OT: I must confess my sin

What shall I endure for my crime?

• Sash without trial!

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Life emprisonnement with a possible liberation in 25 years.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I shall be deported to Irak! (please no...)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I had to install Windows and find all drivers... so I already paid enough...

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

Trabpukcip

Agent of Doom
I must confess my sin, I bought PeeSea... I betrayed the mac community. And only to play C3C.

For my defence I must say that I didn't paid it all. My borther and my dad contributed ( mostly my dad ;) ). So I needed to know what will be my sentence...

I voted "you paid enough", but you've actually only paid the first installment, and you'll go on paying until 2050 AD, or whenever the Conquests game ends these days.

That's one expensive game machine!

Fret not Trabpukcip, you're family here. Fortunately for me, my PC laptop is school issue and maintained by the school's tech deparment. Let's do some PBEM, eh?

I'd have chosen one of the first three answers but then you're going to raise C3C-PC-sells and thus increasing the chances for a Mac-port, so you came away with "already paid enough". ;)

I'm contemplating doing the same...I'm a loyal Mac Civer, but do have a PC laptop at my disposal (from work) and although I'm concerned with my productivity plumeting, I'm more concerned with which version to buy...so confusing...Gold, Conquest, PTW...

If you all had a PC available to you, I know you'd do the same...so which one do I get? I know the PTW requires the orig. CIV III...

Originally posted by PRIMEMOVER
If you all had a PC available to you, I know you'd do the same
Wrong! If I had a PeeCee at my disposal I'd do just that ... dispose of it!

Originally posted by PRIMEMOVER
I'm contemplating doing the same...I'm a loyal Mac Civer, but do have a PC laptop at my disposal (from work) and although I'm concerned with my productivity plumeting, I'm more concerned with which version to buy...so confusing...Gold, Conquest, PTW...

If you all had a PC available to you, I know you'd do the same...so which one do I get? I know the PTW requires the orig. CIV III...

Get Conquests, because it comes w/ PTW aready added on. Of course, you'll need Civ3 loaded to run COnquests.

Yeah! conquest is really worth it's price. I didn't had time to play much yet, but so far it's nearly doubling the fun!

But more on the topic of the thread... I'm amazed to see that I still got my head attached! But I think you should all know that I'm tiping these word on my good old mac and that I don't plan on giving it up any soon, it's so much better at doing anything else then gaming...

Those damn PC cases make better hamster cages than enclosers. I've seen better stuff come out of my dog..(j/k)

Hey ,Trab,
so far I haven't dare to buy a pissee, but in the most black part of my soul, sometimes I dream to play ALL the patches and add-ons and editors and PTW's and Conquest's and Civ 3.1416 of the world.
So be blessed my son.:satan:

A POX on you I say!! Oh wait, you bought a PC? That means a pox will be on to you soon enough. Make sure you buy protection for that thing if you take it out on the net! Does Trojan sell software protection or only hardware protection?

Forgive me, for I have sinned. I too have recently purchased a PeeCee. I was lured in by the lack of Civ patches/expansions and some very cool looking MMORPGs. I received a large lump sum, that I had originally intended to use on a top-of-the-line G4 or maybe the new G5. However, the mecenaries of the Great Satan (a.k.a. my roommates) tempted me with games and cool things galore. I resisted as best as I coul;d, but was drawn in by an Alienware PeeCee with a 21" Trinitron monitor. I am now awaiting C3C from Amazon.

I think that buying a PC is punishment enough ;) ...

God is of course a Mac user... Adam and Eve were tempted
by an Apple in the Garden of Eden Computer Store.

You should be deported to Iraq!!! Where, most likely, no Macs are available and no Mac assistance does exist... and, most important thing of all: no PC assistance will be available (and you will miss it!) Ah! Ah! Ah!

Anyway, I think that using (or even just owning) a Winzozz (Italian "bad" Mac-slang) is a fair enough punishment.
I must use a PC at work but I prefer to stick to basic CivIII than buying a PC for home (this is a battle I'm fighting with my son and wife who keep saying they want "compatibility" with his playmates and her teaching schoolwork)

Hasta la victoria siempre!
:rocket:

Originally posted by Startaff
You should be deported to Iraq!!! Where, most likely, no Macs are available and no Mac assistance does exist... and, most important thing of all: no PC assistance will be available (and you will miss it!) Ah! Ah! Ah!

Anyway, I think that using (or even just owning) a Winzozz (Italian "bad" Mac-slang) is a fair enough punishment.
I must use a PC at work but I prefer to stick to basic CivIII than buying a PC for home (this is a battle I'm fighting with my son and wife who keep saying they want "compatibility" with his playmates and her teaching schoolwork)

Hasta la victoria siempre!
:rocket:

Hey Startsaff, I recommend you purchase a copy of Office Mac for your wife. Its Microsfot word written for Macintosh. I teach school also, and it is all I need. In fact, a student / teacher copy is sold which costs a tad less than the standard release. I believe I last saw it on Amazon.com for 129.99. It'd make a great gift, much better than jewelry. ;) Once the wife is placated, the son is marginalized, then you can tell him, "Hey, I'd think you'd just be glad to be alive." :D

Dear dojoboy,
if only it was so simple!
I do already have Office for Mac and lots of other useful SW.
Unfortunately, here in Italy Macs have a smaller share than in US and ALL public/state/region/etc. institutions are OBLIGED to use Wincrapsw (not counting that lots of free SW you find in magazines usually is W... only)
Consequently... she keeps saying: "I can't run this and that on the Mac!"

For an old (since Mac Plus) Apple-lover it's a harsh life.
But faith sustains me!

Ciao

Trab, So your mac life has just stopped right here. There is no come-back. Even for civ.3 you just are in the Bill Gates's stomach.:cry:

Originally posted by Trabpukcip
No I'm not... I still work with my mac daily and I'm already starting to save money for a futur G5...

Proofs! We want proofs!

Post a photo of you and your working Mac, together with a copy of today's newspaper!

Top Bottom