Patch is on hold..

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the patch splits my art pak up, what happens when it figures out i'm a radeon owner and thus have NO art pak file. I had to get rid of it to get the game to run, as per the Firaxis/Take2 fix page.

Gromblmompf said:
17x20=340

Is it that hard to be precise?

Heh. :blush:

I got lazy - looked at the number of pages, looked at the current number of posts and wrote up the little BS equation w/o even doing the math. The problem being that this thread won't hit 340 until the 17th page is full . . .

But, we digress. Back to the topic at hand -

So we know the patch is "delayed" because it was buggy. Does anyone have an idea of when the patched patch will be available? Has there been an "official" date mentioned?

Gromblmompf said:
17x20=340

Is it that hard to be precise?

"320+"

340 > 320.

He was very precise in his estimation. Some people have better things to do than read 320+ posts that are mostly nonsense and better things to do than be careful to cross every 't' and dot every 'i' and make sure they are perfect for those of you who like to pounce on these boards on every single chance to make someone look the fool.

Maybe you missed "Or at the very least keep the snarky comments to yourself?". All the man is doing is asking for help without having to read the "320+" posts. But hey... you tried to make someone look the fool. Good job. :goodjob:

-Weasel

CorruptAssassin said:
is it so hard to read a few posts in this thread?

This thread currently has 300+ posts so, a) yes it is hard to find any useful info about the state of the patch, b) what is one post asking for clarification going to harm when there's already so much spam? and c) who made you the thread police, chummer? Relax.

Worth noting that's the pulled version of the patch. Download at your own risk!

MarkG recently stated at Apolyton that Firaxis expect the new patch to released very soon and that it was better to hold off.

Just hope the game will run better when scrolling on the map, its terrible especially near the end of a game

Shillen said:
Yes let's all download an executable file that some random person uploaded.
i uploaded it.

it's a patch that firaxis pulled, maybe they'll have a new one today, who knows. ppl that download it need to just be aware that it was pulled for a reason. personally, i hadn't played civ4 for about 2 weeks & was just waiting for a patch. it made my game run better. your results may vary and it may just be better to wait for a few hours, few days, or a week or whatever it takes (especially if you play online).

Just saying that it is very easy to attach a keylogger program or some other malicious virus to an executable file and have that file still do exactly what it is supposed to. I would highly recommend no one download this file and if you want to risk it to have your virus definition files up to date and scan it before running it.

I've seen many victims of this type of thing from what they thought were harmless downloads...

Padma said:
Moderator Action: I pulled the posts that had hosts for the patch. It is *not* available, because it is buggy. T2/Firaxis pulled the official version, and I don't want people D/Ling buggy software from sites that have no right to host it. ;)
they have plenty of right to host it. the file was a publically available patch for Civ 4.

ok so is thsi the official patch so i can click on the eupdate button on the main menu and it will start downloading?

Okay.

It is illegal to publish works that are not your own, without express consent of the works' author --in this case, Firaxis/Take 2.

I'm a writer. I've had websites publish my stories online without my consent. Some of these were bona-fide crooks, but most were well-meaning, but bumbling fans that thought they were "helping me out," by "bringing me a wider audience," when, in fact, they were pirating my works.

I realize the Internet is a haven for this sort of thing, and most people do it without realizing they're breaking the law. Most common example: you see a picture online you think would make a cool desktop. You copy it and put it on your computer. Unless the photographer said you could --or issued a blanket statement that says the photo is for free use-- you're guilty of copyright violation.

This is not exactly what's going on with illegal copies of the patch being posted online, but it's close. Unless the publisher of the game authorizes you to operate a mirror site, you cannot offer the file for download. That they did not charge a fee for it is irrelevant --the rights to publish and distribute the work are those of the publisher, not the end-user.

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

Clown2TheLeft said:
Okay.

It is illegal to publish works that are not your own, without express consent of the works' author --in this case, Firaxis/Take 2.

I'm a writer. I've had websites publish my stories online without my consent. Some of these were bona-fide crooks, but most were well-meaning, but bumbling fans that thought they were "helping me out," by "bringing me a wider audience," when, in fact, they were pirating my works.

I realize the Internet is a haven for this sort of thing, and most people do it without realizing they're breaking the law. Most common example: you see a picture online you think would make a cool desktop. You copy it and put it on your computer. Unless the photographer said you could --or issued a blanket statement that says the photo is for free use-- you're guilty of copyright violation.

This is not exactly what's going on with illegal copies of the patch being posted online, but it's close. Unless the publisher of the game authorizes you to operate a mirror site, you cannot offer the file for download. That they did not charge a fee for it is irrelevant --the rights to publish and distribute the work are those of the publisher, not the end-user.

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

Oh no... I must delete all my lovely Angelina piccies

:cry:

Clown2TheLeft said:
Okay.

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

I think it is only copyright infringement if I make a profit off of your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom