Poser Animation Library

Thanks, Hikaro. Any help you can give on archery units would be superb! Can you give help with mounted units as well, please?

Not unless we're talking chocobos.... They're the only mounted units I've done, and that was thanks to Kinboat making the models (chocobo and saddle) as well as the run animation. Basically all I did was parent the rider to the chocobo's body (except the death animation, when he gets thrown off)....

As for the archery animations: The fortify and attack animations are NOT for the faint of heart.... The main figure will at least be in the proper positioning, even though you'll have to manually edit the arrow(s).

I thought I'd post the animations for my Settler units, so here they are. This is a Poser file rather than just an animation file, like the one I did for Workers, with the props already in place. It uses one of the props that was included in the Worker file, so you'll need to download that one first if you haven't already to make it work properly.

Attachments

• Settler Animations.zip
    715.2 KB · Views: 274
:bump:

Hey, I'm trying to use the settler animations. When I load the template, as on the previous page, it says that it needs help finding santabagmab.obj

I've re-downloaded the worker animation files, and although they contain santa bag props, none of the ones seem to be the one its asking for (I've tried all 4 files - the 2 .pp2 files and the two .rsr files)

Any clue?

It doesn't show up, so essentially the same as if I were to click cancel when asking me to load the prop.

I'm using Poser 6, if that helps.

I don't think its actually supposed to be in the geometries folder; I think thats just the folder where Poser defaults its search for missing files. :)

AFAIK the file in the "character" folder often links to a file from the "geometries" folder. The Obj file is stored there (not always but many times). If you delete the geometry file, the object can still be seen in the "character" library, but it doesn't show when you add it to your unit. But I may be wrong...

Hello, everyone!

I'm going to make a Landsknecht unit graphic with Kinboat's Poser model, but I'm lack of proper animations/poses, especially the attack pose. Could someone provide a two-handed sword wielding animation set?

Thanks!

Attachments

• ???-3.png
    ???-3.png
    50 KB · Views: 438
zwei833, I know you are doing the Landsknecht for Civ 4/5, so I don´t know, if the following link is useful for you:

Sandris made a lot of two-handed sword-attack animations for Civ 3 units, among them the following for Landsknechts: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13071

It is not for Civ5, I'm not only a Civ games modder but also a member of the PMTW modding team which is lead by Cegorach. We are making a mod call Pike & Musket, which is about European warfare in the timeframe 1480-1700, for the game Medieval: Total War. (More information is in our sub-forum.) I'm going to use the original Poser model to export the new frames so I can make the unit as big as we need.

Anyway I have just made an awkward 2-handed sword attacking pose by myself, but it would be better if I can use Sandris/Imperator/Balam-Agab's attacking pose.

Thanks for the link. I know Sandris' pack(and I'm actually a big fan of Sandris!), but the pack only contain finished Civ3 FLCs, no Poser files.

I think you may be misunderstood me, when I said 'animation', actually I don't mean the finished FLC files, but the PZ3 file(pose) for Poser.

I did converted Civ3 units, as I said in the PM to you, and you can see the achievement in the first 3 posts of this thread. But obviously, the quality is poor since the Civ3 unit graphics are too small for MTW engine, so I decide to remake unit graphic in Poser with materials provided by Civ3 modelers, which can export the image on larger size and can do some necessary modification. This is my first work and I'm satisfied with its performance.

P.S. Balam-Agab has kindly provided his two-handed swords pose set, so it is not needed anymore.

I had perfectly understood that you wanted the pz3 files, I just didn't understand what you wanted to do with them :) - larger image files so that it looks better with the MTW engine, sounds perfectly logical. Maybe we could then convert your creations to Civ3 :D

Top Bottom