PlayWithMe

Alpaca, Thal writes in one of his threads that the new hotfix patch made a bug-like change with the Krepost (made it a world wonder)...
just thought I mention it...

Where is build 7 of v6? I see only "b6" attached in post 3

Oh, I must have forgotten to replace the attached file. Sorry. Will do it when I get home. I know about the krepost, I was the one who posted the bug. It has +50% culture in PWM which is a bit less powerful for border expansion but better in general

Thal: Thanks for pointing out the typo. Was your error not displayed in Database.log? I guess I could add some checks for when a reference fails

Are upgrades enabled in the b7 version? I'm playing a game from scratch and I cannot upgrade my horses to Askia's unique knights.

Did you do anything to puppet AI? In regular civ5's current patch, I think the AI puts happiness buildings at the top of the que when global happiness is negative. Mine weren't doing that. I was even at -20 happiness and my puppets built markets first.

Are upgrades enabled in the b7 version? I'm playing a game from scratch and I cannot upgrade my horses to Askia's unique knights.

Did you do anything to puppet AI? In regular civ5's current patch, I think the AI puts happiness buildings at the top of the que when global happiness is negative. Mine weren't doing that. I was even at -20 happiness and my puppets built markets first.

They should be but you can only upgrade one unit every couple of turns.

I didn't do anything to AI but I did add a building that creates a gold and science modifier for puppets. Can't really tell, AI modding is a bit of a mystery right now.

Loved the first post with how this mod is made, right up to the point of handling units. No upgrades. Hm, no I want the units with all the lovely veteran badges. Can this mod be played with Thal's Balance Combat mod? :)

Actually, there are upgrades in the latest build version if you see the 3rd post on the 1st page. There's just a cooldown period before you can upgrade again.

I like the changes so far, I will definitly adopt this mod when finished. :)

I tested the last build today, after 300 turns the gold maintenance for buildings almost doubled for an unknow reason (at least to me), ruining my game. I have no clue what happened, took me a while to notice.

I tested the last build today, after 300 turns the gold maintenance for buildings almost doubled for an unknow reason (at least to me), ruining my game. I have no clue what happened, took me a while to notice.
That. And it did in earlier versions too... It scales up as the turns pass for some unknown reason. Alpaca, was this on purpose? Because it doesn't seem very logical to say the least.

And unplayable. With all the money buildings built in my cities I still had a deficit of 150 :deal:

Alpaca is the one who tipped me off to the Krepost bug in the first place, and we're thinking along similar lines... when I learned about it my thought was to change it to a cultural boost too. It's not a perfect workaround, but should be alright in the short-run. :)

There's a lot of great work in Alpaca's mod and we've shared quite a few ideas. If you want to try them out, I'd use only one at a time (either PWM or my combined balance mods), they're different ways of approaching the same problems and would not be compatible.

I test v6 b7, playing as France, on Prince level, tiny pangaea map. Quick speed.
I play a warmonger game, here is some data, I captured neighbour Moscow in turn 69:

Turn: 25
Number of own cities annexed or built: 1
Number of puppeted cities: 0
Total population (own+puppet): 3+0=3
Number of possible Supplied units: 7
Number of used units: 3
Cost of units: 5
Gold/turn income: +7

Turn: 50
Number of own cities annexed or built: 2
Number of puppeted cities: 0
Total population (own+puppet): 12+0=12
Number of possible Supplied units: 12
Number of used units: 11
Cost of units: 18
Gold/turn income: +10

Turn: 75
Number of own cities annexed or built: 3
Number of puppeted cities: 1
Total population (own+puppet): 21+6=27
Number of possible Supplied units: 21
Number of used units: 19
Cost of units: 40
Gold/turn income: -3

EDIT

I killed Spain in two phases (3 cities)

Turn: 100
Number of own cities annexed or built: 4
Number of puppeted cities: 3
Total population: 33+21=54
Number of possible Supplied units: 35
Number of used units: 19
Cost of units: 51
Gold/turn: -2

Now, after killing Spain, every other civ starts to hate me (denounces me, I am warmonger - well, yeah...)
/This is fine, and with WWGD v3/

EDIT 2 (22nd of January)

btw turns 100 and 125 I quickly killed off the Russians (1 remaining city they had)
and then started a war vs Japan, which went rather sluggishly, as its capital was very hard to take (hils, hills, everwhere, plus a river).
So, instead Tokyo, I went for the two other bigger one and puppeted them.
My army is of the same size since the Spanish war: ca. 20 units (with a few workers)
On turn 125 I am slowed down by severe unhappiness (-19) and lack of money.

Turn: 125
Number of own cities annexed or built: 5
Number of puppeted cities: 5
Total population: 45+27=72
Number of possible Supplied units: 46
Number of used units: 20
Cost of units: 57
Gold/turn: -9

That. And it did in earlier versions too... It scales up as the turns pass for some unknown reason. Alpaca, was this on purpose? Because it doesn't seem very logical to say the least.

Hmm can either of you provide me with a savegame? Is it fixed on the next turn if you quit and reload?

This might have to do with city maintenance being handled internally as building maintenance (I had to make the AI understand somehow that it needs to build money buildings, and doing it like this means it shows up in the money balance) but that should be re-calculated from scratch when you reload the game. I will check the logic again, anyways.

And, as Thal said, you don't want to try playing BC and PWM at the same time, it's not going to work.

V.Soma: Thanks for the report. Sounds like you're definitely willing to sacrifice economy for conquest. I'm actually planning to increase unit building costs a bit again because with the way the forge now works and such, they are a bit low. I think you can't really use much more than 20 units, either, including healing rotation, unless you open a second front. However, opening a second front against the same enemy (even if it's just 5 units or so) sometimes has advantages as many units on the first front just stand around blocking each other instead of doing something useful.

Unfortunately my pc suffered from a severe virus so I had to reformat it. Maybe Melfus has one to send. Would be interesting to see what exactly is the case with buildings. I'm pretty sure their cost scales up though.

@V.Soma, can you check it out in your game too? (let's say at 300 turn or more)

Report goes on:

Btw turns 125 and 150 I consolidated the empire, annexed cities.
I have some musketeers, and more units, cost went up double more than last time...:

Turn: 150
Number of own cities annexed or built: 8
Number of puppeted cities: 2
Total population: 72+12=84
Number of possible Supplied units: 50
Number of used units: 33
Cost of units: 110
Gold/turn: -2

In turns 150-175 first I finished Japan and got Tokyo, a big juicy city.
After Japan comes England, who has the Great Wall...
They had 3 cities in total, and in the first war I captured York... So:

Turn: 175
Number of own cities annexed or built: 11
Number of puppeted cities: 1
Total population: 112+7=119
Number of possible Supplied units: 65
Number of used units: 46
Cost of units: 184
Gold/turn: +40

Next plan is to finish England by turns 200...

Would be interesting to see what exactly is the case with buildings. I'm pretty sure their cost scales up though.

@V.Soma, can you check it out in your game too? (let's say at 300 turn or more)

Hey, good luck with your pc. OK, I will put in building cost from 200 on...
(I captured London in 187, will not bother with hilly England,
will go after the last enemy: Egypt, who is ahead of me in tech!!! with 4 cities!!!)

Would anyone care to venture an estimate of the current economic scale of PWM compared to vanilla? I'm trying to work in City State Diplomacy and the current gold gift values are way too low for the influence gained. I keep starting my games over and therefore have no idea what late game treasuries look like. My memory also fails somewhat regarding the vanilla economy, save that the numbers were, um... lower :)

Top Bottom