Photos of India 2007

Ramius75

Deity
hi hi,

after months of procrastination i decided to post some of my India phototrip album.

Starting with 3 photos 1st and i will come out with more later on.

As im too lazy to watermark all my photos.
All rights are reserved.

kid- New Delhi, Main Bazaar

Untouchable oldman- New Delhi, Main Bazaar

Dancing- New Delhi, Main Bazaar

some more photos.

Flow, New Delhi TrainStation

Stare, New Delhi TrainStation

Shopkeeper, New Delhi, Main Bazaar

RickShaw Men, New Delhi, Main Bazaar B/W

Sleeper, Train to Allahabad

Sleepers, Train to Allahabad

Kid waking up, Train to Allahabad

Mother And Child, Train to Allahabad B/W

Street of Allahabad, Allahabad

Holy Cow, Street of Allahabad

The cow is trying to keep itself warm during the cold night. And ppl are starting burning rubbish everywhere to keep themselves warm too. Temp is around 10-15 degree at that time.

Street, Allahabad

Street Party, Allahabad

Saw this street party on our way to the kumah mela. There got fireworks, musics, discos and lotsa great food :D We were invited as guests and one of the photographer even got thrown into the air for celebration :D

Bashful girl, Allahabad

City of Allahabad, Allahabad

Family on rickshaw, Street of Allahabad

Road, Allahabad, Kumbha Mela Campground

Smoke , Allahabad, Kumbha Mela Campground

Boatman, Allahabad, Yamuna River Bank

Camp Ground, Allahabad

Pilgrim, Allahabad

4am, Allahabad

Boy, Allahabad

Family, Allahabad

Holyman, Allahabad

Men, Allahabad

Praying, Allahabad

Boatman, Allahabad

Woman, Allahabad

Sikh, Allahabad, Kumbha Mela

2 girls, Allahabad, Kumbha Mela

Night bathing, Allahabad, Kumbha Mela

Night Bather 2, Allahabad, Kumbha Mela

Adding 2 more pics, i adjusted the color to make it less yellow, what u guys think ??

Group Praying, Allahabad

Group Praying 2, Allahabad

To be continued...

Wow. Your technical skill aside, your eye is great. The second picture (untouchable) is flat out breathtaking.

Wow. Your technical skill aside, your eye is great. The second picture (untouchable) is flat out breathtaking.

thanks :D the untouchable is quite a controversial subject. Some people found it to be a little bit scary instead. i particularly like this 1 as the old man looks kind of weird and in daze actually... i will post more pictures of my india trip soon.

Excellent camera work!! Some of the best amateur shots I've seen!

Looking forward to more Kumbha Mela shots. :)

thanks :D the untouchable is quite a controversial subject. Some people found it to be a little bit scary instead. i particularly like this 1 as the old man looks kind of weird and in daze actually... i will post more pictures of my india trip soon.

Beautiful photos. You have an excellent eye, I must say.

I've got a question: how did you know that that guy was an untouchable? I couldn't make that out from the photo, to be honest.

Beautiful photos. You have an excellent eye, I must say.

I've got a question: how did you know that that guy was an untouchable? I couldn't make that out from the photo, to be honest.

Thanks.

Im not that sure actually, but he was homeless, dirty, shagged and looked daze... so i tot he is 1 of the untouchable.

Very very nice. You do indeed possess some wicked camera skillz.

Some of those shots of the Kumbha Mela are indeed awesome.

Post more!

Very very nice. You do indeed possess some wicked camera skillz.

Some of those shots of the Kumbha Mela are indeed awesome.

Post more!

thanks, will post more once i process the pics. im trying to "groom" the mood now :D

You're welcome.

:lol:

To put it mildly, that's not how it works. ;)

oh, well, to an untrained eyes, he sure looks like one.... but im sure to come across many i think... saw many ppl in indian having jobs like picking up trash, dungs etc etc... very sad i couldnt help much.

Wow, very nice photos. Have you taken a photography course or something, or are you a professional photographer?

Dancing is well, as well as the semi-long exposure at the train station. That one is interesting, and quite cool as well.

The next one that catches my eye is the kid waking up on the train. The lighting is just magic here. It's a great genuine, well lit shot. Near perfect. Nicely focused.

Mother and Child on the train needs to be cropped. This one could have been real good, perhaps as good as the waking girl, but it's underexposed. This is probably savable with photoshop though. The concept and general framing is great, just crop some of the black off the top.

What is the story behind Allahabad? What's going on here?

I like the one with the boy out of this set most.

I'd be careful taking the pictures of the vagrants. A lot of people in photography circles look down on this sort of thing. They see it as exploitation to an extent. I'm not real big on taking pictures of people in their lowest moments, and when I take pictures of the poor, I try to bring out who they are, and not what they are.

Top Bottom