Possible bug in C3C scenarios progression

Blas

Chieftain
Hi all,

I play the Spanish version of C3C, and i think i've found a bug in it.

After installing the game and upgrading it to v1.22, i enter the HOF and click the "Next" button to start the first Scenario. After playing it (and winning, of course), i enter again the HOF and it shows my winning result for that scenario and shows the "Next" button on the following Scenario. That works great for the first four Scenarios: after winning, the HOF grants me access to the next scenario.

But, after winning the Mesoamerican Scenario, the HOF doesn't show my victory, and the "Next" button remains in the "Mesoamerica" line. I have played the first four scenarios three times each, and the bug happens everytime after winning Mesoamerica.

A friend of mine, who also plays the spanish version, has exactly the same problem, so i think i might be a Spanish version bug.

I play at Monarch level all scenarios.

Not sure why it isn't correctly showing your victory, but the scenarios can be played in any order, you don't have to complete one to play another one, just select them from the Conquests! part of the main menu.

Thanks Justus, i know i can play all conquests in any order, but, for the HOF of C3C to record the victories in normal (non-scenario) games, you first have to win all scenarios in order (isn't it?).

Nevertheless, i think this is a bug, as the game is made to offer the possibility to go through history in order, but it stops working correctly half-way.

I have been wondering if it could be a matter of difficulty levels... i played all scenarios as Monarch, but maybe the game demands an increase in difficulty level as the progression goes on...

Has anybody gone through all scenarios in order?

I've played the conquests out of order, and had the HOF record them correctly, so I don't think that's the problem. Aslo, difficulty doesn't matter, it affects the score, obviously, but the results are recorded regardless (my son played WWII on chieftan, and it showed up on my HOF ;) ) If it isn't recording the score for only one conquest, it is possible that that conquest .biq file was edited. If any of the 'Conquests' are edited in the slightest, they will no longer be considered for the HOF in-game. Try to replace that conquest .biq file. Or (more drastic), back up your HOF file and saves, and reinstall altogether.

Maybe it's a bug exclusive of the Spanish version... because, being somewhat frustrated by this problem, i have continued playing the scenarios, not wanting to get stuck for this, and won the next (age of discoveries) but the result hasn't been recorded in the HOF...

As for the conquest.biq file, didn't even know of its existence ;) so i haven't edited it, the game is an out-of-the-box install with the 1.22 patch applied (the patch i downloaded from this site). I had this problem a month ago, and uninstalled all civ3 and reinstalled it to make sure there was a bug...

BTW, do these error/bug reports get to Fireaxis/Atari?

Thx for your attention, Justus!

No problem, sorry I couldn't be more help. Might be a Spanish-version problem, maybe they edited something in the scenario when converting. I know for a while Firaxis did SEE these bug reports, what they do with them afterwards.... :rolleyes:

Same problem here. Also Civilization Conquests Spanish edition and patch 1.22.
I played through all the conquests in order, after finishing the Mesoamerican conquest my victory didn't show on the HOF.
Me too, would like to know if Firaxis/Atari does pay any attention to this forum. Just to know if this bug is going to be fixed, or if it is not deemed important (I assure you it is IMPORTANT for me).

I'd bet money (not much though) that they changed something in the biqs for the spanish version and didn't completely update the file signature recognition value for the 1.22 patch.

I don't know if it would work or not, but if you had access to the english version of the biq you could try that. The worse that would happen is it crash and you have to put the spanish biq back.

Thx for the hint, watorrey, it happens that i have C3C in english too, so i could try to replace the spanish biq file by its english version (considering it now doesn't work, it may be worth a try).

Could you please tell me the exact name of the file(s) i should replace? Are these biq files the "nameofthescenario.biq"?

(Sorry for you, Aratirn - Aratorn? -, as you have the same problem, but, well, at least i'm not alone, i was wondering what could be happenning to my comp to be the only guy with this problem).

Top Bottom