Patch schedule

You only need about 8 workers the whole game. How hard is it to assign them to tasks yourself?

Cheers.

Eight extra tasks every round? Okay, assuming they rotate tasks, it's still 2-3 every round. It's tiresome.

Quit apologizing for the bad implementation, brah. If there was no reason for automation, the option wouldn't exist.

FWIW, I've been playing Civ since the original and I haven't felt the need to automate workers yet. My copy of Civ V should arrive tomorrow or Monday and I expect I'll find a few other things to complain about. ;)

I rarely automate workers but there is an acknowledged bug in the original version of Civ V in regards to workers: in one of the .ini files there's a preference (as in IV) to ensure workers do not over-ride any existing treatments — unfortunately, it does nothing!

That is listed to be fixed shortly (hopefully with an in-game way to set it, too).

By the way, from what I've seen to date, and as in IV, the AI likes farms too much compared to posts/cottages — I guess they don't appreciate the power of maritime city states!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the game. My only problem is the never ending peace treaties. I don't know how you can play the game without the ability to attack twice. I have two games on hold because hundreds of turns (and years :p) later I can't attack because of a treaty done at the beginning of the game. My biggest concern is if this is going to be fixed in the patch and when??? (or is there a way to fix it already out?)

But other than that the game is GREAT!!! Absolutely love it and and I thanks everyone for working on making this game available on a mac. (I just switched from PC to mac, I was about to get a PC just so I can continue to play this game XD)

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the game. My only problem is the never ending peace treaties. I don't know how you can play the game without the ability to attack twice. I have two games on hold because hundreds of turns (and years :p) later I can't attack because of a treaty done at the beginning of the game. My biggest concern is if this is going to be fixed in the patch and when??? (or is there a way to fix it already out?)

But other than that the game is GREAT!!! Absolutely love it and and I thanks everyone for working on making this game available on a mac. (I just switched from PC to mac, I was about to get a PC just so I can continue to play this game XD)

This is a bug and will be fixed by the first official patch.I have met the same problem.

I'm sure everyone has their pet problem they'd like fixed..

For me, it's the Cross-platform multi-player. I have friends on Windows and friends on Mac, and we've been playing Civ IV together but are ready to move to Civ V.

I also have been a civfanatic for around 15 years, called in more sick days because of it(could not get enough!)Have matured a bit since then. I did manage to get ahold of civ V and I find the cost in gold per turn to maintain improvements(have to have happy people!)a bit tiresome. Also, the unpridictable but it"s gonna happen crashes. Are the patches going to address this? Would go back to civ4 BTS but after trying to fix registry errors and messing everything up(when will I learn) am unable to reinstall BTS. That was one of the reasons I really had to have civ V. Thankyou

Where is the new patch ?

I'm waiting for this patch please...

Well, they have actually said that the patch will release before the 16th. So, who knows when we'll get the Mac version.

Cheers.

Suggestion is the huge PC patch may come out tomorrow — wonder if this means our initial mini-patch, as described in the original post, will get released on its own, or delayed further to incorporate the many new changes?

Suggestion is the huge PC patch may come out tomorrow — wonder if this means our initial mini-patch, as described in the original post, will get released on its own, or delayed further to incorporate the many new changes?

I almost don't care which happens, but it would be nice if Aspyr said something so we would know.

We don't know when or what we'll get for the Mac, but I'm sure we'll get all the changes eventually.

Cheers.

Hopefully this patch will hook both PC and Mac users up to have the same game version.

That's something I'm looking forward to, so I can start playing with my friends.

Does anyone know, is it possible for my friend to install a version on his PC that matches up with my Mac? He's purchased the game through Steam, I believe.

Top Bottom