Piffle Communication Thread

I say let's go for it, if we are going to lose, might as well make them fight all the way

if we went for it though, i would attack Sunrise Citadel, cut the massive army (unless they have moved it all) off that were taking over Loco.
If we went for sunrise citadel, we would need a fleet of at least one carrier, two would be better and three would be really nice, full of fighters, enough ships in it to hold back Epsilon's navy because no doubt will they sense something is up, for long enough to get and capture the city + will would need lots of infantry/marines and arty/fighters from carriers to hold Epsilon back.

The aftermath, i suspect it would be like the aftermath of WW2, superpowers would form, and if we played it right we could be one of those superpowers, Piffle being the other one. Hopefully we should be able to convince Aloha to join our side, help with research, also is we contiue and try and research as much as possible during the war, hoping that Piffle , don't put much attention to research, so that after the war, and if no-one has won yet, we are in a good position to get a spaceship up.

Maybe we could enter our forces slighty later (three or so turns) , therefore all of Epsilon's might will be directed at Piffle and we come in and finish off whats left of the Epsilon's army which will have seriously damaged Piffle's army. so we would come out better from the war (like USA in WW2)

Mind you is is extremely risky and the odds are against us, but we have nothing to lose!

Joe's plan is so crazy that it just might work, so I say we go for it. If nothing else, we will make Epsilon fight for their prize. I guess we're pretty sure to have Aloha on our side, so the chances of giving Piffle the victory, IMHO the worst outcome, are quite small. Most importantly, it might reintroduce the concept of fun into this game. :)

(PS: The past week or so has been holiday for me, hence my inactivity. I'm back now, though)

Sorry guys, my vote is no. Chances are Epsilon will make some preemptive strike before we get our forces together. Also as soon as one of our allies suffers a serious reversal participation will drop and all chance of effective coordination are lost.

Epsilon will be on defense against three much weaker nations and considering the advantages they already enjoy I think they will out nuke us all.

But thats still 2-1 in favor of war. Lets hear from Dutch and any lurkers we may still have.

I say, don't do it.

When looking at the save, you can see Epsilon Frigates literally everywhere. They will spot an invasion immediately. They can easily destroy our galleons, so we'd have to have better ships. We also need better ground units to be able to hurt them. And when we have these better units, Epsilon will have better units too.

Besides, our current army is just enough to defend our country, if we want to attack, we would need to build an entirely new army. All preparations would take so long that Epsilon will probably win before we set sail.

That's two in favour and two against. I guess it's out of the question then, which I'm fine with btw - I'd just wish there was another option than giving Epsilon a UN victory.

Infantry and Machine Guns, I doubt we'd be able to even hurt them, let alone take a city. By the way, I am sailing some caravels to check out their cities.

Well let's wait and see what our carvels pick see and then make a deicison, dutchfire is almost certainly right, but it is worth hecking for any gaps Epsilon have left.

BTW, i am with Theoden, ie i just want to have a fun game, rather than a victory parade for Epsilon, but if it isn't doable, then there is no point doing it.

I think it might be wiser for us not to go to war, but I'm not sure - I'd need to check the save thoroughly to give a final opinion. However, sitting around waiting for Epsilon to win doesn't particularly thrill me either. Perhaps some kind of small secret invasion could be arranged as a compromise. I'm not sure how plausible that is though.

With our artist how long until Mass Media? Do you still want to keep the UN plan on the low down?

Our response to Piffle's Nuke Plan:

Dear Piffletarians,

Considering the extremely short-lived nature of our past tech alliance, you must understand that our trust and faith in you is a little lacking at present, and so we are not inclined to enter into any military adventures with you at this time. However, if you would be willing to share your technological discoveries with us, this would certainly help to lay down some foundations of trust, and we could begin to consider your plans for a military alliance. Sharing your technologies would help to rebuild the trusting and cooperative relationship that has so far been lacking in our dealings with you, and which is essential if we are to align forces in a military campaign. If we cannot trust you, we cannot have the kind of relationship which is very necessary for any sort of military alliance, and so we cannot agree to your plan.

