Peace in DG3?

I would like a peaceful game, but alot of it depends on what Civ we pick. Cultural and Diplomatic are my favorites, but I might consider supporting a Space victory.

Actually Diplo and Culture are the only ones I haven't won a game on, and since Culture was DG1, I would say go for Diplo.

Whenever I play, I'm gunning for a space victory when: oops! I win a diplomatic victory! I suggest playing as France, good for sucking up and industrious is a must-have, especially in late-game.

Peace? Ick... stay away.... I might catch your disease. ;)

Honestly, I'm a warmonger myself, but I think our strategy should be based on the Civ we choose. I wouldn't entirely object to a peaceful game, but I'm not a fan of it either.

I think SAaM is on the right track. Decide what kind of victory you want and then choose a civ that fits that victory type, not the other way round. BTW, I still like the idea of a team demo game. Let the peacemongers make a team and the warmongers make a team and see who wins. :D

Personally, I don't see what's wrong with the French. I think they're the perfect builder civ - industrious/commercial. Industrious workers can keep up with expansionist in terms of getting roads out for settlers. Also, they can build up a good infrastructure for lots of gpt. (lots of gpt to rush things with). And, 150+gpt (300+ w/GA) means lots of science research.

Originally posted by Shaitan
What does playing the French have to do with being peaceful in DG3?
I was wondering the same thing... My games as the French often start with a hyper-early warrior rush ;)

Originally posted by Shaitan
What does playing the French have to do with being peaceful in DG3?

Because, I'm a builder at heart. I know the last game didn't show that... :p

But, I like being industrious/commercial for a builders game. Commercial especially.

Top Bottom