P-36 Hawk

asioasioasio

Fallout Scrubber
Model around 490 triangles
Three version of textures (just overwrite to get two different version of USA skin and one for Finland and one for France.
Button included
Animated (standard Figter Animations)

Wikipedia:
The Curtiss P-36 Hawk, also know as Curtiss Hawk Model 75, was a U.S.-built fighter aircraft of the 1930s. A contemporary of the Hawker Hurricane and Messerschmitt Bf 109, it was one of the first fighters of the new generation -- sleek monoplanes with extensive use of metal in construction and powerful piston engines. Obsolete at the onset of World War II and best known as the predecessor of the Curtiss P-40, the P-36 saw only limited combat with the United States Army Air Forces but was extensively used by the French Air Force and also by British Commonwealth and Chinese air units. Several dozen also fought in the Finnish Air Force against the Soviet Red Air Force. With around 1,000 aircraft built, the P-36 was a major commercial success for Curtiss.

Download here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7505

Thank you :)
Added French version and button :)

Very cool... and nicely done. The P-36 was a nice plane, though rather antiquated by the start of the war.

@ all Thank you :)

Awesome!

And is that a Finnish version I see? That is just way too cool! No more fighting the Winter War with Polish planes!

Yup (tough it's somehow polish because the modeler and texture creater comes from poland ;) ) There's one more plane in finnish painting - if i remeber well gloster gladiator by nautilus

Very cool... and nicely done. The P-36 was a nice plane, though rather antiquated by the start of the war.

I needed something early-war for 1939 mod - besides it was used from argentina to norway from usa to thailand - it solves the problem of air unit for many coutries

I needed something early-war for 1939 mod - besides it was used from argentina to norway from usa to thailand - it solves the problem of air unit for many coutries
Indeed it does... a welcome unit. I've been using a lot of Gladiators and CR42 Falcos for some of these nations previously, as both were widely exported in the 1930s and 40s.

Well, I did get this one, so here's a temporary link...

I have the US and Finnish versions (didn't bother with the French version).

Attachments

• Fighter_P36.zip
    332.2 KB · Views: 67
Reuploaded :)
Thank you Wolfschanze for temporary link

Top Bottom