7 Ultimate to work correctly in compatibility mode. Your system may have a problem with the operating system and all it needs is a fresh install to fix it. Lacking that I would hunt the forums for the answer, as I'm sure you are not the first one to have this problem.

Will 255B fix the Operationg system problem? It seems like a huge hassle to get my latop to run on XP just for a single mod..

Yes, but we know the mod works with Windows XP. I'm sure the time it takes for you to set up a system, will be far less than the 2 years I spent developing the mod. The question is: How bad do you want it? Then again, Cripp7 could have a problem with his operating system and all it needs is a fresh install to fix it. I'd be curious to know if the mod works on your system.

There is the guaranteed way to insure 100% compatibility, but you might not like the answer. Buy a new hard drive and install a copy of Windows XP. Then install Civ4, Warlords and Beyond the Sword. However, there may be another option I am not aware of to get Win7 Ultimate to work correctly in compatibility mode. Your system may have a problem with the operating system and all it needs is a fresh install to fix it. Lacking that I would hunt the forums for the answer, as I'm sure you are not the first one to have this problem.

AACCKK:cry: doing a fresh install would be a nightmare, i'll try it out in a VM with virtualbox and see what happens.

Yes, but we know the mod works with Windows XP. I'm sure the time it takes for you to set up a system, will be far less than the 2 years I spent developing the mod. The question is: How bad do you want it? Then again, Cripp7 could have a problem with his operating system and all it needs is a fresh install to fix it. I'd be curious to know if the mod works on your system.

Well thats the thing, it'll take me alot longer than two years, because its impossible on my system due to running home premium and not professional, therefore you can't set up a VM to run XP mode. :/

Edit: If you could be so kind to link me to a working module of WoC or DCM it'd be great because i cant get this to run and no matter what I do or where I go, I can't get either of those, atleast the most updated versions. Like with WoC, I get linked to some sourceforge site where I get a DL speed of a whole 12kb/s and the download cuts off after like 10 seconds. I just want to play this game with updated combat rules like bombardments and the unit stack attacks and such, but I can't find a working mod that supports those, which is very frustrating because I'm very competant in modding, considering I helped create some of the biggest mods for Morrowind and have modded almost every PC game I've ever gotten.

Well thats the thing, it'll take me alot longer than two years, because its impossible on my system due to running home premium and not professional, therefore you can't set up a VM to run XP mode. :/

Edit: If you could be so kind to link me to a working module of WoC or DCM it'd be great because i cant get this to run and no matter what I do or where I go, I can't get either of those, atleast the most updated versions. Like with WoC, I get linked to some sourceforge site where I get a DL speed of a whole 12kb/s and the download cuts off after like 10 seconds. I just want to play this game with updated combat rules like bombardments and the unit stack attacks and such, but I can't find a working mod that supports those, which is very frustrating because I'm very competant in modding, considering I helped create some of the biggest mods for Morrowind and have modded almost every PC game I've ever gotten.

Did you try Roamty's suggestion on post 239?

Roamty,

Could you add the following resource, Oranges, to the Gamefont tga files?

Oranges be at 107 in the gamefont tga, I made two buttons for orange.
Orangeb is the one I work with when I make a new button I use the black background not the blue your choice both work in the game. PS good luck with the mod, I'am just a copy paste person wish I new how to change or make Python files. One question how did you make the sdk dll. I try with CodeBlocks added some things to it but with CodeBlocks and any mod that has BUG files in it I can not make a dll. But with all others Dlls that do not have BUG BAT BULL in their sdk files I can make my own new sdk dll no problem. Did you used C++ 2005 Express Edition or C++ 2008 Express Edition to make your dll. One day I'am going to try making dlls with C++ 2005 Express Edition that has BUG BAT BULL in their sdk files but I'am not sure how to set it up.

Oranges be at 107 in the gamefont tga, I made two buttons for orange.
Orangeb is the one I work with when I make a new button I use the black background not the blue your choice both work in the game. PS good luck with the mod, I'am just a copy paste person wish I new how to change or make Python files. One question how did you make the sdk dll. I try with CodeBlocks added some things to it but with CodeBlocks and any mod that has BUG files in it I can not make a dll. But with all others Dlls that do not have BUG BAT BULL in their sdk files I can make my own new sdk dll no problem. Did you used C++ 2005 Express Edition or C++ 2008 Express Edition to make your dll. One day I'am going to try making dlls with C++ 2005 Express Edition that has BUG BAT BULL in their sdk files but I'am not sure how to set it up.

I used MS Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and had to make several changes to the Makefile. Thanks for the Oranges.

I have added the following and all are working: :king:

New resources:

Rabbits
Bison
Oranges
Sea Minerals

Improvements: I like this one.

Sea Factory (Constructed by a Workboat, which gets consumed)

New Techs:

Language
Empirical Discovery
MARTIAL ARTS
INFORMATION GATHERING
SPYING
ESPIONAGE
CYBER WARFARE

New Wonders: Complete with movie files.

Theory of Relativity
Tower of Babel
Galileo's Telescope
Gutenburg Bible
Leavenworth
Magna Carta
Westerkerk
Spy Satellite
Code of Hammurabi
Automobile
Lindbergh

New Buildings:

Spy Camp
Safe House
Spy School
Spy Academy

New AI Units: Watch out! These AI units will attack you.

Crocodile
King Cobra
Mammoth
Rhinoceros
Scorpion
Water Spout (A tornado at sea)

Other Units to Train:

P3 Orion (Sub Hunter)
P38
Flame Thrower
Ninja Assassin
Commando

New Civilizations:

The HUNS
The Trojans

New Leaderheads: Every leaderhead in the game will get 3 traits instead of 2!

AGAMEMNON
ATTILA
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
DALAI LAMA
DIDO
GWBUSH
HECTOR
KENNEDY
MANMOHAN SINGH
MARTIM AFONSO DE SOUSA
NEBUCHADNEZZAR
POCAHONTAS
RUGA
XERXES
ZENOBIA

New Sounds:
Added sound files for all new tech quotes.

Added python expansion mod to insure the AI is not a push over. Now I find myself in 2 wars that are difficult to defend and the AI is keeping pace with my rapid growth.

I'm still contemplating a few more unique items. Discussions with the history buff continues.

Sounds like you've been busy...what else, if anything , is getting added to255B?

Yes. I've been very busy. I'm looking at adding more new techs, wonders and units. The conversion graphics for Oranges took 4 days to figure out before I finally got it right. I have a lot of respect for those who make our graphics for Civ4.

I have Vista, and it crashes here too

>Ah Ha! It was a Windows operating system compatibility issue. Hope you >enjoy the mod. You will have even more wonders and resources to choose >from when I release ver 255B. I even solved the longbowman promotion issue. >I have several more things to add and discuss with the historian before its >released. So, have fun with version 255A for a while.

Top Bottom