PLEASE READ: How to report bugs.

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
To post a bug report, please do the following:

1. Check the forums first to see if the bug has already been posted!

2. Write the bug report in the following way:

a. Write the title of the bug. (i.e., "Game crashes when the user clicks 'X'".

b. Write the steps to reproduce the bug. It should look like this:

1. Load the game.
2. Choose a single player game.
3. Select Persia and press x."

c. Write what you observed. (i.e., "The game crashes when I was doing....").

d. What you expected to happen. (i.e., "The game should show the Civilization info for that civ)

e.) Where possible, PLEASE post a save file along with a description of how to reproduce the bug!

f.) Provide any other pertinent information: "It happened in the Final War scenario".

To post screenshots, you can either attach them, or use the file upload link at the bottom of the forum.

Providing this information makes it much more likely that your bug can be tracked-down and fixed.

Could I add a rule 3?

3. Read the civilopedia to make sure the problem is not a change in gameplay rules, instead of posting it as a bug.

i have the direct to drive version. it downloaded ok. it says it's installed.
when i click on the BTS icon, i receive message "a required security module cannot be ....5024. what gives?

Here is what happens: I start game, choose custom game, choose a leader and other options, hit next and it crashes. I never get to a certain turn, it just crashes before even starting, i guess while building the game environment. This does not happen in other sections and game choices, i.e., the BTS content and the other BTS Mods.

Since all other aspects of the game seem to work fine, I'm concluding this is not a problem with my system. I have the 3.03 patch. I also have the latest Blue Marble add-on...

Any suggestions?

Bug report - on loading 'Crossroads' it CTD in setup when 'Waiting for foreign leaderheads' (or something like that) flashes up.

Vanilla CIV4 + BTS + 3.02

Some sort of leaderhead issue - any ideas anyone?:cry:

P.S: u/g'ed 3.13 - problem solved thnx:D :lol:

If I attack and burn Alexandria the game crashes after the end of turn and the saved game cannot be loaded.
Another anomaly is that both the United Nations and the Apostolic Palace elections are triggered. I understood that the one replaces the other.

View attachment After attack.CivBeyondSwordSave[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• before attack.CivBeyondSwordSave
    121.1 KB · Views: 97
I see this needs to be deleted since the colony AI bug is involved. Can't figure out how to delete it> Help?

BTS patch 3.03 single player game. No performance problems until game crashes while AI is moving. Get message about waiting for other Civs. When I reload this game and play one or two turns, it crashes. I'm not sure it makes sense to work on this with the new patch coming out?

Attachments

• crashAD-1914.CivBeyondSwordSave
    307.3 KB · Views: 371
re; my thread "GAME NEVER ENDS". Is this a bug? Anybody else had it?
And why doesn't somebody reply, esp. a moderator like you?

Ainwood, are you going to open a "consolidated bug list" for the 3.13 patch? I would appreciate it :)

ADDIT: Hallelujah! Un-installing BTS, reinstalling, re-patching to 3.1, and then installing the 1.0 and 1.1 RTW upgrades has brought sound back to RTW!

In short, the problem I describe below in my original post seems to have been fixed conclusively.

-=-=-Original Post-=-=-
No Sound Road to War 1936 & 39 Scenarios

I searched the forums and it appears that this bug has
NOT been posted.

Here is the procedure I've followed. Load BTS. I hear all the
startup music. Load a Mod.

Select Road to War. Select Single Player. Select Load a Scenario.
(It works the same if I load the scenarios via the BTS Content screen)
Select RTW Europe 1936. Select Germany. Select Noble Difficulty.

The Signature screen of US troops walking the burning Germany village
comes up (full screen), followed by the smaller popup window of
info about the Mod. Click OK to close the smaller window and the game
progresses to the game map.

The signature screen with the air-raid warning pops up to start the match.
I hear the air-raid warning. Close this screen, and no sound for the rest
of the match.

Move an infantry and fortify or sentry it: no sound.
Move a bomber or fighter to another city: no sound.
Zoom the map in or out: no sound.
Click open a city: no sound.
Move a tank and fortify or sentry it: no sound.
Send a plane on a recon mission: no sound.

What I expect to be happening is everytime I tell a unit to fortify or move,
etc., I should hear sounds, plus there should be background sounds (cows,
birds, etc.) and when I go into a city, I should hear town noises. I hear
none of these. I attach a .sav.

