• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Patch broke more then it fixed.

Cosmic Fox

Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator
Let's face it, a typical first patch, I can't remember a first successful patch with no errors but come on.

you can no longer focus a city on anything, trying to tick food, production or anything on that UI does zero it simply is broken.

Can't access the Menu system at all. I haven't seen where the patch fixed a thing, pretty sad I had high hopes for the update. :undecide:

Last edited:
You really have to disable all mods you may have installed. The City Panel mod was the one that was messing with my game quite a bit.

I was having enough issues I reinstalled the game and completely deleted the install folder, after that the update works fine. I just messed with my game too much.

Works fine for me as well. You might try revalidating your game files, post-patch download.

Go to your Steam Library, right click Civ VI, and select Properties from the fly-out menu. In the properties window that pops up, select the Local Files tab and then "Verify Integrity of Local Cache..." (Yes, it says "Verify Integrity" but everyone colloquially refers to it as "revalidating" your game files.)

You really have to disable all mods you may have installed. The City Panel mod was the one that was messing with my game quite a bit.

I was having enough issues I reinstalled the game and completely deleted the install folder, after that the update works fine. I just messed with my game too much.

I removed all Mods and cleared cache, I am about to try reinstalling and only a few things are broken, I was freaking out a bit to say the least. Yes I am using it through Steam, I never used to use steam but outside party I got the collectors edition makes me go through steam. Probably associated with steam that I am running it through. I will see what a reinstall does....

I already did all the common things like verify, I have been at this since well hell a long ass time but thanks about Steam verifying as not many know about it. ;-)

Go to your Steam Library, right click Civ VI, and select Properties from the fly-out menu. In the properties window that pops up, select the Local Files tab and then "Verify Integrity of Local Cache..." (Yes, it says "Verify Integrity" but everyone colloquially refers to it as "revalidating" your game files.)
You are a gentleman and a scholar sir.

Partly agree - since installing the patch I can no longer capture cities.

Didn't work here.

------

I am uploading the saved game, to see if you can reproduce the crash.
Try to capture Seville or Cordoba, just enter the city with the cavalries adjacent to them.
You can use the help of Minas Geraes and Field Canons near each city.
I tried passing turns - it is possible, but whenever I finally enter the city with the mounted units the game crashes to desktop.

Attachments

• PEDRO II 2 3960 BC.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 60
Partly agree - since installing the patch I can no longer capture cities.

Didn't work here.

------

I am uploading the saved game, to see if you can reproduce the crash.
Try to capture Seville or Cordoba, just enter the city with the cavalries adjacent to them.
You can use the help of Minas Geraes and Field Canons near each city.
I tried passing turns - it is possible, but whenever I finally enter the city with the mounted units the game crashes to desktop.
Is this a fresh game after upgrading to 38-patch, or did you continue your old game?

Yep, crashes for me as well (both cities), even after skipping turns.

It even crashed when I let England take the one city on its turn (pounded city to 0 health and stood back).

After the update I couldn´t start the game, but following your lesson I am in game again.

Did this patch break my savegames?

Is this a fresh game after upgrading to 38-patch, or did you continue your old game?

It is not a fresh game. It was actually my first civ6 save.
Are these bugs expected to be fixed at some point? O js there already a workaround to continue those saved games?
Or should I bury it?

Same happened for me... I can't open the game menu (esc) and I can't focus my city production....??! BLAAH!

Top Bottom