Perdition or Salvation? The Final Battle

Will this cause the mess you posted here? In this case the sabotaged labels text of the Steam version would be twice as bad as I considered it just now. Not only all old existing Civ 3 scenarios would be spoiled by the Steam version, but also all scenarios, that are created, with the Steam version of Civ 3 Complete that are played on all other versions of C3C.
Hmm, I'm not sure what the issue is. I modded this on a computer that was running Civ III from a disc. I might need to take a look at the labels file.
OK, so I started up a new game but this time -- just as an experiment -- I inserted the 'Unknown' line into the labels.txt file in the .../Angels and Demons/Text/ folder. And everything is now back where it should be on the game-setup screen!

I can think of only 2 possible explanations: either Lord Malbeth has an.exe file (and game) which was -- like the Steam-version -- written for multiplayer (way back when GameSpy was still hosting it?) so also needs that line in its labels.txt; or Windows 8.1 has quietly quietly 'updated' my conquests.exe file to the Steam-compatible version (despite my never having deliberately authorised such a change). I think the first is much more likely (since I don't have any labelling-problems in epic-games, the conquests, or any other mods)...

And now onto the next problem/bug.

I am a couple of turns into the game, I have hooked a 'Grace'-resource to my road-network, but for some reason I can't build the units that it's supposed to enable:
Spoiler Large image :
PoS TFB unbuildable Ishim.png
I have looked in the "Perdition or Salvation..." .biq (i.e. not the "Angels and Demons" DEBUG-version), and the settings for the Ishim (and Cherubim) look fairly standard to me. They are available only to the Kingdom of Heaven, requiring only Celestial Monarchy (the KoH starting tech), and the Grace resource. They are flagged as Foot-units, but not King- (or Princess) units.
Spoiler Just to show I'm not hallucinating... :

PoS TFB Ishim prereqs.png
So why can't I build them? What am I missing? Because it will be pretty difficult to fight off the Lieutenants (and hordes) of Hell, if all I can build is D=1 Fairies... :lol:

Last edited:

Sorry it took me so long to respond. This is a very odd. I will need to open up the ol' PC and take a look (the computer I used to make this died and atm I only have a Mac).

Is this scenario available anywhere? The Mega link in the first post no longer works.

With @Lord Malbeth's permission, I would be happy to re-upload the mod's zipfile and patch...
I'm suuuuper late to the party here, but that would be fine with me. I'd need to dig up the original anyway, as I think it was on an older computer.

Most excellent, thank you. And don't worry about the timing, it meant I got the hope of getting to play this mod rekindled a handful of days before my 50th birthday, so that works just fine for me.

Top Bottom