Other dual-civ leaders you think would be interesting

Some folks are clamoring for Wu Zetian to make a return. If that were the case, she could easily be a dual leader for both China and Vietnam.

Henri I as King of Poland = Henri III as King of France.

Sure, he was a mediocre King (the famous King in spite of himself), but he clearly fulfill the fact that he's been the leader of two different countries not at the same time.

Mediocre? Perhaps you are refering to his reign in France. As the Polish king he was beyond horrible - for a year he basicly did nothing else than party and hunt, and then he fled to France never to return. Making him a leader of the Polish civilization would be ludicrous.

I really wish the devs had made Frederick lead the HRE instead of Germany

Nah, I prefer "Holy Roman Emperor" as a title rather than as a civ name.

EDIT: There are potential leaders for Austria and Bohemia who were Holy Roman Emperors. Many earlier Holy Roman Emperors like Freddy also held the title king of Germany anyway.

Edward III for England and France :p

On a more serious note, I think it'd be fun to see Charles V implemented somehow. But if I had to limit to two countries, I'd probably go with Germany and Spain
If they added Austria he would be a perfect dual leader for Spain and Austria

If they added Austria he would be a perfect dual leader for Spain and Austria
There's only one Austrian leader and her name is Maria Theresa. :p

Mediocre? Perhaps you are refering to his reign in France. As the Polish king he was beyond horrible - for a year he basicly did nothing else than party and hunt, and then he fled to France never to return. Making him a leader of the Polish civilization would be ludicrous.

By "mediocre" I was saying "not worthy of anything", especially for his polish reign. I said that more as a joke than anything^^

Hopefully none. It was a gimmick when it was done once; twice is more than enough. I wish instead of Eleanor they had given us Empress Matilda leading England and Germany and left it at that (I'd still welcome Matilda as an English leader at some point in the future--her chief problem is that she has a hard time competing against Elizabeth I. Then again, we've had Victoria twice now, and IMO Matilda's a much better choice than Vicky so...).

Henri I as King of Poland = Henri III as King of France.

Sure, he was a mediocre King (the famous King in spite of himself), but he clearly fulfill the fact that he's been the leader of two different countries not at the same time.
"Mediocre" is putting it mildly considering he was persona non grata in Poland and not much more popular in France. :mischief:

Canute for a leader of England and Norway! Liberate another of the Viking scenario's leaders from their wooden prison!

Alexander leading Greece, Macedon, Persia and Egypt.
(It's a joke please don't kill me)

Wish I could downvote the whole thread, I can't see why people want more leaders with this gimmick.

Alexander leading Greece, Macedon, Persia and Egypt.
(It's a joke please don't kill me)

Jokes aside, that is exactly why the whole idea is awful. Many rulers have given themselves titles in conquered lands to support their legitimacy.

And his power would be to lose control of the territory, and be remembered for his brute oppression, while preferably be seen hanging from a tree?

Making him a leader of the Polish civilization would be ludicrous.
Correct, that's the appeal. Besides, anything which irritates the French must be a good idea, right?

I doubt we'll see Austria, but if we do, having Franz Joseph lead both Austria and Hungary would be sensible. While I do kind of like the one-leader-many-civs thing, it isn't so super cool that it needs to be done more than a few times. After that the novelty will wear off and it just becomes another character model instead of just unlocking leaders from civilizations, like you could do in Civ4.

Margaret I - Denmark, Norway and Sweden
Ptolemy I - Macedon and Egypt
Arsinoe II - Macedon and Egypt
Cnut - England and Denmark
Piye - Nubia and Egypt
Empress Matilda - Germany and England
Charlemagne - France and Germany
James VI and I - Scotland and England
Anne of Brittany - Brittany and France
Babur - Timurids and Mughals
Chand Bibi - Bijapur and Ahmednagar
Simon Bolivar - Colombia, Venezuela, Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador
Maria Theresa - Austria and Hungary
Margaret of Austria - Habsburgs and Netherlands
Mary of Hungary - Habsburgs and Netherlands

I think there should be a DLC with 20 alternative leaders for existing civilizations. Caesar / Trajan = Rome (example)

Add Ireland and give us Elizabeth I. She shouldn't be the first Greatest 5 to miss a game

Top Bottom