Permanent alliance alters techs brokered status

I was the first to research Biology which I traded to Greece, but not to superpower Rome, who they were fighting, when Julius Caesar demanded it. He soon declared war and I joined Pericles in a permanent alliance. Later I realized I was no longer able to trade away biology because I had taken on the brokered status on the technology when I joined the alliance.
This was on 3.17 with better AI 0.60.

I can see exactly how that happened ... in CvTeam::addTeam() where permanent alliances are created, there's a call to CvTeam::shareCounters(). In there, whenever one team has a tech set as a isNoTradeTech, then the merged team will as well.

The fix is just to switch the polarity ... clear isNoTradeTech if it is not true for either team (and they have researched the tech ...). That will work out just fine in all circumstances from what I see.

BTW, did you know that with No Tech Brokering on, you can trade a tech the first turn you acquire it? The mechanism which blocks tech brokering and trading on the first turn are the same, and with the way Firaxis has it setup they can't do both.

Hmm. Assuming normal trading would it be possible to block trades for 10 turns instead of 1? (or some other number)

BTW, did you know that with No Tech Brokering on, you can trade a tech the first turn you acquire it? The mechanism which blocks tech brokering and trading on the first turn are the same, and with the way Firaxis has it setup they can't do both.

Acquiring, you say. So if I gain a tech from trading, with No Tech Brokering on, I can sell it to another AI the turn I've acquired it ONLY? I shouldn't be able to. Clearly an exploit. Is this something which only the human can do, or can the AI do it as well? If so, that should be fixed. :)

Acquiring, you say. So if I gain a tech from trading, with No Tech Brokering on, I can sell it to another AI the turn I've acquired it ONLY? I shouldn't be able to. Clearly an exploit. Is this something which only the human can do, or can the AI do it as well? If so, that should be fixed. :)

Sorry, meant to say the turn you've finished researching it ... brokering never works under No Tech Brokering, but the normal block on trading a tech you just completed researching doesn't apply in this case. Sorry for the confusion.

Elkad said:
Hmm. Assuming normal trading would it be possible to block trades for 10 turns instead of 1? (or some other number)

Not easily, it would require changing how the system works. Right now it's just a boolean, there'd need to be a counter.

Top Bottom