Patch 3.19 out

oyzar

Have quit civ/forums
Will we patch up? If so when? I would think there are few drawbacks to patching up imeadiatly.

Let's wait and see for a couple of days, 'til the dust settles. Issues have come up before when a patch came out.

Wasn't expecting a new patch, and the process for patching a pitboss can be somewhat challenging. Plus if players have non-patched games in progress it can be difficult to get them to agree. So yes, let's give it some time, and folks need to weigh in on whether patching would be a problem.

People can dual instal if they have other games going that are not going to patch up. Patching with pitboss is quite a lot less painful than patching with PBEM. As long as savegames are compatible between versions things should be fine. But yes let's wait and see the bugs.

These seem to be the main changes in 3.19 relevant to our game:

- Players can no longer receive obsolete resources through trade
- Build-specific production modifiers are no longer counted for overflow gold calculations
- Terrain height no longer affects aerial recon missions
- Sea patrolling ships no longer attack if they have less than 50% chance of winning the battle

I'm with DaveShack that we should go the cautious route and not patch too soon. Where possible, we should stick with the current patch for now, and people should do dual installs if they really want to use 3.19. (Of course, some people might already have patched before they read this, which will probably mean that they'll be unable to access the game now.)

From what I've read on the patch thread the saves seem pretty compatible.

The one thing I really like though with the new patch is the fact that there's no need to use the disc. :D

Yeah, the lack of the need for carting a CD around is a very welcome change indeed. :)

This patch has a different save version to 3.17, whereas several previous patches had the same save version. I'd be cautious about just assuming that it won't break the game.

Yeah, the lack of the need for carting a CD around is a very welcome change indeed. :)

lurker's comment: ...naturally, this will result in ALC updates more often, right? :mischief:

lurker's comment: ...naturally, this will result in ALC updates more often, right? :mischief:
Well, weekdays are still a bit of an issue for me due to the need to do some *actual* work for this whole PhD thing. :p

But yeah, hopefully. ;)

According to this post, it looks like there may be issues with Civstats and the new patch. Seems like a good reason to wait a bit before patching...

Hmm, okay. Maybe it's some other problem that that guy is having.

Top Bottom