PDF: Civ4 BtS reference sheet

Hello!

All 3 ZIPs reloaded.
Big thanks for PM-ing me.
Sorry, for that it took me so long to react. :)

Also, if someone has got a time to collect all mistakes from 13-oct-2007 edition into one txt/doc file, please do that. Then I will put it together corrected in the next edition.
Thanks in advance!

I collected all the mistakes I noticed that had been reported since last version of the guide was published. I also attached a zipped .xls file of all BTS Handicap info picked from XML to the post due to some posts referring to mistakes in Handicap information section.

I found another mistake to be corrected in the next version.

In Units section (p. 38-45), Knight and Cataphract are mentioned to require Archery tech. Out of the medieval horse units, only Camel Archer requires that tech.

Hello 2 all!

All of these errors have been removed:
- Mistakes in AI extra units information (p. 74)
- Handicaps corrected (p. 74)
- Clarifying tech trading ratings and percentage descriptions, tech trading factors corrected (were reversed) (pp. 6-17)
- Cathedrals give +50% culture bonus even if their religion isn't the state religion (p. 73)
- Cottage/Hamlet/Village/Town growth times corrected (p. 20-21)
- Anti-Tank is now +100% vs. Armored (was +50%) (p. 38)
- Base Peace Weight renamed to "relation factor" and explained correctly (thanks goes to Ori) (p. 6)
- Pentagon now listed under Military Experience due to 2 XPs it gives (p. 72)
- Knight and Cataphract not require Archery (p. 38-45, 47)

Thank you Pikkis for your help.

I will update the Guide as soon as possible.

I have noticed the unit upgrade prices are off. Has anyone else noticed this? The ones in the sheet are low (generally like 20 - 30g).

Love the sheet, need to print a new one as the current one is getting warn out.

According to Refar's discoveries, Bomb Shelters also reduce the damage of a Nuclear Plant meltdown (post #5 of that thread). This could be added to Bomb Shelters information on page 24.

Also, Walls, Castle and unique units based on them have text "except Gunpowder Units" in their information sections. This can be misleading, because, as far as I've understood, the exception concerns all units using gunpowder-based weapons, not just units referred as "Gunpowder Units" in the game. Due to the fact that there isn't much space, term "Gun-based" could maybe be used, though usage of word "gun" in that situation isn't correct in military usage.

I have noticed the unit upgrade prices are off. Has anyone else noticed this? The ones in the sheet are low (generally like 20 - 30g).

Love the sheet, need to print a new one as the current one is getting warn out.

At least in the 4th edition (13th October 2007), raw upgrade prices start from 60 gold.

The reference book is absolutely amazing.:hatsoff:

If any updates are planned, may I suggest including random events. There is comprehensives info in one of the threads, but it would be nice to have it as a part of the neat booklet.

First of all: what an amazing piece of work this is, truly excellent stuff! [worship]

Another question on the peace probabilty percentages though, since there's a lot of knowledge around in this thread I'm hoping you guys can help... In a recent game I had Charlemagne at friendly and he DoWed me at (or around) 1310 AD. Ok, went back in time using old saves to see what had happened 640 AD pleased, no war plan in effect yet. 1100 AD friendly, but enough on his hand (planning on attacking me it turned out). In the meantime, his diplo rating vs me has never been under pleased (rather, it has almost exclusively been at friendly).

How come he made a war plan against me, based on the peace prob. percentage that should have been overridden, shouldn't it (With Charlemagne being at 20/60/100/100)? Or am I not reading this right?

Btw, it was at immortal level difficulty, not sure if that makes any difference in any modifier or something. Also, was at war with a third civ for a while (but not when he attacked me).

Thanks in advance for any clarifications you guys can give. :)

Hey, they are updated! This is great, i was waiting to this update to print it. Thank you very much

Simply amazing.

:)

I was wondering if anyone know how to print the pages in letter format without the white rim around the pages? Is that even possible?

This new version is great! I don't mean that the ones before weren't great, but this is just the best! I especially like the addition of Deutsche Version, as German is my third-best language after Finnish and English. It will help me in my endeavour to start playing Civilization IV in German. Maybe I should download Wersja polska too, just to learn some words in Polish. It's amazing how you were able to translate these reference sheets to other languages in so little time! Each of these reference sheets is worth at least the same as a Great Work! :goodjob:

I was wondering if you could modify the standard version?
Document is protected, so I can't do it.
When you open the pdf and do facing view (page side by side), the leaders section
would display much better if pages 6/7, 8/9, 10/11, 12/13, 14/15, 16/17 would display left/right, just requires a blank page be inserted after page 5.
And pages 54 & 55, would be better off rotated clockwise. instead of having to manually do so just to view those 2 pages. Then having to rotate back to view any other page.

Might also make sense to split page 76 into 2 separate pages, the font is pretty hard to read without zooming the page.

Other than that, cool stuff.

Just discovered this - simply amazing.

SPECIAL NOTE
If you find my PDF useful/helpful and you would like to thank for my job I would be very gracious if you send me a postcard from place where you live. I am collecting them. Also, I want to know where my PDF is in use.
It took me totally (with updates) about 1 month to do this job. Please, give me only your 5 minutes...
In the next edition of PDF (which will be released afted the next patch, that will change something in the game) I will place special thanks for everyone who send me a postcard (don't forget to sign).

Here is the address:
Robert Cebula
ul. Leszka Czarnego 2/49
35-615 Rzeszów
* POLAND *

Thanks in advance!

the above is from the author of the reference guide , so if you have time , send a postcard :goodjob:

Top Bottom