Playtest Feedback Thread

The Capo

godless Heathen

PLAYTEST FEEDBACK

This thread should be used for all playtesting feedback. I will link the playtesters to this thread when I send out the playtest so all the information is here and made public, so playtesters can compare notes. If I get a PM from a playtester (about the mod) I may post it here as well.

Please do not request a playtest from this thread, I will only accept playtest requests in PMs.

This thread was getting pretty lonely, and since the next playtest (playtest IV) is going to be out soon I figured I might as well post something here for now.

Playtest IV will be ready after GeoModder finishes up the south-pacific islander city set and Bakuel finishes up the Cidainh unit. Once that is done I am going to put those in, make sure the new unit and building graphics are good and then I'll prepare it for upload. Currently there are nine playtesters, there are a couple of new playtesters too.

The things we are going to be testing in this playtest:
  • AI Personalities for new leaders (I'll have a better list prepared)
  • New UU behaviors/stats
  • New wonders
  • Check unit graphics
  • New features like slavery, police state, and serfdom
  • And as usual a general synopsis of what you think of the mod

A more detailed list will be sent out with the playtest links as well as here. I will repeat this later, but I figured I might as well say it now so it gets into everyone's head: you may PM me your thoughts and findings when playtesting, but I think for the purpose of keeping everything organized (and for the sake of my PM box) you should post what you notice during the playtest in this thread, that is why I made it after all. Screen-shots would be welcome too.

The most important thing is to have fun, but please try and do a good job playtesting the mod too. :goodjob:

I suffered a crash after capturing Ottawa County in the Industrial Era with a Cavalry. I was playing as Bismark of the Germans. I was running Police State, Nationalism, Slavery, State Property, and Theocracy. I don't remember the year. I had an Earth2 large-size map.

I suffered a crash after capturing Ottawa County in the Industrial Era with a Cavalry. I was playing as Bismark of the Germans. I was running Police State, Nationalism, Slavery, State Property, and Theocracy. I don't remember the year. I had an Earth2 large-size map.

What type of crash was it? Was it an unkown-CTD (Crash to Desktop) or was it a MAF (Memory Allocation Failure, i.e. "not enough memory to continue")?

Is the new playtest out, or am I missing something o.O

Vortilex is talking about the last playtest (III), the next one is playtest IV. This mod used to be on one thread in the Modpacks section, but we got this sub-forum a week or two ago.

It was an unknown-CTD.

Just a quick update on what is going on with the playtest. I have the new CC update for my mod from Geo, there are a few tweaks I have to make to that. And I have decided to add the Air Unit promotions now so we can fine-tune them. There is discussion on that in the Functions/Features thread. The quicker we get those settled the quicker I can release the next playtest. So if you are interested in helping out with some ideas there that'd be great. :goodjob:

I'm shooting to get it out by Monday or Tuesday (so after the weekend), but if all goes well it should be done before then.

Awesome!
Very looking forward to this one!!

Probably you already fixed this for the upcoming playtest, but the persian (and IIRC for other civs too) maceman's button is still samurai, the musketman's is oromo warrior

Probably you already fixed this for the upcoming playtest, but the persian (and IIRC for other civs too) maceman's button is still samurai, the musketman's is oromo warrior

I believe I fixed that, I played a game as Persia a couple days ago and didn't notice anything. A lot of the buttons have been fixed. But everyone should still try to keep track of that stuff. Another thing is leader texts, if a leader uses the wrong name or civilization for themselves please take note of that too.

Expect the playtest Tuesday. Even for the non-Americans, because I'll be putting it out late Wednesday Night/Early Tuesday Morning in the American East Coast. :goodjob:

I believe I fixed that, I played a game as Persia a couple days ago and didn't notice anything. A lot of the buttons have been fixed. But everyone should still try to keep track of that stuff. Another thing is leader texts, if a leader uses the wrong name or civilization for themselves please take note of that too.

Expect the playtest Tuesday. Even for the non-Americans, because I'll be putting it out late Wednesday Night/Early Tuesday Morning in the American East Coast. :goodjob:

Only 7 hours of Tuesday left over here! *starts countdown* :p

Really? It's only 8 AM here :)
This means only 1 or 2 AM for Capo and the other Americans

But you are right, even 1 AM is early Tuesday morning :)

It's 0751 on Tuesday here. Now I really have something to look forward to! :D

Eh, didn't have a chance to upload it last night. But I am uploading it right now, so whenever it is done I'll send it out.

Hmm, dropbox seems to be screwy (it went from four hours to upload to thirty hours). If anyone knows a good, reliable, free, file-hosting site that isn't FileFront I'd really like to hear about it.

Alright everyone, I have sent out links to all of the playtesters. If you have trouble with anything please let me know here or by PM. Try to keep your playtest feedback in this thread (even if it could apply to another thread) so we can keep everything organized, it will make it much easier for me to make edits/changes if it is done this way. I hope everyone has a good time with it. :goodjob:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is a DebugDLL with the mod. You WILL get pop ups because that is just what the DLL does, just click on ignore once, or ignore all when this happens. There is nothing wrong with these pop-ups occuring. They will occur when you load the game, sporadically throughout your game, and whenever the Praetorian attacks. Just ignore those kinds of pop-ups. They will say Assert Failure on them, if you get a python pop-up that is something different and should be reported.

If you use a Mac you can remove the DLL if you want, but I don't think anything will happen if you don't.

Ok
So I downloaded the Mod, Un-"Rar"-ed it,
during the un-raring process, a message noting that the leaderhead.pak file was corrupt.

I cant actually play a game, meeting a leader whose art is missing (corrupt leaderhead.pak file), causes the game to crash.

I am going to re-download the file, and try to extract the file from the bundle.

I did notice a few things while scanning the Pedia

Graphics:
The City Ruins for Arcologies, is missing, and causes a Debug popup

The Buttons for the Center for Disease Control and Astrogenation (sp?) need an alpha channel border (i know this is an aesthetic issue with the Next War Mod)

In the Pedia entry for King Richards Crusade
the Religion Icon doesn't display, only the text to display it i.e. [RELIGION_ICON], it should read [ICON_RELIGION]

I'll put a patch together for the Next War building issue, I forgot to put them in when I added the new CC.

As far as the KRC thing, I know about that text issue, but I don't know how exactly to fix it/put the state religion symbol in.

Top Bottom