Patch 1.74

If I'm reading Gyathaar's post right, you just need to pick up a save, open it in 1.61, enter the admin password, (play+save it?), then open it in 1.74 and lock it again.

This is my one question - do I actually have to play a turn?

Can I just open the current save in 1.61, unlock it, save it without moving, open it in 1.74, lock it, and then save it again without changing anything?

Basically, do I have to make non-reversible moves? Perhaps I will try later tonight just to see if it works...

Heck, even if you needed to make irreversible moves, the team in question should be able to guide you through them.

:blush: Okay, I just opened the most recent save just to see how this all works. I entered the admin password to open the save, but I still don't see where I "unlock" the save. Any help? Should I just contact Gyathaar?

Just to add my 2 cents to the conversation - I don't think it's a good idea to change the stats of a unit in the middle of a game, much less in the middle of a conflict.

if people don't want to do a dual install, then maybe they should switch ot Mac, which won't be patched for a good long time, no doubt :D

:blush: Okay, I just opened the most recent save just to see how this all works. I entered the admin password to open the save, but I still don't see where I "unlock" the save. Any help? Should I just contact Gyathaar?
You delete the text in the password box.. this unlocks the save

you dont have to play a turn

There is really 3 choices here:

1. Don't update to the patch (Epsilon can accomdate this ;) )
2. Update with the patch and so too bad so sad to aloha, but otehr team might also suffer had they been using some otehr exploits... :evil:
3. Update with the patch and mod the cossack back to its previous stats, which will have the same effect and not using the patch since all turn players will have to have a copy of the mod, although won't require the dual install.

I vote #1

what sucks is the changes to units and the game. Think of it from Alohas stand point. By patching, our UU gets demoted, and in essence Piffle gets a bonus during our war. If we werent fighting, no big deal but since we are at war its changing the odds in the middle of it. If it weren't us then I would still say it isn't fair or correct to change the game in progress but I guess majority rules if we have to vote, so we will end up getting screwed.

If I am correct thats the only thing it really effects in this game.
I agree with the enemy. The overpowered cossacks Im sure were one of the reasons they chose their civ.

And dual install is pretty easy (even for the technically uninclined like me), just go to Firaxis Games in Program Files, copy and paste the whole folder back into Program Files, and rename it Old Civ or whatever. Then patch, which will change your Firaxis Games folder. The folder "Old Civ" will remain the same.

I agree with the enemy. The overpowered cossacks Im sure were one of the reasons they chose their civ.

And dual install is pretty easy (even for the technically uninclined like me), just go to Firaxis Games in Program Files, copy and paste the whole folder back into Program Files, and rename it Old Civ or whatever. Then patch, which will change your Firaxis Games folder. The folder "Old Civ" will remain the same.
If it really is that easy, then I suggest we go that route. That way one has both 1.61 and 1.74 at their disposal.

do we need to vote or can the admins just state this as Law.

4. Wait until cavalry (or cossacks) are obsolete and then upgrade.

I think that sounds resonable, that way we don't have to keep a dual install going for longer then needed.

Ok here is some info for everyone (after finding out the hard way:cry:)

Just creating a second copy for civ4 and doesn't help. The auto installer puts the patch on both copies without asking you :mad:

What does work is to create an archive(zip, rar, other) of the copy, then install BTS then decompress the archive. This way you keep a copy unpatched.

So what are we doing? for the time being i haven't played the save but can play it as soon as i know whats going on.
So do we have a decision on this yet? I ask this because we've managed to play one whole turn in the last week. I'd like to see the game restarted. :)

I would say send it along for now with the unpatched version. Once a desision is made we cna go from there

Yeah, we can keep playing the save while we discuss it.

I'm leaning towards what Dave said (wait and then upgrade). People can make dual installs in the mean time if they want to, I guess.

Now that Riflemen and Redcoats are running around, can we consider the Cossack-Cavalry bonus obsolete?

Only if you have no cavalry units;)

So just delete them all now and we can patch

Top Bottom