Place to Compare Notes Among Players About Gameplay, Bugs, or Suggestion & Request Before Asking Leoreth

Do you actually have the prerequisite promotion? Formation requires Combat II iirc.
Nope! Thanks for the tip. Now I see that I check this in civilopedia. Must admit that Formation would be OP for a green unit.

One more question-suggestion, if I may. I built a road through rainforest so that my units can intercept the enemy before it destroys my improvement. However, my units can't pass through rainforest even if there's a road. They can only pass through tiles with an improvement which, as I understand, clears the rainforest. Shouldn't the road enable military units to pass through rainforest? I mean come on, that's what roads are for.

Nope! Thanks for the tip. Now I see that I check this in civilopedia. Must admit that Formation would be OP for a green unit.

One more question-suggestion, if I may. I built a road through rainforest so that my units can intercept the enemy before it destroys my improvement. However, my units can't pass through rainforest even if there's a road. They can only pass through tiles with an improvement which, as I understand, clears the rainforest. Shouldn't the road enable military units to pass through rainforest? I mean come on, that's what roads are for.
Building an improvement on a rainforest doesn't clear it. You can only chop rainforest if you have microbiology.

Yes, building an improvement on rainforest does not clear it. I don't want to allow traversal of rainforests just with roads, that would make it to easy to pass through it.

That awkward moment when the game supports the destruction of rainforests.
It also supports offensive wars, colonisation, extermination of natives, mass war crimes, inquisition, slavery, callous use of one's commoners as literal resource, genocide and a few other gamer things. Honestly, destroying Earth ecosystem is pretty tame thing to do in Civ4, compared to other options.

whoa are you trying to get me canceled

The following must be a glitch in the matrix and taking advantage of it totally feels like a massive cheat.
I'm playing China and India is pleased with me, relationship is +3. So I select everything they offer, ask them to "spare this" and get all this for free: incense, gems, tea, wheat, rice, bananas. Everyone loves a sudden bonus but this is too much!
Now I can't decide what to do. Should I take it all despite fairness? Is this diplomacy working as intended? What would you do?

Last edited:
Can you upload a save of this situation?

Can you upload a save of this situation?
Here you go, I appreciate your involvement. Give India Riding as a gift, then you can get all the resources. 2 turns later India offers bananas and you can get them too. Talk about bananas!

Attachments

• Qin Shi Huang BC-0070 Turn 211.CivBeyondSwordSave
    427.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It also supports offensive wars, colonisation, extermination of natives, mass war crimes, inquisition, slavery, callous use of one's commoners as literal resource, genocide and a few other gamer things. Honestly, destroying Earth ecosystem is pretty tame thing to do in Civ4, compared to other options.
I'd like to request Organized Crime be implemented in game to bolster this list. Mmmmm....organized crime.
1713900312837.png

Top Bottom