[SCENARIO] WWII Storm Over the Pacific!

Sorry, allready deleted. I was playing with Great Britain, that starts in India. The bombers would be doing bomb runs, I try to intercept with Hurricane I and Martlet II and these die in droves... it's like trying to intercept B-17s with WWI biplanes...
Not a problem. That does give me a starting point. I will keep poking at it and let you know how it goes.

Not a problem. That does give me a starting point. I will keep poking at it and let you know how it goes.
If you check on the Modding Storm Over the Pacific thread, you can seen some of the small changes and explanations that I have made. Would you be interested in a bit cleaner game?

Japanese bombers... omg so OP... In the early game, (playing with UK) I've spent some 50+ turns watching Bettys killing Hurricane I and Martlet II literally in droves. I think I've so far lost 20+ and killed 2-3 bombers... :cry::cry:

(also... any idea how/if we get lend lease here?)
The reason that your fighters were getting killed so fast was that they were given negative hit points, which meant that basically it hit, they went down. That has since been corrected, if you want another go at my modifications so far.

The reason that your fighters were getting killed so fast was that they were given negative hit points, which meant that basically it hit, they went down. That has since been corrected, if you want another go at my modifications so far.
:dubious::dubious: enemy sabotage! I'll run one again, then. Can you point me to the link please? I can't find it...

As long as you have the SOP file still on your computer, the changes I have made should work. Here it is, I have reworked the Allied aircraft and the tanks. The M3 Lee and the M3 Grant were the same tank, just with different names. The Matilda was a very tough tank, but expensive to produce with the cast armor hull. I have reworked a few of the ships, mainly the Australian and New Zealand ones. You now get Code Breaking and Airborne Warfare in 1942. Hint, build the Medical Corps HQ and the Code Breaker right away.

Attachments

• Storm Over the Pacific T51 Mod2.zip
    107.9 KB · Views: 12
As long as you have the SOP file still on your computer, the changes I have made should work. Here it is, I have reworked the Allied aircraft and the tanks. The M3 Lee and the M3 Grant were the same tank, just with different names. The Matilda was a very tough tank, but expensive to produce with the cast armor hull. I have reworked a few of the ships, mainly the Australian and New Zealand ones. You now get Code Breaking and Airborne Warfare in 1942. Hint, build the Medical Corps HQ and the Code Breaker right away.
Most excelent, thanks a lot :thumbsup: what's the effect of those two? Happyness? That's one point I was always in trouble with...

Right! Now the RAF is going to work! Huzza!

A couple of questions:
-how do we upgrade? I'm now on "tank II" but I can't find a way to upgrade the old M2 models. Is this on purpose? Older models can't be upgraded?
-british India has no Matilda II, only US lend lease tanks. Is this correct?

Most excelent, thanks a lot :thumbsup: what's the effect of those two? Happyness? That's one point I was always in trouble with...
They each give two free advances when built, to help you keep up with the Japanese. The Medical Corps HQ also gives you 4 happiness in each city. You will have to alternate building military with building improvements to keep the citizens happy. Also, keep an eye on your happiness slider. The various improvements also increase your city production by a lot.
Right! Now the RAF is going to work! Huzza!

A couple of questions:
-how do we upgrade? I'm now on "tank II" but I can't find a way to upgrade the old M2 models. Is this on purpose? Older models can't be upgraded?
-british India has no Matilda II, only US lend lease tanks. Is this correct?
You should be able to upgrade the M2A4 to M3 Stuarts, but that is something that I have not experimented with as yet. There is not building that really functions as a barracks in the scenario. I will try to figure out what is going on, but you might have to build the M3 without being able to upgrade the M2.
The British in India do not have Matildas, while the Aussies and New Zealand have them. If you want the British in India to have them, use the editor and locate the Australian Matilda, and add British India to the countries that can build.

You might be able to upgrade ground units at the General HQ India building. You should be able to build multiple ones of those, and use them like a more conventional barracks. The was a best a beta release, and I am still working to figure out all of the bugs. There are a lot of them. For one, El Justo had all of the standard infantry units listed as Wheeled, so they could not enter Jungle or Mountain terrain. There is a lot of both on the map. The only foot infantry units were the specialized ones that were autoproduced, and the US Marines. I switched all of the Allied infantry to foot units, but being nasty, left the Japanese as Wheeled. They will be hard-pressed to invade India from Burma.

I taught a class on World War 2 for 13 years, and developed a strong dislike for the behavior of the Japanese during World War 2. That extends to the game.

I may be away from my game computer for a week, but I will keep checking here to answer questions.

The Supreme Command HQ should be auto-producing Great War Heros. I have those set for population 4, and they join cities. This acts to help the Allied player keep up with the Japanese, who start the game with 110 cities, which is more than all of the Allies combined. They have a research rate of 3 or 4, so they also gain advances quite quickly.

They each give two free advances when built, to help you keep up with the Japanese. The Medical Corps HQ also gives you 4 happiness in each city. You will have to alternate building military with building improvements to keep the citizens happy. Also, keep an eye on your happiness slider. The various improvements also increase your city production by a lot.

You should be able to upgrade the M2A4 to M3 Stuarts, but that is something that I have not experimented with as yet. There is not building that really functions as a barracks in the scenario. I will try to figure out what is going on, but you might have to build the M3 without being able to upgrade the M2.
The British in India do not have Matildas, while the Aussies and New Zealand have them. If you want the British in India to have them, use the editor and locate the Australian Matilda, and add British India to the countries that can build.

You might be able to upgrade ground units at the General HQ India building. You should be able to build multiple ones of those, and use them like a more conventional barracks. The was a best a beta release, and I am still working to figure out all of the bugs. There are a lot of them. For one, El Justo had all of the standard infantry units listed as Wheeled, so they could not enter Jungle or Mountain terrain. There is a lot of both on the map. The only foot infantry units were the specialized ones that were autoproduced, and the US Marines. I switched all of the Allied infantry to foot units, but being nasty, left the Japanese as Wheeled. They will be hard-pressed to invade India from Burma.

I taught a class on World War 2 for 13 years, and developed a strong dislike for the behavior of the Japanese during World War 2. That extends to the game.

I may be away from my game computer for a week, but I will keep checking here to answer questions.
Thanks for all the answers. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am thinking of turning the General HQ into the equivalent of the barracks, so as to allow for units to be upgraded.

Top Bottom