Played my first game last night...ugghhh....

TempusSolo

Chieftain
Played as a random civ (got England) on a complete stock Create Game at Prince Level. I lost on turn 51. I had only met one other civ and the game ended with my loss. I keep hearing about how easy civ 6 is. I'm not seeing it. I'm not even sure what the loss condition was but I thought it was culture.

Is this the norm or did the AI run rampant with a bug I haven't read about?

Did you lose your cities ? or was it another loss. Turn 51 on Normal speed is a pretty quick loss :(, may have been Religion but i find that unlikely if it was completely stock as i a pretty sure Stock map Is continents. You got an Auto save, i'd love to have a look at it. If you did lose to Culture in 51 turns to the A.I you must have the most extreme bad luck imaginable.

edit... So you obviously didnt get your cities taken by the A.I if you claim you never saw the winner, could you link the Autosave the turn b4 ?, I am curious now. :)

Yep, continents. My wife thinks it was a tourism not culture (and she actually plays a lot more civ than I ever have so she is probably more right than me). She is still very cool to VI and seems to want to stick with V for now although we each have VI installed. I'll see if I can find the save.

Stock is quick speed I think, but I still find any other loss than "losing all your cities" condition hard to believe. Easy question, did you have more than your first city? Do you remember seeing the AI or barbs raze it?

Is this the norm or did the AI run rampant with a bug I haven't read about?

I'm also very interested in seeing a save, because what you describe is far from the norm, in fact it would be a spectacularly singular case of losing so quick.

Just for comparison, last night I played a Deity game (Continents / Standard) where I went for culture and left the other AIs do whatever they wanted. I won culture a bit after 1820AD. At that point, Brazil was halfway to a religious victory but no other AI was even close. I don't even think it is possible for an AI to win a culture victory on a standard map before, say, 1500AD unless you go for very specific settings (random Congo - mass relics combo notwithstanding).

In small maps A.I. can win extremely fast religious victories and it doesnt really matter much if you are playing on Deity or Prince.

I find it weird that the game doesnt tell what victory the A.I. won. I have lost two times very fast and I think they were religious victories, but Im not sure. I guess cultural victory is also possible.

Yeah, they need to fix that lost screen.. some info would be nice. I had that happen too though I suspect I know why... game ended as soon as I killed an AI off so I think I gave a religious victory to someone. But that static death screen with no info is pretty crappy when everything else is information overload.

In small maps A.I. can win extremely fast religious victories and it doesnt really matter much if you are playing on Deity or Prince.
Not on continents map...

I ran a test on prince, huge map, just to see the performance of as many AI as possible. By t51 most of them had 2-4 domestic tourists, then there was one oddball with only 1 and one at 8. In theory it could be possible, however very unlikely, that nobody had more than 2 domestic tourists by that date. In this case, on a small map, an AI who finds an early relic, meets 3 civilizations early and in addition builds stonhenge early to found a religion with Reliquaries belief could get one visiting tourist each from all met civs and win a culture victory turn 51. It could also be possible for Kongo if he happens to find several relics. Those are very many ifs, though. If this is what happened, then it is something that would be extremely rare. No need to worry that it will ever happen to you again.

I honestly don't understand how that could happen. I mean yes you can get religious victories pretty early under the right circumstances but not that early, let alone without you noticing

Maybe you somehow turned on Max Turns set to 50 and thus it automatically became a Score Victory for some AI at that point? Only thing I can think of

Sharing a save file would definitely help

Yeah, they need to fix that lost screen.. some info would be nice. I had that happen too though I suspect I know why... game ended as soon as I killed an AI off so I think I gave a religious victory to someone.

I did the same. I had one majority religion which had 2 civs following it. I didn't realise that the 4 civs I targeted were all other religions (2 civs had been destroyed by AIs already). I took all of their cities, razed a few without proper thought and suddenly lost to a civ with 2 cities.....

Top Bottom