Our words are backed............

Dr.Stranglove Or How I Stopped Worrying And Loving the Bomb said:
Dr. Strangelove: Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?
Maybe Olmert should write a book "If we had nuclear weapons". :lol:

Those gloves fit nicely.

Israel's policy of ambiguity over their nuclear abilities is pretty pointless, worthless and past its sell by date. As many have noted in this thread, it's no secret that they are the only Middle Eastern nation with nuclear clout.

The way Mordechai Vanunu was treated over his attempts to breach this pointless policy was quite a bad moral and PR event for Israel. I think they should just give it up.

That Olmert deviated from this policy is no slip of the tongue imho, as per soul-warrior's post.
I also noticed that Olmert couldn't resist playing a bit of emo-blackmail with the Germans either...
Emotional-blackmail indeed. :shake:

I can't believe he keeps going on with these lines. From Turner's linked Reuters report....
In his television interview, Olmert summoned bitter memories of the World War Two killings of six million Jews by the Nazis that dog Israeli ties with Germany, to press his case for Germany to step up measures against Iran's nuclear programme.

The Holocaust carried out by the Nazis "can't be forgiven and forgotten", Olmert said.

He said Germany "may have economic interests (with Iran), but you have much deeper and more fundamental moral obligations to yourselves, your past and your future".

"And no one will be able to avoid it, and get away with it. No-one. Certainly not the German people."

Maybe Olmert should write a book "If we had nuclear weapons". :lol:

Nice one :goodjob:

Is this the first incident where a slip of the tongue tends to reveal Israel has nukes? I would be amazed if for 50 years all of Israel's politicians managed to never make one single blunder.

Israel has more of a Navy than PT boats?
The backbone of the Israeli navy are Sa'ar 3, 4 and 4.5 class missile-boats with a few Sa'ar 5 boats also being available. PT boats also patrol the coasts regularly, as well as about 6 diesel-powered submarines. Plans for purchasing a small, British scale carrier were scrapped when former INI commander Admiral Yedidyah Ya'ari retired, but there are still plans on purchasing a few destroyers - or developing them as an offshoot of the missile carriers.

But they're still the smallest branch of service anyway.

Top Bottom