Ozymandias - (1st Pitboss) Vanilla

drexasaurus

Chieftain
GAME IS FULL!!

I've tested Pitboss On one of my computers and I got it running fine with a successful connection. I would love to run one of my own, as some of the games I've tried to join fizzled out apparently.

Theme: I've never played multiplayer before, and I hope to find other players who haven't had too much MP experience or are looking to improve their game in a easier-going atmosphere, especially for this first game. I'm also testing out my server with other players and in a real game, so I'm keeping it fairly small. Standard world with 4 Humans, 3 AI (after some consideration, I might do five humans, so I can include four humans that ain't me). It's supposed to be an easier-going game to challenge each other and ourselves, like I said, so I'm using a randomized map w-o worrying too much about absolutely equal playing fields. It's in part for fun!

Settings:

IP: 76.81.106.144

Timer: 20 hours
Difficulty: Noble
Map Type: Fractal
Size: Standard
Climate: Temperate
Era: Ancient
Speed: Standard (I usually play epic, but I think this is good to start and meet players)
Game Options: Default
Victories: All, why not.

I'll be willing to experiment more in the future. I'm open to suggestions as long as they don't mess with the feel for what I'm trying to accomplish here. This is a vanilla game, although I have Warlords... I'm just keeping it simple, and I'm even newer to the expansion.

Players:
Me: One of the Indian leaders.
(1) Maydrock: Tokugawa of Japan.
(2) Elvis1985: Random -> Genghis Kahn, Mongolia
(3) Kalven: Catherine of Russia.
(4) Might Dwaarf: Inca

Reserves/Backups: Possibly Forrester SOF and this other guy (not verified)

About Me: I was never a super expert in Civilization, but I was pretty accomplished with Civ II. I got Civilization IV only recently, and am still learning the ropes.

Sign Up: Send me a PM with your email, and what nation you'd like to play. (vanilla)

Additional Rules:

Sign up only if you plan to play to the end. The rule is if you haven't told me about an absence, I have the right to kick you out. I probably won't on the first offense, but I have the right to decide when it's become a problem. This is supposed to be easy going--you don't have to be non-agressive, just don't be a jerk... if your the winner or the loser. That's all.

*edited: Number of human players, added timer setting, included difficulty setting*

Hi Drexasaurus

I Would love to join in (Vanilla 1.61.)
Sign me up for Catherine of the Rusians!
By the way i'm GMT +1 (actually 2 now due to summertime)

The IP is 76.81.106.144. If one of you didn't get a password, please let me know.

The Incan guy is AI until five or six days, where he's certainly welcome to play the Incan leader (I thought i was easier than playing with the save file).

If anyone has problems, let me know.

Yes. I can.

I had an unexpected distraction last night, so I'm sorry I wasn't more helpful. I thought I had contacted everybody. I'm glad it's fixed now, though.

played my 2nd turn.
This is great. just waiting for drexa to play his turn :D

Please tell us when the game will be on civstats.com

Oh it's already on, thanks!

Game is up at civstats, I will play my next turn soon. Registration password same as server

I thought there was a problem too, but I logged in and did a turn, and it seems to have advanced time...

There's something funky going on. See post # 7. I thought I was the last to play that turn as everyone else had stars by their name. But, when I hit enter, it gave me the "waiting on other players..." message.

Should I save the game and reload? I saved the first turn already if the save file would be screwed up already.

Could that program for civstats be causing a problem if it wasn't set up correctly? Anyone gone through something like this before?

The screen on pitboss and the screen on civstats don't match. That's for sure. Maybe I can just try fixing that.

My uploader seemed to shut down on its own. Isn't it supposed to stay up? I'm... going to get to the bottom of this. Promise

Well this is my first Pitboss game, so i don't think i can be much help. I would just like to say that i experence the same thin as you all are mentioning.
Just hope you get it working probely Drexasaurus

You are sure you checked "Simultanius turns"?

My uploader seemed to shut down on its own. Isn't it supposed to stay up? I'm... going to get to the bottom of this. Promise

The civstats uploader should always be running in the background.

There is a PitBoss bug that occasionally delays the turn rollover. When the last player finishes his turn it should quickly rollover to the next year; but sometimes a delay occurs. Sometimes the delay is only a few minutes; I've seen it as long as 11 hours.:sad:

During the delay the host/server will see PitBoss "hanging" with the message "not responding". No need to panic, just wait for it to rollover.

hmm does anyone else see a pattern in civstats?
with the exception of turn 1, the order in which we have finished our turn is always the same. also notice that you see me finish my turn 3rd, and then after drexasaurus plays, you see me end my turn a second time...

:sad: To me it looks a bit like we are not doing simultanius turns. Each time someone (has to be in the right order) hits enter and ends his/her turn the timer resets to 20 h and the next players turn starts! :(
Hope this is not the case.

I don't know how pitboss works, but it might be a sound idea to look it up in the forum :rolleyes:

Happy gaming :D

Top Bottom