PIE's Ancient Mediterranean on Deity

Nice presentation, almond.

I think we should stop the frenetic expansion. I saw you were barely making money at 70% at some point. Perhaps, at that moment, you had enough happies to get there without revolt RNG in all cities, but that won't happen all the time. Expansion is proportional to getting 55% gold slider without negative GPT. If some negative gpt, then the expansion is halted until growth and built improvement (which is an important factor for gold treasury) allows another city.

My target city would be that ultimate wheat city. It's an awesome spot. And it allows the much needed granary, which enables 25% stocks.

Trivia: did you know that even the food bin is so exaggerated, the combination of granary(25%)+rice granary(25%)+brewery(15%)+smoking hut(10%) is totalling to 75% food after growth. That is the factor making the quasi comparison to regular BTS and starting to make slavery an interesting choice.

Another point: mercenary civic never was chosen early because like normal BTS pacifism, army will cost a heck of an arm.

Yep, wheat city is good. We may be able to settle it such as to get 2 coppers and Barbary Lions. Scout that fog again soon just to be sure where everything is.

Granary would be nice indeed. Some cities are growing sooooo slowly.

We can keep a fairly stread stream of merchants going too. Really should only build them in Halstatt.

I would keep Lead city a while longer to see if it grabs a religion.

A religion I would really want is Hinduism. Indra cult is the strongest cult of all! Seriously.

Is Hindu even in this game? edit: I mean was it founded without Indians present.

Hinduism was founded really really late. Especially for a set of deity AI's. Even an AI stuck in jungle should gotten it way earlier. Setting that aside, yes, hinduism is present.

The only missing important religion is sumerian gods, allowing a good wonder.

Some thoughts:

1) Begging Hatshe: War Cry may work.
2)I'm gonna destroy that lead at one moment. It's more damaging than helping.
3)Freaking Nubian Natakamani is +11 with us. C'mon get PLEASE! He has nice codex tech we could get.
4)

I see our economy is in shamble. Ok, I have a short term plan. Thusnelda is hated by everyone. I bring my workers to her I DoW her. She'll be my slave furnisher. She's backward and pose almost no danger.

Also, she OBs at ANNOYED. Cool, uh?
No other candidates are available for getting some cash. We are desesperate for cash!

whew! No more nightmares! ;) I knew that avatar would be quite unpopular. How about a nice fluffy anime kitten for your next one :lol:

If you mean the German Lady, be careful as she is at war with the Numids. She is constantly sending troops in that direction. Nothing some chariot archer/archers can't handle though.

Sorry! I'm going to reload. A frikkin' weird bug happened. I sold the first slave, then the second and bam the stack of slaves disappeared. Like >400 :hammers: gone for no reason. Kind of BS justifiable of a reload.

Be wary. Don't stack your slaves when selling. The gold I received was certainly not the equivalent I should have gotten if all my slaves were sold.

EDIT: OH MAH GAWD. What I settled as mine slaves. No way. Still reload. The amount is to huge for the city size we're going to suffer massive slave revolts.
UI stupidity. I summon TMIT argument for reloading. Lawl.

Who said warmongering would be sooo easy? I had a stack of ~30 mixed chariots against one city and now I fight a losing war. Only good thing is the buggy duplication of Trojan Horse, which is basically the ultimate siege for dropping a city defenses in one shot. Also one use per Trojan Horse.

The one who succeeds me is awared that retreat is best for the moment. We are bleeding cash too. This is gonna be hard to conquer everything when just one city is too hard to conquer.

I think at this point, chariot types are obsolete. We shall spam shortswordmen before opposition does it.

Wow... amazing... it takes me hours to study all that while I'm at work setting up a new server...
and... I will have an eye on your tricky gameplay (no desertification, worker->slaves before enslavement and what else will come...) ;)

I see my partner became an insurgent :scared: and posted that succession game in your thread. I hope you like all the dedication I put in your mod recently although the bad terms we had initially.

About desertification, it is a nice idea regarding simulation of history, but regarding gameplay it's a killer for both the human and the AI and much more for the later. The human can use tricks (specialize one or two cities into military and spare the others), but the AI mass produces units in all cities, making most cities bare of forest around turn 400-500 (especially on slower speeds starting Epic because we can make more units for a period than normal speed). And that simply leads to a underwhelming AI easy to roll over later.
I think, although I'm unsure if it's feasible with only Python, you should add an option to enable or disable desertification. Those who likes simulation, can go default while others can turn it off.

For me, I don't have problem to modify your game to my taste (realized finally your implementations were really solely python, making the edits easy...not always but often). But for general population (which I dare to say lazy because if someone like me without any knowledge of python can do it, everyone can do it!) it is better to help them a tad.

Anyways, I hope PAE will infiltrate the zombie minds of this place seemingly all converted to DoC in a hardcore way.

Another important point to work on is the AI expansion rate. It seems really slow to me for some. Perhaps there is a way via XML values of leaders to modify this like the most preferred unit to produce (don't recall the exact tag).

Sure ;)
I could give half chance of desertification on AI.
About expansion: the AI shall expand when it's time. and they do it in time... of course, human players are always better or find a way to expand quicklier and earlier.

Good to see Pie over here :)

Okay, I'll pick up some turns this evening, Tachy

Top Bottom