Exit to the Main Menu for the RTW Mod. Start another SP game, this time
RTW 1936 Pacific. Follow all the same steps, except play as Japan.

Same problem with RTW 1936 Pacific.

Exit to the Main Menu for the RTW Mod. Start another SP game, this time
RTW 1939 Europe. Follow all the same steps, play as Germany.

Same problem with the RTW 1939 Europe.

This is not happening to me in other scenarios, or non-scenario SP games.

Attachments

• Vice-Chancellor von Papen AD-1936-January-Fortnight 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    444.6 KB · Views: 220
I just bought BTS today, I installed it once and it installed but wouldn't run because of the dx3_33.dll was missing. so I uninstalled and ran a virus and spyware scan, followed by installing an uptodate directx 9. I tried again and this time it would crash after scanning for Direct X updates.

please help.

My specs:
AMD Turion 64 mobile (1.9) daul core
Nvidia 7150 mobile 64mb integrated
2 gb of ram
windows vista home premium.

enclosed is a picture of where it crashes.

Attachments

• noinstall.JPG
    noinstall.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 262
Ok - my guess is that when you installed, you didn't install the directx update on the disk - it is actually a different version of directx 9.0c than the 'standard' 9.0c (go figure...)

Try reinstalling, and choose "yes" to update directx. Then patch BTS to the latest version (download it from here)

dunno why or how but it finally installed correctly and the game works!

I don't know what deity I pleased but yay!

BtS 3.13
No mods of any kind; no problems in install
No changes from default sound or graphics options except to turn down music volume a little

Dell 9200 with Intel Core Duo @ 3.00 Mhz
Windows XP service pack 2
No unusual hardware
No other software running
All drivers up to date as far as I know

Whenever I start BtS, the intro movie "stutters" -- both animation and sound stop every second or so for about one second. This did not happen in Civ4 or in Warlords. It also did not happen the very first time I started BtS, but has happened every time since (>15 times). I did not change anything during that first session except (maybe, I'm not sure) save a game.

There is a thread in this forum about this bug, but it does not contain a usable fix.

(The same thread also discusses a bug that causes wonder movies to CTD. I experienced this bug also, but the fix posted there for that bug works -- although finding the .ini file is counterintuitive; you can't find it by searching, only by realizing that there is a shortcut to it. Someone should publicize that fact.)

CK

Warlords conflict error on attempt to reinstall BTS.

Had fully operational Vanilla, then Warlords, then BTS installed and up-to-date patched on system. Uninstalled Warlords to save disk space. Resulted in error's on launch that mentioned the Python. Uninstalled BTS and Vanilla. Reinstalled Vanilla 1.09. Patched to 1.6, Patched to 1.74. Attempting to install BTS. Gets well into install, then generates message about file conflict with Warlords and install crashes.

Not really interested in playing Vanilla, so help with BTS reinstall appreciated.

Warlords conflict error on attempt to reinstall BTS.

Had fully operational Vanilla, then Warlords, then BTS installed and up-to-date patched on system. Uninstalled Warlords to save disk space. Resulted in error's on launch that mentioned the Python. Uninstalled BTS and Vanilla. Reinstalled Vanilla 1.09. Patched to 1.6, Patched to 1.74. Attempting to install BTS. Gets well into install, then generates message about file conflict with Warlords and install crashes.

Not really interested in playing Vanilla, so help with BTS reinstall appreciated.
Two things you can try after deinstalling everything:

1st: in the registry delete all civ4-keys
2nd: (after uninstall) delete the remaining directory structure where the installation was done before

You should then be able to install Vanilla+BtS without Warlords conflicts

Two things.

Animals bonus = scout bug
First if you try to add a defense to say a settler you know like a scout, afterall they didn't go out into the unknown defenseless, they knew there were dangerous animals and such, so if you put 1 in combat, 100% vs animals, and defensive only. Then when you start the game you always get two settlers. Remove the animal bonus and everything goes back to normal.

The second, is a very old bg.
Vertical_Symbols.dds read
how the game reads the file means you cannot really change the plot contents. You couldn't for instance make it so a pop unit eats five food and multiply everything by five. The game handles it fine except the plot only shows up to nine of a resource. Wonder which programmer wanted to go home on time that day? Sorry, but the way that was programmed was very amateurish.

Top Bottom