PlayWithMe

I made another game, everything went smooth this time. Until around turn 150, the game stopped on computer's turn. Everything looks fine, mouse works, cursor is animated and music is playing, but the computer's turn never ends.

I actually had these same symptoms (stuck on computer's turn) on a quick game with v6 b8, between turns 108 and 109. Switching to strategic view didn't seem to have any effect. The binary was pegged so it may have been spinning or missing a loop end condition. Is there any way to see if it was within the mod or core game?

I made another game, everything went smooth this time. Until around turn 150, the game stopped on computer's turn. Everything looks fine, mouse works, cursor is animated and music is playing, but the computer's turn never ends.

I'm having that same problem with my current game. Turn 227ish it just hangs on the computer's turn.

The production modifiers for units can get out of hand. In the above game I have +150% production for land units in a single city because of the barracks natural wonder and the new forge. With it, I can make rifles in 2-4 turns. Its so fast that upgrading units is pointless. I can create rifles with 30xp quickly anyway, I'd need to have 60+ exp on my units for it to be worthwhile. I don't have honor so my units don't get much beyond 60xp. And I don't have to bother to heal my units. I can produce a ton and delete them when they get low.

Could you make cities raze faster? It's a pain in the ass to wait 10 turns for a size 10 city(while having happiness penalties AND messing up your natural wonder builds) while you just want to destroy a city.

I actually had these same symptoms (stuck on computer's turn) on a quick game with v6 b8, between turns 108 and 109. Switching to strategic view didn't seem to have any effect. The binary was pegged so it may have been spinning or missing a loop end condition. Is there any way to see if it was within the mod or core game?

Unfortunately not. The mod does practically nothing on the AI turn so it's probably a bug that exists in vanilla. It's quite possible the mod does something to aggravate it but I have no idea how I should find that out without debugging tools

I'm having that same problem with my current game. Turn 227ish it just hangs on the computer's turn.

The production modifiers for units can get out of hand. In the above game I have +150% production for land units in a single city because of the barracks natural wonder and the new forge. With it, I can make rifles in 2-4 turns. Its so fast that upgrading units is pointless. I can create rifles with 30xp quickly anyway, I'd need to have 60+ exp on my units for it to be worthwhile. I don't have honor so my units don't get much beyond 60xp. And I don't have to bother to heal my units. I can produce a ton and delete them when they get low.

Could you make cities raze faster? It's a pain in the ass to wait 10 turns for a size 10 city(while having happiness penalties AND messing up your natural wonder builds) while you just want to destroy a city.

Natural wonder? I guess you mean the heroic epic? Well that's kind of supposed to happen. It's somewhat unbalanced right now, I agree - I'm only starting to really balance the buildings now. The forge and workshop will both go to 30% soon. These production modifiers also allowed me to already increase unit production costs a bit, too.

As for razing, I'm not sure if I can or even if I'd want to. From a flavor point of view, I cringe every time I raze a city. However, with city maintenance and seeing the AI city placement patterns I probably can't remove it without creating frustrating gameplay situations where you have to take crappy cities even though they cost you a lot. I've been experimenting with increasing the AI settling distance, so far I've been successful at increasing it to three tiles between cities instead of only 2 but that's about it, and the AI still builds crappy cities on one-tile islands.

Unfortunately not. The mod does practically nothing on the AI turn so it's probably a bug that exists in vanilla. It's quite possible the mod does something to aggravate it but I have no idea how I should find that out without debugging tools

[Regarding game hanging on AI turn]

I don't know what happened, but I reloaded that save about 8 times trying different zoom/strategic view combinations and I actually got it to continue about another 40 turns before the same thing happened again. I'll probably try reloading a bunch of times and see if that fixes it again.

[Regarding game hanging on AI turn]

I don't know what happened, but I reloaded that save about 8 times trying different zoom/strategic view combinations and I actually got it to continue about another 40 turns before the same thing happened again. I'll probably try reloading a bunch of times and see if that fixes it again.

Are you using quick combat or do you have animations running?

This has happened with me in vanilla as well. :)

This has happened with me in vanilla as well. :)

I think so, but the question is if it happens more often in PWM. And if so, why. The problem is, there's no easy way for me to find out without being able to debug the AI code

I like this mod, but I notice my production is currently only 30% of the total hammers in each city. What could be the cause of this? Rather a harsh penalty for something. I have +46 happiness but -76 per turn gold (out of 22,000).

I like this mod, but I notice my production is currently only 30% of the total hammers in each city. What could be the cause of this? Rather a harsh penalty for something. I have +46 happiness but -76 per turn gold (out of 22,000).

If you're playing with the daily build, it's probably due to unit supply. Each unit you're above the limit costs 10% production - and you should see an ! displayed in the top bar. I agree it's a bit too harsh and would prefer only unit production to be affected but it's a vanilla system I can't easily change. I've never been above it except in the early game, though, you must have a lot of units.

Edit: In a more general note, I haven't stopped working on the mod. I just don't have a lot of time at the moment due to real life commitments ;)

I think so, but the question is if it happens more often in PWM. And if so, why. The problem is, there's no easy way for me to find out without being able to debug the AI code

I get the hang as described right now around turn 350. Can't continue. While it is quite likely a bug in the base game, I've never had a game made unplayable by it.

PWM is somehow surfacing this bug.

I get the hang as described right now around turn 350. Can't continue. While it is quite likely a bug in the base game, I've never had a game made unplayable by it.

I wonder what it's caused by, though.

Bug: In case you hadn't noticed, ,seaport has a maintenance charge of 100 instead of 1.

Thanks for pointing it out. I noticed it, but I haven't had much time for modding lately due to real-life stuff. The changes I'm currently working on are quite labor-intensive, too.

One other possibility (at least in my case) is that it's InfoAddict that's inducing the bug: In several games with PWM or TBM and InfoAddict turned on I got the hangup, while I haven't seen it in vanilla or in 2-3 mod games without InfoAddict enabled.

One other possibility (at least in my case) is that it's InfoAddict that's inducing the bug: In several games with PWM or TBM and InfoAddict turned on I got the hangup, while I haven't seen it in vanilla or in 2-3 mod games without InfoAddict enabled.

Question to all people who get hang-ups: are you playing with InfoAddict?

Hi, I just downloaded playwithme mod and the techtree simply disappears and I can't choose anything. I can see only agriculture...:sad:

Question to all people who get hang-ups: are you playing with InfoAddict?

Hi

Have experienced the infamous hang-up once at turn 115 or so and by-passed it by switching briefly to strategic view.

But no Infoaddict is not installed or active (got also but only the notificication mod on).

By the way, I do like your mod so far, especially the military part ;)

Hi, I just downloaded playwithme mod and the techtree simply disappears and I can't choose anything. I can see only agriculture...:sad:

Are you using any other mods or just PWM?

Originally Posted by kojah
Hi, I just downloaded playwithme mod and the techtree simply disappears and I can't choose anything. I can see only agriculture...
Are you using any other mods or just PWM?

Happened to me as well, and not only in the tech tree. The city screen was messed up as well. My ugly workaround was to comment out all references to UI files in the .modinfo. I'm playing on a Mac, by the way.

Also, PWM_CityStates.xml has an error making maritime CS give 100/200 food instead of 1/2.

Top Bottom