[SCENARIO] WWII Storm Over the Pacific!

At least it existed - and may be there is coming an update ?

Hope so - Also noticed that the VP map and tech tree spoilers have nothing in them either.

EJ : :wavey:

Hope so - Also noticed that the VP map and tech tree spoilers have nothing in them either.

EJ : :wavey:

I can still see all the screenshots in El Justo´s post 1 of this thread without any problems. Serutan, may be it is your browser ?

Man I hate I missed grabbing the files before the error on go file. I'd love to get them and contribute however I can!

Good to see you back El Justo!

I can still see all the screenshots in El Justo´s post 1 of this thread without any problems. Serutan, may be it is your browser ?

I think I know what happened. I can see them now, but the first time I was looking at it while on lunch break at work, and the links were probably blocked.

legendary is back thank u el justo:))
but link is not working where can i download main files?

Any chance of a new link for those files? I'd love to test this... :sad:

All I get there is a page in Cyrillic writing, which I cannot read. Would it be possible to upload the files to the Civ3 server?

All I get there is a page in Cyrillic writing, which I cannot read. Would it be possible to upload the files to the Civ3 server?
Cyrillic characters are not scary, they are not hieroglyphs :). I'll teach you. You select the file, right-click on it, in the context menu select the item with the icon most similar to the download ("Скачать в .zip (XXX МБ)").
2023-11-06_11-22-37.png

Cyrillic characters are not scary, they are not hieroglyphs :). I'll teach you. You select the file, right-click on it, in the context menu select the item with the icon most similar to the download ("Скачать в .zip (XXX МБ)").
View attachment 676883
I do not find Hieroglyphs scary as I studied them while in seminary. I had a terrible time on tests, but my translations were always 100%. I have discovered that Gardniner's Egyptian Grammar is available online, and have downloaded it to go with my hard copy and my Middle Egyptian dictionary. I have considered using them in another game to drive players crazy. Cyrillic is a different thing entirely, as is Hebrew. I never did manage to get the Hebrew alphabet down.

That is also not what I am seeing on my computer screen at all.

timerover51, the problem for uploading this scenario at CFC is that it exceeds massively the upload limit to a CFC post. Here you can find a nice map about ancient Egypt with hieroglyphs for your modding. :)

Last edited:
I have managed to download the scenario, and I am studying it. I have also spent 3 weeks every summer for 13 years teaching a class on World War 2, and I have been studying the war since 1962. I have been studying the weapons, naval vessels, and aircraft used in the war about as long, and I have built an extensive library of the military hardware used during the war. After an initial overview, I am not excessively impressed. I understand that El Justo is viewed by some as a demigod of modding. He needed to spend a lot more time studying the war and its hardware.

I tried to open the game to look at it prior to any changes by me and got the following message.
Storm Pacific Error.png

How do I deal with that?

How do I deal with that?
The problem is triggered by a link to an old version of an unit that is replaced by a new unit (the same problem appears with some units in AoI, too).
As the old unit is contained in the units folder of that scenario, too, the simplest solution in my eyes is to open the units folder of that scenario, rename the unit Japanese Paratrooper to Japanese Paratrooper1 (or something like that) and than rename the unit Japanese Paratrooper-old to Japanese Paratrooper.

I attache a screenshot where I had renamed the Japanese Paratrooper to Japanese Paratrooper-new wrong drop before renaming the Japanese Paratrooper-old to Japanese Paratrooper.

Japanese Paratrooper.jpg

Thank you for the response, Civinator.

Edit Note: Now I have to decide how much time I want to invest in fixing all of the errors in it. There are a large number.

Edit Note 2: I am having the same problem with missing files as listed in earlier posts. Has no one ever bothered to post a corrected version? And my list of errors is growing quite rapidly. Has no one who knows some World War 2 history ever looked at this scenario?

Last edited:
I may keep poking away at this, and if and when I get something that I view as acceptable, I will post it to dropbox, to avoid the Russian download.

Top Bottom