We hope you understand our position,
Team Innovia

Round and around...

Well no we dont understand your position. What do you mean short lived tech alliance?

Can someone bring me up to date on exactly what did and didn't happen with the so-called "tech alliance"?

Joe posted something on Jan 11. Joe do you remember wherte you got the tech alliance sugestion from?

The discussion with Piffle was all in the f4 screen. Basically we told them twice what we were working on and the would get bach to us a few turns latter saying they are further along could we research something else. I'll try and post the actuall conversations when I get some time tonight.

Quote is from 1889, posted in the aloha contact thread, I got the message from the gmail inbox and it was from aloha.

Edit: this was the message

Piffle wanted to know if you would be willing to work out a deal for physics. They are aslo interested in some form of long term cooperation throguh techs and military to deal with epsilon. Let us know what you think

In 1570 we told Piffle about our progress toward Railroad. In 1575 they said "We are 4K toward it and should finish electricity soon via bulb, Aloha is doing Artillery, could you guys do something else?"

In 1580 we switch to corporation in order to open up Assembly line and inform Piffle.

In 1585 Piffle gets corporation from Epsilon.

1590 Epsilon finishes Railroad.

1595 they get Assembly Line from Epsilon and say "We need to have a meeting sometime to discuss the Epsilon problem."

Soon after the get Electricity and give it to Epsilon.

End Transmission.

In 1570 we told Piffle about our progress toward Railroad. In 1575 they said "We are 4K toward it and should finish electricity soon via bulb, Aloha is doing Artillery, could you guys do something else?"

In 1580 we switch to corporation in order to open up Assembly line and inform Piffle.

In 1585 Piffle gets corporation from Epsilon.

1590 Epsilon finishes Railroad.

1595 they get Assembly Line from Epsilon and say "We need to have a meeting sometime to discuss the Epsilon problem."

Soon after the get Electricity and give it to Epsilon.

End Transmission.
If this is the case then I suggest we send a message similar to this to Piffle to inform them of how we see things, and see what they have to say for themselves.

They have lied before in previous chats. I suspect their attitude is that despite the clear implications of their communication the never made any specific promise. Similar to Bill Clinton's attitude when he stated, probably with a clear lawyer's conscience, "I did not have sex with that woman."

The game hinges on Epsilon's response now. If they give us the green light we only have a few turns left. If they do not approve, we only have a few turns left. Piffle can't/won't do anything for us in the few remaining turns.

Peter is running things at Piffle now and he sent this strange greeting:

Greetings!

Piffle has a new turnplayer, as you may have heard. Peter Grimes is now writing to you, as the mouthpiece of the Piffle nation. The briefing meetings are designed to bring me up to speed, but unfortunately I don't have time to stay for all of them. There are several other nations that I'm managing right now - some of them are going well, and some of them need a lot of my personal attention. For that reason, I'm requesting from each of you a report on our current standing with regards to IKEA. Please summarize your current status of forces, status of research, and anything else we need to execute this plan.

Clearly, Innovia is between a rock and a hard place. Forgive my ignorance, but if there's anything that Piffle and Aloha can do to forestall the steamroller, please let us know.

I plan to honor all past arrangements, but it may take me some time to wade through the history to figure out exactly what those arrangements are. The save will be played on Monday morning. If there's anything pressing, make sure to make it known to me.

My personal email is Peter dot smith dot grimes at gmail.

Death to Epsilon!
-Peter

Not sure how we would make use of any aid at this point. Even if we got a bunch of techs our production is too low to make much use of them.

Also Robboo has just now decided to quite over the issue of Peter joining Piffle so the game may be over anyway.

And this in my email:

Hi,

I've been going through what little correspondence there is between our teams. There seems to be some latent hostility. That's doing none of us any good, and in many ways it's doing us actual harm. Example: we should be working together as comrades in the fight against the imperialist dogs of Epsilon!

What can we do to help you fend off the attacks from Epsilon? What can Aloha do to help?

Please let us know your thoughts on the three honest teams taking out the lying infidels.

Death to Epsilon,
Peter the Piffle

Top Bottom