Ozymandias - (1st Pitboss) Vanilla

I have a saved game editor. If we're not simulataneous, I'll change it and reload it with the same IP and password etc. (I've already tested it).

Since we're young, I won't worry about having to redo a turn, unless someone wiser objects.

I'm sorry about all the problems and quirks. :(

I have been trying to log on to the game for some hours now, but i can't connect (i'm pretty sure the password is correct)

Can anyone help me? Thanks

I had that problem too, but:

* I saved the game and fixed the simultaneous moves thing (made too many practice games and goof-ups, that must have slipped by). After I did this, I could log on. Reloading must have helped.

* I THINK I got civstats uploader working properly, we'll see if the page looks any better in a few days.

Sorry about the mistake, and I'm sorry about the delay. I need to do these kind of updates in the morning, I decided. Baby sleeps in the same room with the server... and... after he falls asleep I'm afraid to do anything in there! :(

Well i'm at work right now, so i won't be able to do my turn for the next 4 or 5 hours or so. And it seems that a new turn has then started! Damn!! Then i will not be able to finish off Louis and move my scout :)

Dexasaurus; i agree with Maydrock. Do what you have to do (better now then when we get to the middelages to sort out the problem, if there is still a problem that is)

What!? Dear sir didn't you attend the new peace accord? The Frrenchh, are to be only botheered with tanks! Anything ellse, is to triviall of a matter for the Frrenchh to deall with. *sips wine goblet*

Hi guys, you may or may not have noticed that I have taken over the Incans now as I am back from my little holiday jaunt as proposed. Seems the Ai has done an unusually half decent job in my absence. Anyway hello and good luck to all!.

Hi Mighty Dwaarf....And welcome to the game. I'm sure you'll soon turn things around :)

And to Elvis: I guess you have to get up earlier to pop huts around here :mischief:

Things are looking up Drexasaurus. The game seems to be running properly now. Good work :goodjob:

And to all; Remember to have fun!

You built stonehenge for me? Oh, wow, thanks so much!!! My workers were telling me how heavy those little stones were, they said they would much rather sharpen spears.

so nobody knows about civstats the email notification?

The civstats e-mail turn notification has not been working since Overload moved it to a new server. Also he says that he is moving his household soon and predicts significant downtime for civstats.

Your host could set up the in-game e-mail turn notification function.

Enter in your email information in the settings and you will receive an email notification automatically.

Hi
About rules. I found some from GFletch's game. And i think we should use the same (i like the part about no double-turns during wartime).
Let me know what you think :confused:
Here they are:

Spoiler :
1. Missing Turns -- Anyone who misses 3 consecutive turns (which would entail not taking a turn for at least 72 hours) without notifying Drexasaurus that they are going to be away will be replaced by an AI player immediately and then replaced by a human player as soon as it is convenient. Once you have been replaced by a human you will not be able to take your game back.

To notify Drexasaurus of planned absences, i think you should either send him a PM or an email, and you should also rename yourself in the game to 'on holiday' or something like that, in case I miss your email (it's happened in the past). Note that he must have heard from you in some way, it won't be enough to say that you tried, if you rename yourself in the game there's no plausible way to miss it.

2. Consecutive Turns -- It is possible to take a 'double turn' in the game by being the last to finish for one turn and then the first to finish the one after that. This has a positive effect because it speeds the game up, but the downside is that it can be exploited for military advantage by moving twice before your opponent has a chance to react.

So to keep the upside of double turns while eliminating (or at least minimizing) the downside, the rule is that if you are at war with another player (or are about to go to war with them, eg. sneak attacks) then you mustn't take two turns before they've had a chance to take one, or in other words you cannot go after them in one turn and before them in the next.

A player must give his opponant as much time as needed to avoid a double move against him, playing first in the turn only when failure to do so would result in the turn being missed. In the case of sneak attacks or the outbreak of war he should alert his opponant via PM or email.

I think that is fair.

I like the rules too, dealing with double turns. And for missing turns as well.

And lol, I will be more present in the thread and other places soon, I promise. :p

Should be fine, Maydrock.

I never really wished everybody a good game, so while I commend everyone on how the game is going so far (I've been the worst fella' here actually :(, sorry), let me wish everybody luck! Yay! :D

Top Bottom